I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

Post  vkaifh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:Also I'm pretty sure the only place that the fast guys are going all the way down to second gear is the first turn only (correct me if I'm wrong) which makes a difference too on getting on the gas a bit sooner and not whippin around.

Wall

actually I'm using 2nd at a few places: 1st turn, 3rd and 4th turn, 5th turn (180 right hander), chicane and last turn. If that's always for the better I don't know. I tend to not break enough if I don't shift down.

Very much interested which gear the aliens use.

I expect them to be in the 1'41s. On a challenging track in a challenging car they're usually over one second faster than me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Yea VK, I'm pretty sure that clacks is using 3rd exept T1. Ran a few with Roo last night and we tried both ways in a few turns. I have a tendancy to hit the gas a little too soon and if I'm in second I'm in trouble a lot lol, especially that 180 right you said. Not sure if they'll hit 41's but 42's fer sher Mad .

Glad to see things helped some Viginti, now it's just practice. When are you normally online?

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Most days before 3pm pst. Sometimes nights after 11pm pst. I live in Seattle and work usually 4-10. Weekend morning afternoon sometimes but usually that time is reserved for me and my girl.

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:Most days before 3pm pst. Sometimes nights after 11pm pst. I live in Seattle and work usually 4-10. Weekend morning afternoon sometimes but usually that time is reserved for me and my girl.

Sounds like a Boeing schedule to me. Very Happy

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Im in 2nd gear only for turn 1, 3rd elsewhere as 3rd can spin the wheels so I don't need 2nd. The brake points Wall outlined sound about right too.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm using 2nd in all the places vk is.

I practiced about 30-45 minutes, fast lap of 1'42.7xx, but that was my only 42. Fairly consistent low-mid 43s. Using 3/0 brakes.
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Registered, will be on for practice 8:30ish eastern.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:03 pm

See ya around there. Wow, 9 already.

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm

+1
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:23 pm

woo, 11. Glad you guys like a reasonably quick car on default Sports-Hards, there's lots of those to pick from. Very Happy

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 pm

redsoxboy80:
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxboy80 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Haha! Dude that kinda freaks me out! It's the angriest clapping anyone can possibly do.

redsoxboy80

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:06 am

Ah...Orson Wells lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:48 am

another fun night Thumbs Up!

I was able to gain one position in the first few turns and finished the first lap 2.1 seconds behind Rooster. Until I screwed up the chicane in the very last lap Rooster and I were never further apart than 3.1s; but I also never got closer than 2s. His fastest lap was 0.067s faster than my fastest lap.

That was an absolute blast, Rooster. I waited all night for you to make a mistake allowing me to catch up; but you never gave me the favor. clap

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:48 am

Well I for one am glad that's over lol. I know a lot of you fellas liked that car, but I just couldn't quite get a handle on it. I'm not too good with really loose cars. I tried to drive it hard but kept making the same things happen. Was watchin the race and can't even fathom how RSB was runnin so fast, and in control with Rack right behind. Guess I need to work on that next as a priority.

Looked like some good battles were goin on in the little packs that developed like they usually do. Roo and VK were fun to watch. VK had the breaking down, and Roo had the line with gettin on the gas first. You'd catch him in the corners, and he get away leaving them. Didn't think to check if you guys were usin 2nd or 3rd in those corners we were talkin about earlier, and if that made a difference. Have to look later at the replay.

G44, Agent, and Robiker looked similar in their battle with G keepin steady and not makin any mistakes. Ro faded back toward the end which left G and Agent close together. Good job by all with consistency, especially when the tire wear was becoming a factor.

I was thinkin it was gonna be similar with no affiliations and myself, but I forgot to cover my mirror lol. Glad to see you finished there, and nice job in turn one when the leaders came up on you in T1. Hope GTP V enjoyed his first run with us. Don't be too discouraged, now you see why we call them "Aliens".

Think I'm gonna change my race cam view. I seem to have developed a bad habit with mirror racing and need to nip it in the bud.

See ya for the next one. Should have a practice room up this coming Wed. evening for the next exciting series here at DSO. Gonna be another very cool car fer sher.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 am

Wallhugger60 wrote:Think I'm gonna change my race cam view. I seem to have developed a bad habit with mirror racing and need to nip it in the bud.

You just need to stop staring at it. We all had the same issue whenever it was we started having people behind us for more than the first 3 turns.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:07 am

clacksman wrote:
Wallhugger60 wrote:Think I'm gonna change my race cam view. I seem to have developed a bad habit with mirror racing and need to nip it in the bud.

You just need to stop staring at it. We all had the same issue whenever it was we started having people behind us for more than the first 3 turns.

Well I'll try that first. When I first started racing online with you guys I was using the rooftop view which has no mirror, but found I liked having it (the mirror), and at that time I couldn't map my wheel for the side views. Hopefully I can stop staring at it at the most inoportune(sp) times lol.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 am

1. redsoxboy
  2. RackAttack
  3. Rooster722
  4. vkaifh
  5. group44
  6. AgentWD40_FL
  7. robiker
  8. no_affiliations

Sorry you couldn't make the last one Forgetful as I know you like that Esprit, so here's the replay so at least you can see the fun Cool

Have to admit while this combo wasn't exactly easy, but it sure was enjoyable. What a Face Being precise on the turn in points, careful throttle management on exit, and not being late on those brake points were all as crucial as ever. More please cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:26 pm

group44 wrote:
Have to admit while this combo wasn't exactly easy, but it sure was enjoyable. What a Face Being precise on the turn in points, careful throttle management on exit, and not being late on those brake points were all as crucial as ever. More please cheers

have to agree with this 100%. really enjoy the mid-hp, run 'em as they are stock street cars. while the lotus was sure fun (+1 more please), my favorite has been the march car. how much fun can you have in a pack at 60mph.

group, had a blast gaining and loosing ground on you due to small miniscule mistakes i was making. very intense racing in a slippery car. thought my race was done on lap 1, turn 1. got bumped pretty hard but kept it straight and just enough brake bias not to cream the car in front of me and still able to make the turn with everyone else.. later on, i was pretty impressed with my drifting skill (i'm no drifter). some of those corners were highlight material for me. one of those drifts put me in the grass which allowed group to get by me. kept my foot in it and there seemed to be plenty of gap and speed to get back on the track in front of robiker. havent looked at the replay and if it was too close, my apologies to robiker.

GTP_Vig - this was, imo, a hard-mode car on a challenging track. not easy, and we all hope to see you in a future event!

good stuff guys ...
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Sorry about the bump Agent, I was on yer right comin into T1 and realized I was about to run out of track where it breaks right. It basically was becoming a wedge very fast. Thought I could get out and stay out of trouble but by then we were in the brake zone. Glad I didn't hurt you any more than I did. I got a good jump at the start and it looked like I was going to get into a good position for turn one. Shows what I know Embarassed . I had Robiker on my right so I had no where to go as I ran out of room.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm

havent looked at the replay, so didnt know who/what it was. there was no damage to my car and i made the turn, so no prob. Very Happy with damage set the way it is, its real easy to get knocked out of running well by not taking care entering first turn. once that 1st turn is outta the way, it gets progressively easier to be aggressive. i probably loose more track positions in a race because i dont try to win on lap 1. i just try to run careful until some heat is built up in the tires on that first lap. staying mid-pack, there is always great racing. i've been pleased the last couples months with you guys .... no worries. Thumbs Up!

look forward to more racing with you! Very Happy
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:group, had a blast gaining and loosing ground on you due to small miniscule mistakes i was making. very intense racing in a slippery car.

Yep, thought you had me there at the end as I couldn't control the gap any longer. Some nice driving to erase your earlier off course slide.

AgentWD40_FL wrote:i was pretty impressed with my drifting skill (i'm no drifter). some of those corners were highlight material for me. one of those drifts put me in the grass which allowed group to get by me.

Waits for incoming photos... Smile Was actually rather impressed you managed to keep it off the wall and rejoin without losing much (enough Razz ) time to me. Now on to tackle the Vette.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Thank you everyone for havin me. Lots of fun. Was a little too cautious to try and go hard but i was concentrating on keepin it on the road and not gettin in anyones way. I bumped a wall after gasin to early after comin outta turn 4. Had to pit around lap 8 or 9. After that started to run fairly consistently albeit slowly, untill i got booted by the network. I have centurylink and Im not really excited about it. Itll be a couple races untill I get the jitters out and start pushing to the limit. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm off to buy a vette.

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 pm

nm. thanks No_aff

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxboy80 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:04 am

So yeah, gotta admit to this. I remember cutting the chicane a few times during the race. Not intentional, just trying to get it perfect every time. I thought I cut it only 3 or 4 times including one really bad one. After watching the replay, turns out I violated the boundary on the left-hand apex probably about 10 times.

So I don't know what the official rule is, but I'm just gonna suggest that I should be excluded from the result. Getting it wrong a handful of times is probably understandable, but I definitely exceeded that. I feel horrible about it and owe you guys an apology. I just mistakenly thought the car was wider than it actually was. That's not an excuse, it's my responsibility to stay within the boundaries. I just got it wrong for this one. I hope everyone could understand that I'd never deliberately cut the track to gain an advantage.

I think it's only fair to everyone one else here and to maintain the integrity of the races that I call myself out on this. I mean it wasn't a good feeling to see everyone else do the chicane properly while I blew it on numerious occasions. Again I apologize. The win should be taken away from me.

redsoxboy80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum