DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R

+2
clacksman
Forgetful
6 posters

Go down

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R Empty DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R

Post  Forgetful Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:57 pm

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R GTDSLOGO-11

DriverSports.org Rulebook:

Driversports.org is proud to announce its newest series, G Production. This class consists of a large portion of pre-1975 cars under 2 liters available in GT5. They have all been matched in performance to create a highly competitive field. We will be running a two week preseason to assess the how well the field is balanced in full race conditions before starting a six week series.

The regulations for G Production will have the race room set to 128hp and 850kg on Comfort Soft tires with all assists disabled. To achieve these specs, all entries will be allowed to have Stealth Modifications to the engine (Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, and Sports Exhaust Manifold). There are a few cars that will also need additional Engine Stage Tuning, and some that will require the use of the Engine Limiter. Please note if your car is high mile, you may show different power/limiter figures than those provided in GTdata. You may not add additional tuning parts to make up for losses in power due to mileage. These extra parts will be readily visible upon tech inspection, and you will be disqualified from the race standings.

In addition to the engine limitations and room settings, GT Auto wings are also not allowed. You may use any combination of weight reduction, chassis stiffening, transmission, drivetrain and suspension parts. To meet the weight restrictions, ballasting (and ballast positioning) is allowed.

Car selection will remain open for the two preseason races. Once we begin the six week series drivers will have to commit to one car for the entire duration. Testing has shown this field to be very competitive and we look forward to seeing you all on track.

Last edited by Forgetful on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R Empty Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Very Happy

Various help:
-The Isuzus and the GTO are the most engine-limitered when in prime-km condition, so they'll be the lest negatively affected by being high-km/mile examples if that's what you have available.
-The GTA1600, Lancer, and Spitfire are all high-ballast when fully lightened and thus with those you will have the most ability to change handling/wear via shifting it.
-These things are all pretty tricky to drive, applying power in particular being tougher than you'd think just looking at the power. Some combination of softening the rear compression damping, raising the initial on the LSD, and some rear toe-in should help.
-Update 2.06 made 0ABS easier to deal with (IMO), the disallowed ABS is not a major problem in any of these cars at 3/0 brakes. Some cars are a little easier to lock up the fronts in than others.
-Basic tune for me (I tested all of them) was: start with a refreshed and stiffened car, 20/20/5 LSD, tricked gearbox with final set such that I'm at peak-hp rpm in top gear at the end of the straight, and the aforementioned 3/0 brakes. Suspension: ride height halfway to lowest from zero, 6.0 springs, default damping/roll, 1.8/1.2 camber, and 0 toe.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R Empty Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 3 | GVE-R

Post  Forgetful Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:21 pm

#1 with a Bellet.

Tune in GTData

Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Forgetful wrote:#1 with a Bellet.

GROAN

... registered in a 510
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Also

Forgetful wrote:Tune in GTData

You forgetful'd to switch accounts Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Group will host while I try to fix the forum buttons
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm going to ... run the GTA1600 instead
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 pm

clacksman wrote:I'm going to ... run the GTA1600 instead

lol @ winning on 11 laps total practice in three different cars (all of which went 1'24.0 or a slice better in their 3- or 4-lap trial). Tune I used is in GTdata.

Good times. I think the magic in here is a difficult car(s) to drive leading to some coughups but so slow that you don't totally die from them. I know I was metaphorically looking out the side windows a couple times.

See you all at SSR5 next week, I'll be in a different car ... just have to narrow it down from the 10.5 to choose from.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 am

That was a fantastic race, and I spent most of it alone. On lap 4, coming up the left hander after the tunel, I tried to take an inside line due to congestion, got unsettled and slid in to the wall, damaging my left rear. I lost touch with the pack but once I got used to what the damage was doing to the car I started sloooowly reeling in the leader from my 6+ second gap.

*drives alone with pack in sight*

At the end of 21, beginning of 22, I got back in touch with the pack and sure enough found myself trying to pass robiker in the same uphill left hander, to the exact same result, sliding up in to the wall. No extra damage, but I was again 6 seconds back. In the next few laps I caught and passed robiker and was trying to bring home a slightly embarrassing 4th place (of 5), when on the last lap, 28, after exiting turn two I see dust and cars off to the left as Rooster wipes out group44. I came up on the carnage apprehensively. Roo was sliding across the track and g44 was gathering it up but still slow. I had to cut left to avoid roo so that meant I had to pass g44 on the narrower side. By this time g44 was getting back up to speed and now we were in an almost dead heat as robiker, who had a clearer path through the wreckage and didn't have to slow as much, blast by both of us and took the inside line in to the hard right at the end of the tunnel. I tried to outbrake him and go around on the outside, but I went too deep and scrubbed too much speed. Following him up to the hairpin I tried to set him up for a pass on the front straight but I got a little sideways on the exit and gave up some ground, enough for him to hold on to 2nd. I finished 3rd behind a car I though I had put behind me, and in front of two cars that were in the 1-2-3 pack to start the last lap... so it was an exiting finish to say the least!

THESE CARS ARE FREAKING GREAT! Well, at this track anyways. They aren't thee most stable things in the world, but as clacksman said, they're not fast enough to get you in to too much trouble. Film at 11... or so Embarassed
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 am

sorry i missed this! i had a long day and was tired. i'll be there next week and look forward to searching out some cars.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:01 pm

That sure was a blast last night. Had a heck of a four car train with Forgetful trailing in his rather speedy Bellet for a good portion of the laps. Last lap antics aside, what a race flag to flag. Most fun I've had in awhile.
Rooster managed to break out a 2.5 sec lead which took clacksman, robiker and myself quite a few laps to get back due to R722 missing a break point. Lostsa lead changes, jockeying for position, and had fun watching clacksman drive the Alfa sideways. Rooster may have broke up the pack on the last lap, but I was still smiling ear to ear at the checker.
Definitely looking forward to a few more of these buzzing around in a pack.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm

I didn't get race overall time, but my replay gave these:

Live quali
clacksman 1'23.392
Forgetful 1'23.652
group44 1'23.967
Rooster722 1'24.302
robiker 1'24.930

Race
clacksman (win)
robiker +3.867
Forgetful +4.044
group44 +5.004
Rooster722 +15.064

Fastest race lap
clacksman 1'22.912 L11

Pics after my internet stops having a case of the Mondays
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm

this series makes me thinking about moving my race day from Friday to Sunday. scratch

Especially after finding out that it is still very dark at 4:50am at the Ring. Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 pm

vkaifh wrote:this series makes me thinking about moving my race day from Friday to Sunday. scratch

I've thought Sunday would be better for you for a while, at least in terms of actually making it into a practice room instead of being out of town or just chasing split times.

Here's a GTData search of the involved cars if you want to duplicate it for yourself (to search tunes from them or whatever) : http://www.gtdata.net/car_search_results.php?search_id=7384
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 am

That was a lot of fun. I'm glad to get an opportunity to race the 510. Back in the '80's, I had a '71 or '72 510 wagon. That thing went through a lot of use and abuse and just kept going. In the race, I could get through the turns well, but the car doesn't have very good aerodynamics. Even with the draft I couldn't get up enough speed to make a clean pass. I just got lucky to go from last to second on the final lap.
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:29 am

Driving anything but an Alfa would feel like a betrayal to my uncle who is a huge Alfa fan and owns quite a few of them from the 70s (mainly GTVs but also a beautiful Montreal).
I had all 3 of them in my garage with 0 miles so I could pick purely on looks and went with the Giulia from '65 in Bianco Spino.
Car is set up with the tune from GT Data and impresses now the crowd at Laguna Seca less with speed but with total beauty. Very Happy

Not sure if I make it this Sunday as I'm invited to an Italian friend to watch Spain - Italy in the European Soccer Championship. But if I sober up in time I'll join. Sleep
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:39 pm

vkaifh mentions impressing the crowd at laguna, and clacksman is looking forward to seeing everyone at ssr5.

i've got several cars to test ... where should i tell the hauler caravan to go?
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:05 pm

my car went to Laguna Seca to get the 200 miles under the belt for max. performance. Very Happy

Based on clacksman's post I believe SSR5 is the next track. If I don't hear otherwise that's at least where I go tomorrow morning if workload permits. Shocked
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm

SSR5 is up next, just hashing out a few minor details. Cars are unchanged from GVER
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm

vkaifh wrote:my car went to Laguna Seca to get the 200 miles under the belt for max. performance. Very Happy

Ahhh .... of course, the 200mile breakin. didnt even register that. so sorry!

ssr5 it is. looking forward to that track.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down