Log in

I forgot my password

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44


DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48 am

this is a great example of, 'it's all about the racing'. its always great to win, but i do this because of nights like last night. from the start to the finish, what a race between positions 2,3,4 and 5. forgetful made a nice run at the beginning to catch 2,3 and 4. timney had some trouble in the last esse's before the last corner to front straight and i just missed collecting him, which would have piled everyone up. whoever was behind me ... nice job avoiding me, while i avoided him. a couple more laps at the end and timney would have caught us. the spitfire was making some ground. almost had rooster on the last lap, but too many mistakes while pressing cost me time. fantastic racing everyone .... fantastic! cheers

really looking forward to next week so i can sweat some more ... lol

congrats on the win clacks! will be looking for the replay to watch. :-)

_________________

avatar
AgentWD40_FL

Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 46
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  timneyb on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:this is a great example of, 'it's all about the racing'. its always great to win, but i do this because of nights like last night. from the start to the finish, what a race between positions 2,3,4 and 5. forgetful made a nice run at the beginning to catch 2,3 and 4. timney had some trouble in the last esse's before the last corner to front straight and i just missed collecting him, which would have piled everyone up. whoever was behind me ... nice job avoiding me, while i avoided him. a couple more laps at the end and timney would have caught us. the spitfire was making some ground. almost had rooster on the last lap, but too many mistakes while pressing cost me time. fantastic racing everyone .... fantastic! cheers

really looking forward to next week so i can sweat some more ... lol

congrats on the win clacks! will be looking for the replay to watch. :-)

Well, those first 4 laps aside, obviously if you screw up and race by yourself in a low powered car, it's not quite the same experience Mad Decelerating into the last turn complex my car started to rotate left, but I hoped to control the inevitable snap back right, and just lose a little scrubbed speed (as I had a couple times in practice, under similar conditions). That never happened though and I wound up facing the wrong way, having to let the field go by. Dammit.

I was holding time with the 2nd place race though, maybe even gaining. Lost ~5 seconds over 18 laps to clacksman's truck-company car though.

I'm not sure I'll stick with the Spitfire, as I think it's a bit of a turd despite holding reasonable time mid-race, but I might for variety's/laziness's sake.

_________________
GTData.net | Everything you need to know about GT Cars | Parts & Tunes!

timneyb

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-11-28
Location : NJ, USA

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

timneyb wrote:Well, those first 4 laps aside, obviously if you screw up and race by yourself in a low powered car, it's not quite the same experience Mad

thats what usually happens to me, and it seems about every race too. i screw up early and end up driving by myself for 1/2 hour. it just felt good to have a race without a major blunder/damage.

was impressed with your spitfire. i couldnt get it to drive as well as you had. glad to have shared track with you

_________________

avatar
AgentWD40_FL

Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 46
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  Forgetful on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

I had a spell of driving alone, and even recently I've found myself in a hunting position. Lately I've actually been catching up to the cars I've been chasing. That kind of hunting can be almost as thrilling for me as pack racing.

_________________
DriverSports Youtube Channel
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  Forgetful on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm


_________________
DriverSports Youtube Channel
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  Revengel on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Looks like this is what I get for not being here with youse guys! As I didn't have the GT Academy 350Z I was browzin' about for a last series to take on before our expected arrives, but I should have checked here more often.



I know I have a Spitfire in the garage, and a couple others on the list. I'm going to try for next weekend, so watch out youse peeps in last place...I've come to reclaim my throne!



Or something.
avatar
Revengel

Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 48
Location : The Couch

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Forgetful wrote:.... Lately I've actually been catching up to the cars I've been chasing. That kind of hunting can be almost as thrilling for me as pack racing.

that happened to me last night at the end. was probably about 7-8seconds behind the pack of robiker, you and rooster, with a bunch of laps left. i'm sure a few things happened in the group to slow them down, but i hung in there with some good laps. i had cut the gap from 2nd to 5th at the finish line to about 2 seconds. it felt real good to catch back up, even though it didnt show on my finish position. very good times.

gonna watch your video now. thanks for those! Very Happy

_________________

avatar
AgentWD40_FL

Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 46
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  timneyb on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I love gap management/chasing races too. But there's a difference between 5 second gaps and 20 second gaps Smile

Not whinging, just grumbling at a stupid error on my part, where I should have tried harder at slowing up and controlling a mistake, before it turned into a complete mess in the wall. I missed out on all the fun Crying or Very sad

When will be know the schedule for the rest of the races? I thought I heard a birdie say it would be all GT-original courses.

_________________
GTData.net | Everything you need to know about GT Cars | Parts & Tunes!

timneyb

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-11-28
Location : NJ, USA

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  clacksman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:49 pm

timneyb wrote:When will be know the schedule for the rest of the races? I thought I heard a birdie say it would be all GT-original courses.

Starts out that way. Cool Plan is A-ring, Trial Mountain, Cape Ring South, Laguna Seca, Madrid reverse, and Nurb GP/D.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 37
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum