DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East

+3
the_saint8
Wallhugger60
clacksman
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East Empty DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East

Post  clacksman Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm

DriverSports is proud to present our latest challenge, the Cappucino Cup. A six week series using three phases of car specification based on the '95 Suzuki Cappucino. Drivers will run the first two weeks on the default Comfort Medium tires with Tuning Prohibited. The second stint of the series will move to an Improved Specification (fully lightened, with Stealth Modifications to the engine, and fully tuned except aero) on Comfort Soft tires. We will then finish the last two weeks with the Race Modified version (again limited to Stealth Modifications on the engine but with any turbo upgrade) on Sports Medium tires. Races will be roughly 50 mins long. Registration closes at 8:45 and the Drivers Meeting begins at 9:00 and ends at 9:10 pm EST.

Phase 2 concludes here at Grand Valley East. Note two-race event format, a change from earlier weeks.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East Empty Re: DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:52 am

May be on a little later today (wed.) for some practice for this. If not, will have a room up tomorrow (thu.) around 7:30-8 pm.

Wall

*OP says no aero with wing in parenthesis (sp), does that mean no front/rear as well?
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East Empty Re: DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East

Post  the_saint8 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 am

Wallhugger60 wrote:*OP says no aero with wing in parenthesis (sp), does that mean no front/rear as well?

Was wondering the same thing. As not all Aero goodies add PP, could we use non +PP Aero-parts so we can at least look cool even if we are not fast?

the_saint8

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 am

Lol, yea the ground effects stay black and definitely help the ugly little sucker Very Happy

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 am

The nonfunctional front & rear parts are fine, the wing and extension is not. Could indeed be clearer ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Room up tonight (Thu.) at 7:30 pm or so for anyone interested. Smile

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 pm

What sort of lap times did you guys get to?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Juan-de-Juarez Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I'll finally get to race with you guys. I'm weary about the damage but i'll have to keep in mind that its like a real car.

I'm also curious about the lap times. I have not practiced but i did try practing a bit for a sunday race a few weeks ago and the car was a blast on those comforts, squirrelly but fun.

Juan-de-Juarez

Back to top Go down

Post  the_saint8 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

clacksman wrote:What sort of lap times did you guys get to?

Why would you be asking the slow guys?

Low 1:28s but got a few into the 27s and a best of 27.311

the_saint8

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I was able to get low 1"27's pretty consistantly. WD40 hit a high 26 at least once, with a stock tranny taboot Shocked . Left my suspension from last week alone, just not happy with the tranny. Seems like it should pull better in the straight, but maybe not. 102 mph alone and 105-6 with the draft. 3-1 brakes like last week for me also.

Wall

* Who you callin slow lol, I'm medium Very Happy

Also, lookin forward to see how the 2 half races work out. bounce
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm

the_saint8 wrote:
clacksman wrote:What sort of lap times did you guys get to?

Why would you be asking the slow guys?

pirat I was asking whoever ran, as I haven't at all yet. Gotta start somewhere.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:54 pm

the_saint8 wrote:Why would you be asking the slow guys?

DriverSports Cappucino Cup | Friday July 6 | Grand Valley East 1387363171 <----- slow guy waving at you.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Juan-de-Juarez Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Can some one send me a list of "stealth mods" to this car on the PSN. I might not get back on the computer.

I'm a bit confused.

What engine parts can i use?

Juan-de-Juarez

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Stealth mods are engine parts that do not change the hp/tq redlines. Those would be the racing air filter, sports intake and sports exhaust manifold.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:52 pm

I can host if needed Smile

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:I can host if needed Smile

Wall

i can host as well. should be on teamspeak too
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Juan-de-Juarez Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Racing Air Filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Sports Intake

Juan-de-Juarez

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:Racing Air Filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Sports Intake

Those are the stealth modifications (stealth because they don't change the redline).

Practice room has dudes in it, I got one quick race in, just enough to fix my gearbox and run a 26.213 (tune in GTData).
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Chat out, Wall hosting.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Live quali:
1'26.670 Rooster
1'26.850 clacksman
1'27.284 wall
1'27.737 Agent
1'28.030 saint
1'28.308 no_aff
1'29.x Juan (didn't write it down for ? reason)

Race 1 :
1st clacksman
+.183 Rooster
wall
Agent
no_aff
Juan
saint

Race 2 :
1st Rooster
+.003 clacksman
wall
Agent
Juan
saint
no_aff

Race 2 finish I was drafting past Rooster, and saw my name on the list upgrade to 1st with about one grid line to go. Partway into the *fist pump* Roosters avatar and win message came up on screen, and the time list showed me second by .003. I got screwed out of the replay as my XMB locked up postrace, or I'd have grabbed a pic already.

2 race format didn't affect the lead (no serious mistakes up front) other than possibly preventing some lapping.

Good times.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:38 am

TeamSpeak
Wallhugger
No_Affil
AgentWD40

Have had TS loaded for sometime, but never used it till last night. Pretty cool ... hope it starts a trend.

Race 2 was more interesting, as I was in the middle of tight racing at the back. Juan and Saint - excellent give and take around the track with lots of positional changes. 3 wide into turn 1 was fun, but 2 wide at the top of the hill was whiteknuckle. corner at the entrance to tunnel was my nemesis. only got it right a couple times in race 2 ... i was better in the last corner coming down the hill.

2 race format at tracks like Grand Valley and Suzuka are ok by me, because i dont care for 'em much. But there are other tracks, such as Laguna, SSRx, Indy Road, Daytona Road that are more rhythm-like tracks and i dont think i'd like the interruption between races. I did lose focus in the second race last night. way too many blown corners compared to race #1, but it was more fun because of others around me.

just my opinion, cause wall had asked to post something.

good times ... see ya sunday
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks for the input WD, it's helpful. Anyone else who ran last night please feel free to post what you thought too of the 2 race format. Just a quick word if you liked it or not.

The results were close to the same in both races, but they were different running them imo. I actually led for one lap in race 2 lol. Made a small mistake in the last turn though and gave that up. Almost took out clacks, but he got by okay. But I had lost the draft and wasn't ever going to get it back. That extra 3-4 mph is too much in these cars. Ended up placing 3rd both races, and kept hoping for clacks or Roo to make a little mistake (sorry) but they never did Evil or Very Mad . Second race had WD, Saint, and Juan goin at it pretty good. Most of the time it was hard to tell how many blue triangles there were in one spot lol.

Was definitely cool to use TS again. WD only cussed once lol. Good job on the split wins you two. Lookin forward to RM's next week.
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  no_affiliations Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 am

Enjoyed the racing last night. Pretty tough to close any significant gap in these cars for sure, sans mistakes. Could at least watch the battles ahead of me most of the time, really some good driving by theSaint8 & Juan-de-Juarez, door-to-door the entire time. Enjoyed the two-race format, could be a nice option to mix things up on, particularly on short or unforgiving tracks.
no_affiliations
no_affiliations

Back to top Go down

Post  the_saint8 Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 am

Enjoyed good racing last night. The second race was one of my best online races as it was close the whole run. WD and Juan fought hard the whole time. No-aff looked as though he was holding the gap well but it's hard when you lose the draft.

Some radical toe settings helped my car feel more stable through the corners.

the_saint8

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm

the_saint8 wrote:Some radical toe settings helped my car feel more stable through the corners.

we were talking about that on ts .... i was at +28 rear toe, and my rears were still ice cold. it made the nose point in tho ... Smile
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next