I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports and Iracing

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DriverSports and Iracing

Post  Gar529 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 pm

HWKII wrote:You get a discount for purchasing content in bundles of 6 or more (20%).
You also get a 25% discount on all purchases that would give you 100% of the available content. Apparently, this discount will reapply on all future purchases when they add new content. So owning all content gives you a 25% discount on all future releases. Cool

Total cost of all currently available iRacing Content, including Zolder (which is for Pre-order currently):
21 Purchasable Cars * $11.95 = $250.95
31 Purchasable Tracks * $14.95 = $463.45
11 Purchasable Tracks * $11.95 = $131.45
1 Purchasable Track * $5.00 = $5.00

(There's a $5.00 purchasable old version of Daytona)

Purchased separately: $850.85
Purchased in Bundles of exactly 6: $680.68 (10.666 purchases of an average of $63.81 after discount)
Purchased all at once: $638.14

At least that's what my napkin maths tell me...

Obviously, you can't buy all the content in bundles of 6 anymore, so that's an estimate based on the impossible. You'd have to buy 10 bundles of 6 and a bundle of 3, and then $5 Daytona, so total cost would be a bit higher. Or you'd buy 10 bundles of 6 and cut your losses Wink Either way.

And that is why I will exploit their free trial system until they ban me Laughing

http://GregRussellRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Okay, finally did it...my first race lol. Got some questions though.

1. I'll assume the reason I only got up to 2.59 is because of incidents. I got a few off tracks, and got nailed in the ass lap 1, turn 1, so got the contact penalty fer that Mad .

2. Can I use a saved setup in a race with fixed setup? And if so, can it be from a test session?

3. After I got hit, the car was drivable (barely) but I had it towed in whaich I didn't realize was gonna kill me in time. Would I have been better off to just limp it around and then add the pit time too? Not sure which woulda been worse lol.

I guess for my first it wasn't too bad. After the punt, came back out dead last (9th) and was able to finish 4th, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Wall

EDIT: Just saw the leader board and saw the race results. It said I got 53 points with (-2L). Not sure about that either lol

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Excellent job Wall, way to make a positive gain your first time out What a Face For good or bad, fixed setup means you gotta run the baseline setup. That said, don't get in too much practice with your own setup, it'll just make it tougher to adjust come race time. As for using the tow (rookies get a 'fast tow'), that really is a judgment call based on how severe the damage is and where you are on track. Most likely the tow was a good idea.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:1. I'll assume the reason I only got up to 2.59 is because of incidents. I got a few off tracks, and got nailed in the ass lap 1, turn 1, so got the contact penalty fer that Mad .

2. Can I use a saved setup in a race with fixed setup? And if so, can it be from a test session?

3. After I got hit, the car was drivable (barely) but I had it towed in whaich I didn't realize was gonna kill me in time. Would I have been better off to just limp it around and then add the pit time too? Not sure which woulda been worse lol.

I guess for my first it wasn't too bad. After the punt, came back out dead last (9th) and was able to finish 4th, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Wall

EDIT: Just saw the leader board and saw the race results. It said I got 53 points with (-2L). Not sure about that either lol

1: Sounds about right. Any +SR is good.

2: No. 'Fixed' is whatever they hand out.

3: Kinda depends on how good you can limp. If you're only 2 corners away then it might not be too bad.

E: The (-2L) is you doing 2 less than the total laps due to being in the pits a while. Sounds about right for a tow-in.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:50 am

What clacksman said. You went up in SR so you couldn't have done too badly on the whole safety thing. That's a pretty good start and 4th place ain't bad. The bit about 53 points is your 'Championship Points' which go towards your standings in the series. That's based on your finish position and the overall strength of the field of drivers you were competing against. Finishing 1st in a low 'strength of field' may give you less championship points than finishing say, 4th in a field with better drivers. Only reason to worry about that is if you're trying to win a championship series; at the rookie level it's best to just work up the SR and learn how iRacing feels IMO.

In Rookie and D class races too, the first time you enter the pits, all damage, no matter how severe is instantly repaired when you stop. For that reason, it's generally a good idea, while you're sitting on the grid waiting for the lights, to toggle off your tire changes and fuel refill. If you get in an accident and you can get in to the pits, you can get back out with a minimal loss of time. Like clacksman said, if you're in Turn 2 when you wreck, towing may be faster. If you're exiting the last turn, limp in quick and get back out there trooper! Cool

Oh, we never did get a chance to hop on TS and do the iRacing ... uh? trackwalk? Thing? Let me know when you think you'll be online next. I get home most nights around 6:30pm Pacific. Sundays I try and be online all day!

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks guys Smile . Yea the punt occured in part 1 of turn 1. Three wide was bad and then cold tires and late brakes for the guy behind me. Got knocked off midway thru so that's why I figured tow was best. Holdin my wheel straight, my little wheel pic bottom right was 90 degrees left. Double impact will do that I guess.

Still have some questions so hookin up on TS would be good. I screwed up last night before a race. Hopped in a practice room with Andy, then left when the P-session ended and didn't realize I needed to re join to race. Figured it out 5 seconds late when the race tab went red. Oh well. I'll get it lol.

Thanks again for the pointers, Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:Still have some questions so hookin up on TS would be good.

Think I've got my mic issue sorted, be on again tonight if I can be of any help.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Won't be on for TS tonight, so here's another one for here. Is there any way to get those stupid orange warnings out of the field of vision?

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Uhhh, don't do something to get a warning? crazy lol! Good question, but I don't think so. I'd also like to turn off the texting sometimes. Crashers and their stories from the pits don't interest me much.

Edit: BTW, I'm thinking of changing my name to Mr. 1x...
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 am

group44 wrote:Uhhh, don't do something to get a warning? lol! Good question, but I don't think so. I'd also like to turn off the texting sometimes. Crashers and their stories from the pits don't interest me much.

Edit: BTW, I'm thinking of changing my name to Mr. 1x...

Lol, funny guy! No, I'm talkin about the "Car on left, go right" kinda stuff. It's dead in my field of vision and I t-boned a car at 115 mph yesterday that I would have seen otherwise. Or "10 laps to go" and "You're in second" right before the first turn at Limerock makes that corner entry very exciting Shocked .

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 am

My orange text is all low enough it's only in front of the dash so I left it.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:46 am

I raised my seat height so maybe that's why. Guess I should lower it some Rolling Eyes

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:59 am

I don't see those messages so they are in the options somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 am

I was wonderin that...thanks

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Unless I totally missed something - I don't believe that you can actually raise or lower the seat. You can look up or down - adjust the tilt of your head - but that's it.

The reason for the orange text is that it's your "Spotter". Just go in to the sound options and make him Sound only. I also recommend putting his "chatter" on High.

How I have it set up is that my spotter and TS go through my headset which is plugged in to my laptop, and all the rest of the iRacing sounds come out of my surround sound. You can do this by configuring the Audio Devices on the spotter and general audio portions of the menu separately.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:I was wonderin that...thanks

Wall

Options > Sound > Spotter > Display > Voice only

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm

HWKII wrote:Unless I totally missed something - I don't believe that you can actually raise or lower the seat. You can look up or down - adjust the tilt of your head - but that's it.

The reason for the orange text is that it's your "Spotter". Just go in to the sound options and make him Sound only. I also recommend putting his "chatter" on High.

How I have it set up is that my spotter and TS go through my headset which is plugged in to my laptop, and all the rest of the iRacing sounds come out of my surround sound. You can do this by configuring the Audio Devices on the spotter and general audio portions of the menu separately.

Raise the seat may be the wrong term. Shift+] makes the dash lower or higher, so I assumed raise/lower. Thanks on the text audio stuff. Once I got the height angle thingy back where the entire dash was visible, it becomes a non issue. But I'll still prolly get rid of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:08 pm

I finally got Trading paints working, and I even had a go at editing a livery, but I that level of editing is a little beyond me atm.

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:02 pm

after spending a few hours on iRacing over the last few days I'm starting to get familiar how things work. I think I figured out how to change the most important settings; learned how to use 'Splits/Deltas' and know how to find events I might want to join.
First after downloading iRacing I was totally overwhelmed and frustrated, but once I found the User and Beginner Guides and read them it got a lot better. The tutorial videos are also a great help. Very Happy

So far so good, however my learning curve on driving is not so steep. Sad

I spent maybe 2 hours in the MX-5 on the short course of Okayama, but I'm still a safety thread to everyone and everything around me. So for now I stick to test driving and ghost sessions. I like the ghost session actually a lot; it lets me drive with other cars w/o pissing anyone off or ruining my statistics clown

Once I get a bit more consistent I plan to start with time trials as my first official appearance in iRacing. Right now by best lap is a 1'03.0 and I would like to shave off another second from that before entering a race. But who knows maybe I give it a try earlier; otherwise I might never get to race. Shocked

For now tuning won't be an issue as a Rookie but beyond that I will most definitely beg for help.
Any chance we can add a tuning section here or on GT Data for iRacing? Sharing tunes seems to be fairly easy as you can simply pass the files around.
I know the iRacing forum has something for tunes too; I haven't checked it out yet but my fear is I might find crazy tunes from lunatics. I'd prefer to rely on my tuners from here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Yea, it certainly takes some getting used to lol. Hey, if yer doing 1:03's you might wanna jump right into some time trials. You can go a bit slower if need till you're not white nuckling it lol (I had to a lot at first), but all you need is 8 clean laps in a row in a 30 minute session. It's not that hard. If I can do it I'm sure you can. I believe it gives you 8 safety rating points per TT unless I'm doing something wrong and you can actually get more some how. Your times tell me you must be having minimal "off tracks" and so on, cuz that's not a bad time. I've broken into the '02's maybe twice, and most rookies I've raced with are high 03's to high 04's. Now if I could just get thru a race without getting nailed in the rear in either turn one or the sharp left after the short straight, I would be happy Smile .

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm about to download it to my PC changeling too. Is there any deal going on now for extra goodies?

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 pm

I used the 12 months for $49 deal. No extra goodies but $50 of saving is not so bad. And it's eligible for the referral bonus. I hope it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:29 pm

http://www.iracing.com/3-for-1/

http://www.iracing.com/promotions/inracingnews-promo/

https://cadillaccupracing.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:33 pm

vkaifh wrote:I used the 12 months for $49 deal. No extra goodies but $50 of saving is not so bad. And it's eligible for the referral bonus. I hope it worked.

I just used the Cadliac deal, since it seems to still be valid. Martin wins the bonus award after it seems Steve didn't sign up using the email address in my inbox Smile

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Gonna assume you signed up with your full first name. Friends request sent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next