I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports and Iracing

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DriverSports and Iracing

Post  HWKII on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Forgetful wrote:If you only knew the depth of the data they store... You can view the results of every official session you do, and in those results you can review your individual lap times, complete with notes of any infractions. They use a lot of averaging and scoring systems to determine iRating, TTrating and championship points for each series. There's a Strength of Field to determine just how valuable your position is in relation to the other divisions. It's all very nerdy. They use acronyms for every series car or track with more than one word in the name.

study This is the part of iRacing that's really impressed me and why I've embraced it. Have you installed the McLaren ATLAS program to analyze your telemetry data yet?

If anyone doesn't know what ATLAS is: http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/Product/ATLAS real-world racing telemetry analysis software, for which iRacing has a plugin. What a Face What a Face

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Goes_To_11 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

HWKII wrote:
Forgetful wrote:If you only knew the depth of the data they store... You can view the results of every official session you do, and in those results you can review your individual lap times, complete with notes of any infractions. They use a lot of averaging and scoring systems to determine iRating, TTrating and championship points for each series. There's a Strength of Field to determine just how valuable your position is in relation to the other divisions. It's all very nerdy. They use acronyms for every series car or track with more than one word in the name.

study This is the part of iRacing that's really impressed me and why I've embraced it. Have you installed the McLaren ATLAS program to analyze your telemetry data yet?

If anyone doesn't know what ATLAS is: real-world racing telemetry analysis software, for which iRacing has a plugin. What a Face What a Face

I've installed it but haven't looked at it yet. I did use something similar in LFS. Great for improving your driving and should be good for setups as well. GTs data logger is so limited in comparison.

Goes_To_11

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Goes_To_11 wrote:
HWKII wrote:

If anyone doesn't know what ATLAS is: real-world racing telemetry analysis software, for which iRacing has a plugin. What a Face What a Face

I've installed it but haven't looked at it yet. I did use something similar in LFS. Great for improving your driving and should be good for setups as well. GTs data logger is so limited in comparison.

I haven't tried Atlas, but I use iSpeed, it's free and can be searched on the forum for download links; it's also amazing.

Yes Forgetful, the stats are orgasmic. I knew if you gave it a shot you'd fall in love with the stats alone.

PS: I'm watching you crush this guy at Okayama right now, I'm riding in your gearbox watching him get smaller. You're extra smooth!

PPS: Great race Forgetful, looks like things tightened up towards the end and you didn't have time to reel that guy back in.

Last edited by SpecMiata-JSW on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Great racing is great.)
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 pm

A lot of the Tuna guys are joining and playing in iRacing too, so to see this participation between all of my GT5 friends is amazing!! When people asked if I liked iRacing I kept saying that it was great, the only thing I missed were the massive amounts of cars (that I don't have time to drive anyway) and the friends/camaraderie that comes with GT5.

We've got enough folks to hold some private GT5 style rooms. For a $1 or two, I'll host.
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:
Goes_To_11 wrote:
HWKII wrote:

I haven't tried Atlas, but I use iSpeed, it's free and can be searched on the forum for download links; it's also amazing.

Yes Forgetful, the stats are orgasmic. I knew if you gave it a shot you'd fall in love with the stats alone.

PS: I'm watching you crush this guy at Okayama right now, I'm riding in your gearbox watching him get smaller. You're extra smooth!

PPS: Great race Forgetful, looks like things tightened up towards the end and you didn't have time to reel that guy back in.

lol that's funny. I drove well but I got fatigued and fell off the pace. The race before I won over the same guy. Will probably friend him.

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Got my Okayama time down to 1'03.0XX in Qualifying, (I started on pole earlier today with a 1'04.1... ) pushing beyond that resulted in some spins. ~1.2 seconds behind the blisteringly quick guys is A-OK with me... Thumbs Up!

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

I've had good luck the Dell Refurbed stuff I've bought. I got a Inspiron 620 last winter and put a video card in for 60 busks and it's done very well for streaming. I haven't tried playing the game with it yet, but I was watching some racing with it and it looked good there. There are a bunch of 620's on their refurbed page that look to be pretty loaded for between $450-$550. Not that much of a computer guy to know if it has all it needs, but just thought I'd throw it out there. They're also runnin Windows 7.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  the_saint8 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 am

Just wondering if I can expect many more GT5 events at DSO? Not ready to invest in another racing platform yet.

the_saint8

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 am

the_saint8 wrote:Just wondering if I can expect many more GT5 events at DSO?

I have to admit that I have similar concerns. During summer I don't get to play anyway but I plan a comeback in fall.
Even though I think about getting into iRacing I hope I come to my senses and don't buy a new computer for just that. When it's time to get a new one anyway I'll keep gaming in mind. But until then I plan to play GT5 as much as possible.

Hopefully here at DriverSports. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 am

GT5 stuff on Friday and Sunday at least. Two series on those nights wrapped up last weekend so now we're arguing over what's next. Looks like a couple simple tuning-prohibited events in premium cars until we can figure out the next multi-car series or the online dealer coughs up a good race car.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:06 am

vkaifh wrote:I plan to play GT5 as much as possible.

Hopefully here at DriverSports. Very Happy

Seconded Wink

Last edited by group44 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:12 pm

vkaifh wrote:Even though I think about getting into iRacing I hope I come to my senses and don't buy a new computer for just that.

That just about sums it for me perfectly. I bought a PS3 for gaming so I would stop sinking so much money into updating PC's for gaming. All my towers are sold, and I have only 2 laptops remaining .... both non-Windows for everyday normal use. I'll be hanging around GT5 or NFS and will join any DSO races that come up. Have fun iRacing guys

AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Lol, being an old married guy I am limited as to how much I can no matter where it is. My normal race night is Friday, and I'm just to busy most other nights, and don't do weekend nights if I like my life as it is (which I do lol). The only way I could do any real iracing is if we were to alternate Fridays, or do some afternoon races on Sunday or like that. My laptop will run the game, but I'm really concerned about heat. And I'll prolly give the desktop I was talkin about a try, but if it's not up to snuff...oh well. I really can't do both anyway. I can barely practice enough for one platform. I did like being able to run at Limerock, and I'm gonna see how Laguna is. I wish I had more time but I don't. I really don't see a lack of GT5 events being an issue.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

I'd like to do some of both, and I'm looking into getting setup to try iRacing maybe as early as the weekend. I still think GT5 is great, and don't ever plan to ditch it completely. There are alot of things GT does well. I think the GT5 racing we do here at DSO is great, the best GT racing going on, IMO .But the thing for me lately is it seems like there aren't enough people who appreciate the style of racing we do here, see turnouts, recent. I'm sure summer is part of the issue, but I see plenty of peeps on my friends list playing GT during our events that could be racing with us and for whatever reason choose not to. So time apparently isn't always the issue. I can only speak for myself but I'd be willing to bet that it gets a little discouraging for the staff here to organize races for turnouts of 3 or 4. If not for this, I wouldn't even be looking into other forms of sim racing, to be honest.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

I don't plan on ditching GT5 either, but iRacing definitely has it's hooks in me deep.

GT5 most certainly doesn't need to be a clone of iRacing, but it could stand to learn a few lessons from it. If GT6 can incorporate some of what they're doing, it will be a huge step forward for GT. iRacing is definitely too much for some people, but if you're here at DriverSports.org you're probably they kind of person that would like it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Rooster722 wrote:I'd like to do some of both, and I'm looking into getting setup to try iRacing maybe as early as the weekend. I still think GT5 is great, and don't ever plan to ditch it completely. There are alot of things GT does well. I think the GT5 racing we do here at DSO is great, the best GT racing going on, IMO .But the thing for me lately is it seems like there aren't enough people who appreciate the style of racing we do here, see turnouts, recent. I'm sure summer is part of the issue, but I see plenty of peeps on my friends list playing GT during our events that could be racing with us and for whatever reason choose not to. So time apparently isn't always the issue. I can only speak for myself but I'd be willing to bet that it gets a little discouraging for the staff here to organize races for turnouts of 3 or 4. If not for this, I wouldn't even be looking into other forms of sim racing, to be honest.

Remember to get someone's email address for the referral

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Forgetful wrote:I don't plan on ditching GT5 either, but iRacing definitely has it's hooks in me deep.

GT5 most certainly doesn't need to be a clone of iRacing, but it could stand to learn a few lessons from it. If GT6 can incorporate some of what they're doing, it will be a huge step forward for GT. iRacing is definitely too much for some people, but if you're here at DriverSports.org you're probably they kind of person that would like it.

Pretty much this. Especially the part about the hooks.

Forgetful wrote:

I put your gmail address in when I signed up, but I don't think that's the address you use with iRacing, so that was a big fail.
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Lol I used swarcup@live.ca, but thanks anyway. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Been watching the participation. Peak hours there's just shy of 4000 iRacers online. Off hours it only ever drops to about 1500. Strong North American participation that is obviously East Coast driven, but enough global participation to run all night by the looks of it. At least 2 splits for every race last night, with around 15-20 cars/split. These currently go every 30 mins, so no more than 4 splits, but I've seen 8 on a normal week night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Forgetful wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:I'd like to do some of both, and I'm looking into getting setup to try iRacing maybe as early as the weekend. I still think GT5 is great, and don't ever plan to ditch it completely. There are alot of things GT does well. I think the GT5 racing we do here at DSO is great, the best GT racing going on, IMO .But the thing for me lately is it seems like there aren't enough people who appreciate the style of racing we do here, see turnouts, recent. I'm sure summer is part of the issue, but I see plenty of peeps on my friends list playing GT during our events that could be racing with us and for whatever reason choose not to. So time apparently isn't always the issue. I can only speak for myself but I'd be willing to bet that it gets a little discouraging for the staff here to organize races for turnouts of 3 or 4. If not for this, I wouldn't even be looking into other forms of sim racing, to be honest.

Done, used your swarcup email.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Rooster722 wrote:

Friend me up, I'm Jeff Stuart2 on there.

*shakes fist at the other Jeff Stuart*
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

RackAttack wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:

Friend me up, I'm Jeff Stuart2 on there.

*shakes fist at the other Jeff Stuart*

I sure will, as soon as I figure out how to turn it on, lol. I'm Thomas Miller4, suprisingly not 4,000. I used Thomas instead of Tom, thinking that might be the lesser of two evils when it comes to commonality (is that a word?). But I guess with a name like Tom Miller, that battle is unwinable. Very Happy
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Rooster722 wrote:

I sure will, as soon as I figure out how to turn it on, lol. I'm Thomas Miller4, suprisingly not 4,000. I used Thomas instead of Tom, thinking that might be the lesser of two evils when it comes to commonality (is that a word?). But I guess with a name like Tom Miller, that battle is unwinable. Very Happy

Heh, yeah, it takes a couple of nights poking around to really get your bearings.

Hey, I think I know a couple other guys named Tom Miller Razz
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm

The one and only: William Katz! cheers

The iRacing web interface leaves muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch to be desired. I never thought I'd say that I think GT5 has a better user interface than anything but I think it might be close...

To add a friend, you go to myProfile and add them. Then they will show up in the lower right corner in the glowing green box.

If anyone was so inspired by my lack of pace that they figured "Well, at least I'll beat someone..." and signed up, my email is harold.w.katz@gmail.com Laughing

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 pm

RackAttack wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:

Heh, yeah, it takes a couple of nights poking around to really get your bearings.

Hey, I think I know a couple other guys named Tom Miller Razz

Lol, I think everyone knows at least 3 of them.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum