I forgot my password

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Season 3 - Starts 30/07/12

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 3 - Starts 30/07/12

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:32 pm

HWKII wrote:
clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Short Track Oval Racing is basically the best, most funny thing ever. If you guys haven't tried it, I strongly encourage you to.

Fine, you talked me into it. Well, that and my Caddy race at Laguna being ... not good.

Ooooh man, you're going to have fun. Or want to choke a baby. Either way...

For what it's worth, don't try and qualify and around USA International, if you're starting from near the back of the grid, take the formation laps to warm up the tires a bit. And just get out of people's way. The race will come to you... Going to run the 2pm race as well, hope to see you there!

I suggest TS for the sharing of hilarity, because concentrating too hard on these races is bad for you. drunken

Since when is choking babies not fun?

Many good advices even though I didn't see them in time. Didn't race with you or biker, just a random-y field. I had already decided to not Q because why bother - it gridded me back row which was grand. Ran okay for a while, some guy squeezed me exiting 4 which pivoted him nose into the wall, resulting in me watching him do a SPECTACULAR FLIPPING CRASH for about five seconds. About 1 minute of repairs for me (she was bent), passed some other carnage, finished 4 laps down. 2 incidents, SR +.a bit, good fun all around. Oh, and my best lap was less than .1 off race fast lap which is nice too.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Tried to race with you, but even without qualifying I got put in the first split.
Must have been my cleanest oval race yet. Only incident was when the lead pair came around to lap me and I brushed the outside wall while watching them. Started 18th and finished 9th.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 pm

robiker wrote:Tried to race with you, but even without qualifying I got put in the first split.
Must have been my cleanest oval race yet. Only incident was when the lead pair came around to lap me and I brushed the outside wall while watching them. Started 18th and finished 9th.

I have an oval irating of hyphens and 0 previous races (just a TT), no doubt I got a loser split of some sort. Looking at the result, clicking 'split' has an asterisk beside the second. I assume I was in split 2 based on that?

Also doing the next one at the top of the hour while food simmers, why the eff not?

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:49 pm

clacksman wrote:Also doing the next one at the top of the hour while food simmers, why the eff not?

This is very appealing to me with iRacing at the moment. There are so many races that you basically can jump on when ever you feel like it. As much I love our events here there are only a few each week with (obviously) a strict time line. Sometimes I can't attend because it starts an hour too early or too late; with iRacing it sounds like I just check what's out there and hop on.

Pretty much made up my mind about hardware and already prepared my wife for a little purchase in the near future. Wink

Should be all set up when the school year starts. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Nice vk. iRacing has regulated times too - most low-level races start once an hour at either :30 or :00, the odd one is every 2 hours. It's very well-organized. Lap counts and format and car(s) are all obvious.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

clacksman wrote:Looking at the result, clicking 'split' has an asterisk beside the second. I assume I was in split 2 based on that?

Also doing the next one at the top of the hour while food simmers, why the eff not?

Yes and exactly Very Happy

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:33 pm

10th to second, incident-free. First incident-free race, period. Neat. Bunch of guys in that race were the conservative type, still had to dodge some carnage. Good times.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm

clacksman wrote:10th to second, incident-free. First incident-free race, period. Neat. Bunch of guys in that race were the conservative type, still had to dodge some carnage. Good times.

Goooood, goooooood.... Let the Oval racing flow through you!

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Glad your finally getting some hardware VK!

I've never done an oval race, does that make me a road course snob, lazy, or an old guy who doesn't like to try new things? Or...possibly all of the above? Laughing
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 pm

You haven't missed much.
The short tracks are kinda fun for about five minutes.
After that, they make me sleepy. Laughing
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:I've never done an oval race, does that make me a road course snob, lazy, or an old guy who doesn't like to try new things? Or...possibly all of the above? Laughing

All of the above.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:56 pm

clacksman wrote:
robiker wrote:Tried to race with you, but even without qualifying I got put in the first split.

I have an oval irating of hyphens and 0 previous races (just a TT), no doubt I got a loser split of some sort. Looking at the result, clicking 'split' has an asterisk beside the second. I assume I was in split 2 based on that?

As a rookie you don't have an iRating... or at least you don't get to see it, and yes, the split with the asterisk is the one you were in. Click on any of them to see their results sheets. Neat that is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Also splits are iRating sorted, which is why I assume rookies have iRatings, but don't see them. Grids are q sorted, then iRating sorted.

Not sure if you've all read the sporting code, but SR is incidents/corner with multipliers. Official races have a 1 x multiplier, warmup, q and TTs have either .5 or .35 multipliers, so get out in warmup and stay the f away from everyone to sneak .01 or 2 in there.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Forgetful wrote:Not sure if you've all read the sporting code, but SR is incidents/corner with multipliers. Official races have a 1 x multiplier, warmup, q and TTs have either .5 or .35 multipliers, so get out in warmup and stay the f away from everyone to sneak .01 or 2 in there.

I've read through all that but probably didn't retain all of it.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm

lol, they capped the Street Stock series at D license. I can't race there anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Forgetful wrote:lol, they capped the Street Stock series at D license. I can't race there anymore.

lol

My SR just took a minor hit at Jefferson ... holy lap 1 stackup batman Surprised

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:49 pm

That looked like so much fun on TV that I'm in for the Grand Am race at the top of the hour. 50 mins in a Mustang with Riley's flying around the Glen Cup course... wish me luck Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm

As good a reason as any to race somewhere. G'luck

In for the street stockers at top of hour.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Forgetful wrote:That looked like so much fun on TV that I'm in for the Grand Am race at the top of the hour. 50 mins in a Mustang with Riley's flying around the Glen Cup course... wish me luck Embarassed

Give us a post race update. I did a practice and those Rileys flew by so fast they scared the crap out of me. Shocked
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, I q'd first, so I knew what to expect from the Rileys. Ended up starting 3rd among the Stangs but got passed a by a couple fast non-q'ers. Running 5th on lap 7, with the protos lapping us for the 2nd time, I got rear-ended by a Mustang coming in to the interloop and hit the fence so hard my car stuck like a dart. When I towed back to the pits I got the 'too much damage, we're done' message.

Didn't complete half distance, so won't score any championship points or earn any participation bonus. Guy who hit me carried on with a dented hood. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 pm

You're doin' good, Rooster and Clacks.
You need to do some Grand Touring Cup races at Laguna Seca to move up to C class.

Last edited by robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm

That sucks man. It's quite ironic that it was a Stang that took you out.

How did you like the Stang at Road America? It's a great car for that track!
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Road America was fun and I'll probably get one or two more in there.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm

robiker wrote:You're doin' good, Rooster and Clacks.
You need to do some Grand Touring Cup races at Laguna Seca to move up to C class.

heh I saw that post before you edited to include me. Razz I can't do that event, I didn't download anything optional (ie: cars like the Jetta) so I can't get in there. I'd like to, Solstice/MX5 at Laguna wouldn't be nearly as deadly as the Caddy.

USA Int'l is pretty fun for a break from road racing. I'll be doing more of the Solstice/MX5 at Jefferson tomorrow. Then, the tracks apparently change so hopefully I can at least get in a D event or remember to download some stuff at some point.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm

clacksman wrote: I can't do that event, I didn't download anything optional (ie: cars like the Jetta) so I can't get in there.

Only takes a minute to update the Jetta.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum