I forgot my password

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Season 3 - Starts 30/07/12

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 3 - Starts 30/07/12

Post  clacksman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 pm

robiker wrote:
clacksman wrote: I can't do that event, I didn't download anything optional (ie: cars like the Jetta) so I can't get in there.

Only takes a minute to update the Jetta.

With fast internet maybe.

HWK, I stalked your profile. The Dean Canto you lost a Mazda race to at Aida Okayama is an Aussie V8 Supercar driver. Cool

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Good race, Rack.
Do you know Jett Chandler?
I think he's the son of former superbike champ Doug Chandler.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 pm

clacksman wrote:
robiker wrote:
clacksman wrote: I can't do that event, I didn't download anything optional (ie: cars like the Jetta) so I can't get in there.

Only takes a minute to update the Jetta.

With fast internet maybe.

HWK, I stalked your profile. The Dean Canto you lost a Mazda race to at Aida Okayama is an Aussie V8 Supercar driver. Cool

Wat!? Cool

Edit: Oh yeah, I remember that race. I was running in 2nd, juggled it a bit on the last lap and got driven through by the guy in 3rd. Spun, no chance to recover. Barely got it across the line in 5th. I raced that guy a bit at the start of the race though. What a Face

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm

robiker wrote:Good race, Rack.
Do you know Jett Chandler?
I think he's the son of former superbike champ Doug Chandler.

He is indead Doug Chandler's son. He's also Jett_Racer, a fellow GT Academy Finalist this year Very Happy
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am

Ah, cool!
I read that name on the list of guys going to Silverstone, but it didn't click in my head before.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am

I'll be doing the 17:30GMT inracingnewsMC race. Fun Solstice is fun.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

robiker wrote:You're doin' good, Rooster and Clacks.
You need to do some Grand Touring Cup races at Laguna Seca to move up to C class.

Thanks Biker, looks like you're well on your way to the top. I'm fairly pleased with my performance so far, just ran at Okayama with some A and B drivers mixed in the field, started 1st and ran 3rd. Got a nice + bump in IR and SR.

Hey Clackstin, where did you end up setting your G25 on FF, DMP, and BFC ? I feel like I'm off just a little bit under braking compared to the fastest drivers I've encountered (got arse kicked by).
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Rooster722 wrote:Hey Clackstin, where did you end up setting your G25 on FF, DMP, and BFC ? I feel like I'm off just a little bit under braking compared to the fasted drivers I've encountered (got arse kicked by).

My in-game ff varies by car - Mazda almost 40, Solstice about 33, street stock 20 all feel similarly strong. Brake force curve is 1.8 but I haven't played with it yet. They feel pretty weak but that's okay as they'll really point the car if you trail brake at all. At Okayama I only brake hard enough for ABS briefly into turn 1, the rest of the track I brake just lightly enough to avoid ABS coming on. In the Solstice the ABS is much more gentle so I get fully into it in any hard braking zone.

In the logitech profiler options --> global device settings: effects 106% spring 0% damper 100% centering spring unchecked, report combined pedals unchecked, degrees of rotation 900, allow game to adjust settings checked.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:Watched c-man for a few laps earlier go from 9th to 7th. Nice drivin. Textbook clacksman Smile . Not sure if that was a warmup or actual race. Was gonna swith over to Roo, but he was already gone.

Wall

Yeah Wall, only got to race once yesterday, RL intervened. I hate when that happens. You sent me a notification last week; dumb question, how the heck do you do that ?
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:28 pm

clacksman wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:Hey Clackstin, where did you end up setting your G25 on FF, DMP, and BFC ? I feel like I'm off just a little bit under braking compared to the fasted drivers I've encountered (got arse kicked by).

My in-game ff varies by car - Mazda almost 40, Solstice about 33, street stock 20 all feel similarly strong. Brake force curve is 1.8 but I haven't played with it yet. They feel pretty weak but that's okay as they'll really point the car if you trail brake at all. At Okayama I only brake hard enough for ABS briefly into turn 1, the rest of the track I brake just lightly enough to avoid ABS coming on. In the Solstice the ABS is much more gentle so I get fully into it in any hard braking zone.

In the logitech profiler options --> global device settings: effects 106% spring 0% damper 100% centering spring unchecked, report combined pedals unchecked, degrees of rotation 900, allow game to adjust settings checked.

Thanks, I don't seem to have ABS on the Mazda, wheels are locking instantly. I'm set at 1.8 BFC as well. Could I somehow have ABS off ?
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Rooster722 wrote:Thanks, I don't seem to have ABS on the Mazda, wheels are locking instantly. I'm set at 1.8 BFC as well. Could I somehow have ABS off ?

When you say locking, is your wheel shaking like mad? That's ABS. To feel a car with non-ABS brake lockup, try the Caddy.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 pm

clacksman wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:Thanks, I don't seem to have ABS on the Mazda, wheels are locking instantly. I'm set at 1.8 BFC as well. Could I somehow have ABS off ?

When you say locking, is your wheel shaking like mad? That's ABS. To feel a car with non-ABS brake lockup, try the Caddy.

I mean tire -melting, screeching, sliding thru the braking zone if I don't release the pedal instantly. That kind of lock up.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Rooster722 wrote:
clacksman wrote:

I mean tire -melting, screeching, sliding thru the braking zone if I don't release the pedal instantly. That kind of lock up.

Well that's no ABS for sure. You've been using the Cup version, and I've been using the Roadster version, so there's the difference.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:53 pm

clacksman wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:
clacksman wrote:

Well that's no ABS for sure. You've been using the Cup version, and I've been using the Roadster version, so there's the difference.

Well, hell.....
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

clacksman wrote:I'll be doing the 17:30GMT inracingnewsMC race. Fun Solstice is fun.

I'll be in that as one as well (10:30 on the West Coast). Will be my warmup for the 12:00 Grand Am race.

I ran another GA race last night and it went much better than the first. I broke away to hold on to second until the leader pitted on lap 5 and retired, leaving me to build on my gap to the rest as I watched for Protos in my mirror. 41 mins of incident free driving were interrupted by my spotter telling me I had 5 laps of fuel left... not enough. I started soft pedaling it, not knowing what the pit delta was, but with 3mins to go I was showing 1.0 laps of fuel. I had a 38 second lead, I should've been goood to go... I dove in for a splash but I didn't realize I had not unchecked the tires. In my frustration pulling out I spun the tires and hit the pit wall, giving me bent steering. In my frustration over that I forgot the pit lane speed limit. They want a 17 second stop and go. I exited the pits in 2nd place by 2.5, and the guy wasn't very fast. I ignored the black flag the first time around, but the second time my spotter warned me I'd be dq'd, so I pitted to end the last lap. I crossed the line before my stall and didn't have to serve my penalty, so that's good to know. Twisted Evil

A good race, shame I spoiled my chances. Lessons learned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 pm

That was fun. Snagged a spot at the end there thanks to an off by the 4th place car in the tight right hander. Finished 4th behind Martin in 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Forgetful wrote:
clacksman wrote:I'll be doing the 17:30GMT inracingnewsMC race. Fun Solstice is fun.

I'll be in that as one as well (10:30 on the West Coast). Will be my warmup for the 12:00 Grand Am race.

Good stuff. Very Happy

8L of fuel being enough to do 20 laps in it, not sure what that gave me for lap times under a full tank, but half fuel gave me .6 from full fuel (I Q'd on half fuel after practicing on full fuel). Press F4 for fuel when on track. Space bar to uncheck 'add fuel' just in case you pit. It shows an estimate for laps possible, which was accurate enough for my race. Also press F5 and uncheck tires (uncheck with space bar, down arrow for next tire) during grid in case you have to pit for damage. 'Garage' in the race screen before you go on track is where you take fuel out.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:38 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:

Good stuff. Very Happy

8L of fuel being enough to do 20 laps in it, not sure what that gave me for lap times under a full tank, but half fuel gave me .6 from full fuel (I Q'd on half fuel after practicing on full fuel). Press F4 for fuel when on track. Space bar to uncheck 'add fuel' just in case you pit. It shows an estimate for laps possible, which was accurate enough for my race. Also press F5 and uncheck tires (uncheck with space bar, down arrow for next tire) during grid in case you have to pit for damage. 'Garage' in the race screen before you go on track is where you take fuel out.

I got all that stuff figured, and even have it all mapped to my wheel, but in that GA race I thought I had unchecked everything, but hadn't... gotta earn this name every once in a while. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 pm

I raised the brake setting up to 2.0 and it helped me keep from locking them up.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:40 pm

robiker wrote:I raised the brake setting up to 2.0 and it helped me keep from locking them up.

Turns out both Mazdas have ABS, Rooster was just lifting at first tire squeal like it's GT5. Razz

I liked the gearing of the Cup better than the roadster, needing 5th on the straight is a small price to pay for not needing 2nd anywhere.

edit: +.58 SR, nice bump for incident free.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Here are the controller settings I've been using for the past few weeks:

Logitech Device Settings
Overall effects - 100%
Spring effect - 0%
Damper effect - 0%
Enable centering spring - unchecked
Degrees of rotation - 900

iRacing app file (My Documents > iRacing > app Configuration Settings)
under [Misc]
steeringFFBBaseOffset=0.100000

In Game
FFB - 14
Damping - 0
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Off to Elkhart for the Mustang race at :15

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:22 pm

clacksman wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:
clacksman wrote:

Hmm, I've run both and I am pretty sure that both have ABS... study

Tire squeal is exaggerated in iRacing to make up for the fact that you can't really 'feel' the tires slip the way you would in a real car. Might be why it seems like it's angry with you under braking?

Edit: I see that I've been tree'd... Laughing

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Oh, fun fact I discovered last night: If you take a left at Turn 2 at Okayama, the whole circuit is out there and you don't even get an 'Off Track' for going out there. Cool Amusing tidbit I discovered while helping a friend improve his lap times. Full course is a bit boring in a Mazda, but I am sure in something with a bit more speed it'd be good.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:37 pm

HWKII wrote:Oh, fun fact I discovered last night: If you take a left at Turn 2 at Okayama, the whole circuit is out there and you don't even get an 'Off Track' for going out there. Cool Amusing tidbit I discovered while helping a friend improve his lap times. Full course is a bit boring in a Mazda, but I am sure in something with a bit more speed it'd be good.

I wandered out that way during post-race shutdown once, thought it was neat there's no fake tire wall blocking it.

Just had my first wanker moment. Got brake checked middle of the straightaway, cost me a 4x. Evil or Very Mad

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum