I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

2012 Season 4 - Starts 10/30

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012 Season 4 - Starts 10/30

Post  Forgetful on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 pm

group44 wrote:Sweet, already had SimXperience on the Stang. Guess I'll be running the Challange schedule.

Also, just wanted to throw out something I learned this morning. With the inclusion of a check box/settings for Linear FFB in the in game options, my previous settings got wiped out. Found some help on the IR forum that basically said the new Min Force % slider is the same as the old FFB Offset number in the app file. Just multiply the old value by 10. I still had to tweak to taste from there, but it was a start.

What I do is apply one of the sponsors to all of my cars, just in case I decide to run something out of the blue, for half the season, or until I'm sure I've done 10 races with it, then I'll switch over to the other sponsor. Meanwhile I've uploaded the Castrol livery on my regular cars, so most of the time I'll never see the sponsors anyways. Very Happy

www.tradingpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Forgetful wrote:I'm sorry for that hideous display of driving. Sad

No worries, taint nothin I haven't done, repeatedly. Just took a spin in the Stang at Laguna and all I can say is HELP! Thought I knew that track, but it would seem not so much anymore.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Note to self: Don't leave qualifying fuel load in the car for a full race, you won't make it Embarassed
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 am

So I missed week one totally and week 2 doesn't look any better as Internet is still out and I'm heading for a high school reunion over the weekend.

EDIT: how fast things change; got my internet back, updated iRacing and jumped into a race cold turkey. Finished 5th, secured 75 championship points - I can't complain. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Well I finished up Watkins Glen SRF with a second place finish Very Happy. By far my best yet. Finally seem to have a grasp of this car. Got my SR back over 2 again....geez. I was at 3.6 beginning week 13 and the SRF kicked my ass. Thanks Andrew and Stephen for the help (tunes by G44 cheers). That positive toe did the trick. I ran it pretty heavy and gradually backed it off till I could drive it and keep tires on it for more tha 5 laps lol. Once I got the hang of "steering with the throttle" I did better. Best time was a 216.059 in practice I think. Don't have a clue how guys are puttin up 13's. Not sure if I'm gonna continue with the series cuz I don't have Brands, but we'll see. Maybe switch it up and come back to it.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 pm

vkaifh wrote:got my internet back, updated iRacing and jumped into a race cold turkey. Finished 5th, secured 75 championship points

Wallhugger60 wrote:Well I finished up Watkins Glen SRF with a second place finish Very Happy. By far my best yet. Finally seem to have a grasp of this car

Double awesome clap Anytime Wall, glad the tunage helped.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm planning on running the SRF race tonight at 9:45 eastern. Anyone wants to join the fun? wave

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 pm

I'll be on to run earlier. Not sure if I'm gonna race though, not a lot of practice on this trac. Plus I just got my SR back above 2 lol. Maybe see ya inna practice.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Pontiac tracks are great this week. Lovin Brands and CMS is fun. I hear New Hampshire is good in a similar way, don't own that one yet though. Been trying to keep my mic charged up in case I hit a practice one of you guys are in Wink Zolder still eludes me, and the SRF ain't helpin. See ya out there.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am

I kinda like Zolder Thumbs Up!

Just q'd with 1'52.7 and hopefully get into my first race for the week in a few minutes. I hope enough sign up; otherwise I try to improve my time trial time. Very Happy

EDIT:
did the race and a time trial: finished 4th in the race and am now 3rd overall in this week's tt only 0.1s behind the leader.
I know most aliens don't do the time trials; the result screen still looks good bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm

I've got to get on the ball....I've only turned a couple of practice laps all season 4. I'm going to race tonight, I just haven't figured out what yet.

Anyone going to be on tonight? Suggestions?
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Anyone going to be on tonight? Suggestions?

I plan to do the SRF race at 9:45 eastern tonight

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

If I can get enough time to learn Zolder I might join ya vk. If that doesn't go well I'll be at Brands in the Pontiac.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Both sound good.... I'm kind of a slow learner and I'm not 100% up to speed on either circuit. We'll have to see what seems more enticing when I log on. The one event I was really eye-balling was the Skippy at Spa. That could be interesting.
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Zolder is tuff lol. Lotsa high speed down to 30 mph. I like Brands especially after runnin the SRF there last week. Everything else seems like cake compared. Tried both cars there, and with some baby tweeks they both hold really well. Actually everything after the SRF handles really well lol Very Happy

Wall

Edit- Oh yeah, I welded up an aluminum shifter bracket in work today, and installed it on my seat base when I got home. I'm gonna test it out tonight I guess Rolling Eyes. Been using paddles for 2 years so this should be interesting lol. It's at a good height and feel so hopefully it wasn't a waste of time.

Last edited by Wallhugger60 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the shifter thing)

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:Zolder is tuff lol. Lotsa high speed down to 30 mph. I like Brands especially after runnin the SRF there last week. Everything else seems like cake compared. Tried both cars there, and with some baby tweeks they both hold really well. Actually everything after the SRF handles really well lol Very Happy

Wall

Edit- Oh yeah, I welded up an aluminum shifter bracket in work today, and installed it on my seat base when I got home. I'm gonna test it out tonight I guess Rolling Eyes. Been using paddles for 2 years so this should be interesting lol. It's at a good height and feel so hopefully it wasn't a waste of time.

You hit on one of the reasons I like challenging myself in the SRF. That and I swear it teaches me tracks better (when I'm not dying) because it forces me to really concentrate.
Be curious what you think if using the shifter. On the slower stuff I'm running and with just the auto clutch, it seems so much more natural and smooth to me. FWIW, I ran GT primarily with the stick, so I've always preferred it over the paddles.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

group44 wrote:
Wallhugger60 wrote:Zolder is tuff lol. Lotsa high speed down to 30 mph. I like Brands especially after runnin the SRF there last week. Everything else seems like cake compared. Tried both cars there, and with some baby tweeks they both hold really well. Actually everything after the SRF handles really well lol Very Happy

Wall

You hit on one of the reasons I like challenging myself in the SRF. That and I swear it teaches me tracks better (when I'm not dying) because it forces me to really concentrate.
Be curious what you think if using the shifter. On the slower stuff I'm running and with just the auto clutch, it seems so much more natural and smooth to me. FWIW, I ran GT primarily with the stick, so I've always preferred it over the paddles.

I'm taking a test lap in the Skippy at Spa....if I die immediately I'll join you guys in the SRF. I need to learn these more challenging cars.
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:I'm taking a test lap in the Skippy at Spa....if I die immediately I'll join you guys in the SRF. I need to learn these more challenging cars.

not that I wish you an early death in any car on any track but it would be nice to share a track with you and watch your car getting smaller and smaller in front until it disappears.

Come over and enjoy the SRF wave

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

I can say that I've put two laps in and only died twice. LOL! It is really fun though and much easier to adapt to than Watkins Glen (I'm not sure why - maybe it's the practice so now I'm adapting easier?).

I think I'm staying at Spa. Embarassed

I'm not running any specific series this season, so next week I'll hop in the SRF. Very Happy
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Stayed and Spa and cut a bunch of laps. I ended up qualifying, but decided against racing. It's too late 10:45 and I'm still not comfortable with this little thing in traffic...if you have to lift when you don't want to it's big trouble. I really ended up liking the car ALOT....of course, maybe it's Spa, but I do think the handling of the car grew on me. It may be a few more weeks before I feel comfortable enough to race it; I just don't want to have a brain fart and ruin a bunch of peoples races.

Good luck with what ever everybody decides to race!
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:I'm still not comfortable with this little thing in traffic...if you have to lift when you don't want to it's big trouble.

tell me about it; same with the SRF. affraid

Last night I started on pole cheers but in lap 2 I lost control and 5 positions due to own stupidity. 4 laps later after regaining 3 positions I had to lift in the midst of a turn due to traffic resulting in a trip to the beach. duh! Another 5 positions were lost. Bleep!

Luckily I was able to regain those 5 positions and finished 3rd. cheers

Overall tons of fun with a lot of overtaking (not just benefitting from other's mistakes). I have to say the SRF series has really grown on me. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

The Skippy at Zolder was the first thing I ever drove in iRacing and I have to say... it was love/hate at first sight... Laughing I definitely did not have the talent to get the maximum out of the car. It's something I want to practice a lot more of before I try and race it. Just built a new PC, and Christmas time I'll be strongly considering a 3 monitor setup. What a Face

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Maybe a cheaper alternative to a 3 monitor setup?

http://gizmodo.com/5958776/this-219-monitor-is-a-multitaskers-wet-dream

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Snazzy monitors are snazzy!
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm

group44 wrote:

Wall

Well after an hour + running a few cars/tracks with the shifter I've determined I just can't drive Embarassed. I didn't think about the auto clutch and prolly shouldn't have turned off the blip either. And all the time I spent learning how to left foot brake has to be relearned with the right foot. I didn't think there'd be such a difference between feet but I had to adjust the brake setting because I found I brake much harder with my left than my right. And the matching engine/ ground speed for downshifting was not so pretty good either lol. It's funny cuz I've driven prolly over a hundred cars with a stick, but never the way you do on a track. Even the 3 track days at Limerock and Watkins didn't show me. As a beginner you're learning the track, and the Miata lets you get around the track in 4th without getting into trouble or lugging down to bad so shifting isn't that big of an issue. Actually my last instructor was hoping I had signed up for 2 days because he wanted to work on shifting.

Brief summation:

Leave pits shifting up 2nd, 3rd, 4th, okay good, now downshift..ooops didn't bring up the revs and the assend wants to break loose. Okay, car back under control and going again and same corner, over rev and hit brakes but don't stop, okay note to self, really gotta brake harder, but we're still rolling so upshift and now downshift and brake, CRAP, quit resting right hand on shifter like street driving and put it back on the wheel lol so I can maybe steer? Go off track...again...start off again and repeat above multiple times. Finally get a full clean lap, but don't get used to it.

So the auto blip goes back on and I'll definitely try the auto clutch but keep right foot braking so I can use either foot well. 2 years of paddles is hard to change.

Wall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum