Log in

I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44


2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Not sure how this week will fare for me. I got sick as a dog last night and I'm heading to Sebring on Thursday and Friday for the 12 Hours practice and qualifying; then I have a Home Show in Tampa over the weekend. Busy...busy...busy.

I haven't driven the shorter Mid Ohio, but the full version of Mid Ohio was brilliant in the Skip last season, so I'm sure it'll be just as fun.

Best of luck to all who get to race this week!

Anyone hear from VK? I haven' seen him online or in the forum in a long time.
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  vkaifh on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Anyone hear from VK? I haven' seen him online or in the forum in a long time.

I'm still around reading our forum. Work picked up slightly and the puppy keeps me busy too. I should be back in a few weeks, for now I focus on laying the foundation for having a well behaved dog for the next 10 and hopefully more years. Very Happy

_________________
avatar
vkaifh

Posts : 394
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 49
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  HWKII on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Damn, Mid-Ohio, you scary!

affraid

The undulations, the blind crests, the changes of direction...

Time to pump up the tires and move the brake balance forward!

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  clacksman on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 am

HWKII wrote:I'm telling you, carbon fiber makes you go faster. Carbon fiber + stripes? There's no stopping you. What a Face

I was thinking what's needed is carbon fiber stripes. Yeah. I'll paint them on my internets ... No

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 37
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  HWKII on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:I'm telling you, carbon fiber makes you go faster. Carbon fiber + stripes? There's no stopping you. What a Face

I was thinking what's needed is carbon fiber stripes. Yeah. I'll paint them on my internets ... No

Actually, that kind of sounds hot...

The DSO split scheme but instead of white, with the carbon fiber stripe as negative space... New project! Cool

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  clacksman on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 am

HWKII wrote:
clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:I'm telling you, carbon fiber makes you go faster. Carbon fiber + stripes? There's no stopping you. What a Face

I was thinking what's needed is carbon fiber stripes. Yeah.

Actually, that kind of sounds hot...

The DSO split scheme but instead of white, with the carbon fiber stripe as negative space... New project! Cool

I was thinking gloss black with two carbon fiber stripes up and over the middle, as usual the logo on the side lined up with the actual seat/wheel.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 37
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  HWKII on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:
clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:I'm telling you, carbon fiber makes you go faster. Carbon fiber + stripes? There's no stopping you. What a Face

I was thinking what's needed is carbon fiber stripes. Yeah.

Actually, that kind of sounds hot...

The DSO split scheme but instead of white, with the carbon fiber stripe as negative space... New project! Cool

I was thinking gloss black with two carbon fiber stripes up and over the middle, as usual the logo on the side lined up with the actual seat/wheel.

Also totally doable. Will release soon.

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 pm

I took the DSO Mustang to Sebring short course tonight because I've always wanted to race that course in iRacing....plus I knew the track and car so I had a feeling I'd be up to speed rather quickly. All worked out and I had a fun night.

The point of this post is, before the week is over, try and get a race in there just to see how physically demanding that little track is. It's like Lime Rock tired without the risk of death. When I'm in the Spec Miata there in real life, my shoulders start aching about 4-5 laps in to a session. No power steering and lots of manhandling the car will do that to you. pirat

I'm heading to real Sebring tomorrow for the next two days, so I won't be around. Have fun and safe racing everyone!
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  Forgetful on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 pm

I'll be hitting Sebring on the weekend. Don't know that half of the track yet so I need some practice time before I go racing there. Have fun!

_________________
DriverSports Youtube Channel
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 34
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 pm

You'll do great, it's small and safe so you'll pick it up quick, plus it's nice to your SR. It's a traditional slow in fast out track, the key is to make sure to brake early; there are a lot of hard braking zones where you can get greedy and blow your entry. The braking zones I used tonight are pretty similar to what I use in the SM ironically enough.

Have fun and good luck!
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  HWKII on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Anyone going to be riding the roller coaster that is Mid-Ohio in the skip tonight or doing any practice sessions?

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  timneyb on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Sometimes rookie racing is fun.

An uneventful 2nd place to an alien for me, but in the post race two guys were FULL ON CAPS LOCK at each other. "You're an asshole, turned down on me, spun me around". "You're an asshole, I'm reporting you". "I'm reporting you twice" (seriously, that one had me actually laughing).

I decide to watch the replay, since I was done in the sim for the afternoon. Turns out they are both right; they are indeed assholes. +1 for not having to mediate that crap.

Next season I'm going to pay for whatever is required for the SPF and/or Skippy seasons, but for now this is entertainment.

_________________
GTData.net | Everything you need to know about GT Cars | Parts & Tunes!

timneyb

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-11-28
Location : NJ, USA

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 pm

If the schedules stay more or less the same that will give you most of the tracks you need for the GTCup, where Roo, G44 and I have been haunting the Solsti. It's a little tamer, though still very amateur sometimes.

_________________
DriverSports Youtube Channel
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 34
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Just wondering what you guys are planning on running this evening (if anything)? I thought I'd try and join you out there and see if we can't get 4-5 DSO liveried cars on show Very Happy

Pulled off a great win in the SRF earlier (could you see my DSO Livery Thomas?), beating some big boys, but it sure was nerve racking trying not to make a mistake Smile

Results - http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=7768054&custid=110123

Nige.
avatar
RIP_Welsh_Don

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 38
Location : Calgary

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll try to get a race in the Mustang and in the Skippy tonight.

_________________
DriverSports Youtube Channel
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 34
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  Rooster722 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm

RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:Just wondering what you guys are planning on running this evening (if anything)? I thought I'd try and join you out there and see if we can't get 4-5 DSO liveried cars on show Very Happy

Pulled off a great win in the SRF earlier (could you see my DSO Livery Thomas?), beating some big boys, but it sure was nerve racking trying not to make a mistake Smile

Results - http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=7768054&custid=110123

Nige.
I couldn't see your paintjob from 1/2 lap down , maybe you can back out of the throttle for 30-40 seconds next race so I can take a look, and write a review.
avatar
Rooster722

Posts : 178
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 52
Location : York, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  clacksman on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 am

Rooster722 wrote:
RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:Pulled off a great win in the SRF earlier (could you see my DSO Livery Thomas?), beating some big boys, but it sure was nerve racking trying not to make a mistake Smile

I couldn't see your paintjob from 1/2 lap down , maybe you can back out of the throttle for 30-40 seconds next race so I can take a look, and write a review.

lol!

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 37
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Who is driving where tonight and tomorrow night? I will be on practicing tonight for what ever I decide to race tomorrow night; any suggestions as to what combo is fun this week?

I feel like it's been forever since I've been on the rig. With a Home Show and the 12 Hours last weekend and another Home Show this weekend things have been crazy. Looking forward to some time behind the virtual wheel. Smile
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Rooster722 wrote:
RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:Just wondering what you guys are planning on running this evening (if anything)? I thought I'd try and join you out there and see if we can't get 4-5 DSO liveried cars on show Very Happy

Pulled off a great win in the SRF earlier (could you see my DSO Livery Thomas?), beating some big boys, but it sure was nerve racking trying not to make a mistake Smile

Results - http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=7768054&custid=110123

Nige.
I couldn't see your paintjob from 1/2 lap down , maybe you can back out of the throttle for 30-40 seconds next race so I can take a look, and write a review.

LOL, Thanks Thomas Wink. I wasn't sure if you might have caught a glimpse of it in warm up, however it may have been a bit blurry to you Shocked J/K Razz

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Who is driving where tonight and tomorrow night? I will be on practicing tonight for what ever I decide to race tomorrow night; any suggestions as to what combo is fun this week?

I feel like it's been forever since I've been on the rig. With a Home Show and the 12 Hours last weekend and another Home Show this weekend things have been crazy. Looking forward to some time behind the virtual wheel. Smile

Hey John,

Hope it all went well for you with the home shows and 12 Hours? Smile

If you're looking for something other than the Skippy, then the Mustang at Mid-Ohio is fun! I do like that track and ran a practice session there last night in the big Horse with your Daytona Set-up and had a blast. I might even qualify it this week and run a race or 2, possibly tomorrow if you're in for it John and any others. Smile
avatar
RIP_Welsh_Don

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 38
Location : Calgary

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Not sure what I'm doing tonight. I'll most likely run Zolder in the Skip. I like the Skip because I can run two races back to back in one night, where the Stang and the Spec Racer have an hour gap.

I put 12-13 laps in at Zolder last night and got back up to speed pretty close to where I was last season, so I'll probably stick with that. Of course I kind of feel like I'm coming down with something; so maybe I'll just chill.

We'll see.
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm

If you're feeling better, I'll try the Skippy too. I noticed Jeff was running it the other night swell, so maybe we can get a trio of DSO Skippy's out there Smile
avatar
RIP_Welsh_Don

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 38
Location : Calgary

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  RackAttack on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm

RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:If you're feeling better, I'll try the Skippy too. I noticed Jeff was running it the other night swell, so maybe we can get a trio of DSO Skippy's out there Smile

Good luck running an incident free race there!

I'm off to Buttonwillow tonight to start the 3 day SCCA school to get my race license, so no more Skippy for me this week!
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 pm

RackAttack wrote:
RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:If you're feeling better, I'll try the Skippy too. I noticed Jeff was running it the other night swell, so maybe we can get a trio of DSO Skippy's out there Smile

Good luck running an incident free race there!

I'm off to Buttonwillow tonight to start the 3 day SCCA school to get my race license, so no more Skippy for me this week!

I haven't run a lap yet, but don't expect to go incident free after my adventures in the SRF last week lol!

Best of luck with Buttonwillow Jeff, sounds like fun! Very Happy
avatar
RIP_Welsh_Don

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 38
Location : Calgary

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Feeling good enough to drive. See you at Zolder! alien
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  HWKII on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 pm

RackAttack wrote:Good luck running an incident free race there!

Zolder don't screw around with track boundaries.

Did you look at the curb? That's a penalty.
Did you look at the paint? That's a penalty.
Did you go through the chicane? That's a penalty.

Laughing

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Season 1 - Starts Jan 28 2013

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum