I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

2013 Season 2 | April 30 - July 22

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2013 Season 2 | April 30 - July 22

Post  group44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice, right down to the wire clap  May the SOF gods smile upon you!
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 pm

group44 wrote: clap  May the SOF gods smile upon you!

Heh, yeah really.

All 3 of you have the same drops to do or do you have to find more than the 11 points or ???

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Let my know when you plan on running. I'll try to come donate some iR to the cause.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:08 pm

clacksman wrote:
group44 wrote: clap  May the SOF gods smile upon you!

Heh, yeah really.

All 3 of you have the same drops to do or do you have to find more than the 11 points or ???

Yep, same drops.
Forgetful wrote:Let my know when you plan on running. I'll try to come donate some iR to the cause.

OK, Thanks.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:07 pm

RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:
Forgetful wrote:I've been trying to race the MP4, but it's been a pretty long run of bad luck. The thing about racing at C or above is that there's no quick repair, so if you wreck you do serious time in the pit stall. I'm down about 600iR this season from a lot of limp home finishes.

Some of it's been my fault, a slim majority have been the fault of others. Even filed a protest on one guy. I need to tighten up here pretty soon.

Hey Stephen,

I did notice you'd been running the MP4 while I was absent for 2 months and saw how your ratings had been affected. The MP4 was going to be my main focus for this 2nd season, before I went AWOL, but I have just come back to it in the last couple of weeks. I struggled for pace to begin with, but picked up the Quali' setup from John Hille at the end of last week and it really helped (I then just increased the ride height as required for the race fuel load and added a touch of rear ARB and Wing for the race and it felt good).  I found the setup made a big difference.  I am basically sticking with it for Suzuka too, with a few minor tweaks as we go.

Hopefully we can hook up for some practice as the final few weeks roll on and maybe boost your ratings a little along the way.

@ Roo - Great to see the points racking up and I can see it's close at the top of the table now! Good luck!!

This setup?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Rooster722 wrote:Week 11 GTC Solstice class championship update, as it stands now:
Loginov: 1253
Me.......: 1242
Clark2..: 1205

Shocked

Loginov: 1294
 Clark2..: 1259
 Me ......: 1242     ...Current....

Well, it looks like I took the week off, lol, but the reality of the situation is I just finished my 10th race of the week at Spa (Good thing I love this track) just to break even back at 1242. The other two guys caught strong SOFs with only one other Solstice in their race (not particularly fast Solstices, but highly rated). The most points I had available all week so far was 145, and that was the one out of 10 that I wrecked. The good news is , I still have some trash scores to clean out and they do not, so if I can get a big score this week, I still have a chance.

Hey , if anybody wants a big laugh, take a car out on the track they have the GTC series finishing on (it's only funny if you don't have to race on it). It's Charlotte Infield Road Course (coarse), not to be confused with Charlotte Road Course. It is the biggest POS of a track I've ever set simtire on, what a shame to have to finish a season on this thing. Sad

Last edited by Rooster722 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Doing the season finale on a time trial/autocross track is pretty ridiculous. Dem blue barrels are bound to make many enemies, and subsequent road blocks Rolling Eyes

Also, ready to donate some iR to the cause Twisted Evil
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Hella good time doing a little DSO raid on the Grand Touring Cup Very Happy  Only problem, Nigel managed to be quicker than me after about five minutes of practice scratch Razz  Awfully nice to be able go side by side with a driver you trust.  Gonna take a while to wind down from that one.  Congrats to Tom, who gets an A++ for effort this week, even though he couldn't get the points he deserved.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 pm

group44 wrote:Hella good time doing a little DSO raid on the Grand Touring Cup Very Happy  Only problem, Nigel managed to be quicker than me after about five minutes of practice scratch Razz  Awfully nice to be able go side by side with a driver you trust.  Gonna take a while to wind down from that one.  Congrats to Tom, who gets an A++ for effort this week, even though he couldn't get the points he deserved.

Thanks Andy and Nigel for running the 9:15 race, that was the most fun I had all week. What a DSO Show out there ! It would have been worth good points too if not for the 2 Noobs that snuck in the back of the field, oh well. Smile
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Forgetful wrote:
RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:
Forgetful wrote:I've been trying to race the MP4, but it's been a pretty long run of bad luck. The thing about racing at C or above is that there's no quick repair, so if you wreck you do serious time in the pit stall. I'm down about 600iR this season from a lot of limp home finishes.

Some of it's been my fault, a slim majority have been the fault of others. Even filed a protest on one guy. I need to tighten up here pretty soon.

Hey Stephen,

I did notice you'd been running the MP4 while I was absent for 2 months and saw how your ratings had been affected. The MP4 was going to be my main focus for this 2nd season, before I went AWOL, but I have just come back to it in the last couple of weeks. I struggled for pace to begin with, but picked up the Quali' setup from John Hille at the end of last week and it really helped (I then just increased the ride height as required for the race fuel load and added a touch of rear ARB and Wing for the race and it felt good).  I found the setup made a big difference.  I am basically sticking with it for Suzuka too, with a few minor tweaks as we go.

Hopefully we can hook up for some practice as the final few weeks roll on and maybe boost your ratings a little along the way.

@ Roo - Great to see the points racking up and I can see it's close at the top of the table now! Good luck!!

This setup?
Yep, that was the one.
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

It sure seems to have done me well. I used it on the weekend at RATL and Indy and was up by .5~1.0 on my previous bests. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Rooster722 wrote:
group44 wrote:Hella good time doing a little DSO raid on the Grand Touring Cup Very Happy  Only problem, Nigel managed to be quicker than me after about five minutes of practice scratch Razz  Awfully nice to be able go side by side with a driver you trust.  Gonna take a while to wind down from that one.  Congrats to Tom, who gets an A++ for effort this week, even though he couldn't get the points he deserved.

Thanks Andy and Nigel for running the 9:15 race, that was the most fun I had all week. What a DSO Show out there ! It would have been worth good points too if not for the 2 Noobs that snuck in the back of the field, oh well. Smile
Thanks to both Andrew and Tom for a fun race there at Spa. I had a blast battling with Andrew, just a shame it didn't net Tom a few extra points. Maybe this week we can get a big catch! Wink
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Forgetful wrote:It sure seems to have done me well. I used it on the weekend at RATL and Indy and was up by .5~1.0 on my previous bests. Thanks
Sweet! I'm no tuner, so it's nice to find something that seems to suit and work well, as it seems to me that the MP4 needs to be set right for sure. Smile
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Skip Barber this week: Ermagerd, frankerchimps!What a Face

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Mmmmmm sweet, sweet Frankerchimps.

Fastest lap = 1'51.6 in the race, took too little fuel to make it around all 9 laps (thought it was 7...) so had to stop for fuel, still finished 2nd, 45 seconds behind the leader who never set a fastest lap because *Off Track. I love you

Got hit in Turn 1 by the eventual leader, not anyone's fault really. Cut off in Eau Rouge by someone from the Central-Eastern European team, ran wide and had to drop all the way to the back of the pack by the time we got out of Les Combes because I had to stay off the throttle. Got cut off by him twice on the straights. Dude is on my list of people to avoid. No big deal though, since he was about 10 seconds off the pace and crashed on 3 of 4 laps before disconnecting... Not a single driver in the race qualified... such is Frankerchimps.Laughing 

I suspect that I will not be allowed to keep racing in these 1000 iRating races for too much longer; climbing my way back to mediocrity and possibly beyond.

Starting to get to know the regulars of the SBRS, which is awesome. Bill English is a really really nice guy. Reminds me a bit of aRacer. Got asked for tips/setup around Frankerchimps by some guys I know are way faster than I am. But not here. Yet. Which is awesomer.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:26 am

Loginov: 1294
Me.......: 1262

I'm tired.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:04 am

Rooster722 wrote:Loginov: 1294

I'm tired.

That's... a hell of a championship! Go Rooster, go!cheers

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 am

HWKII wrote:the SBRS,

??

Also; Go Rooster +1

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 am

Skip Barber Race Series

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm

HWKII wrote:
Rooster722 wrote:Loginov: 1294

I'm tired.

That's... a hell of a championship! Go Rooster, go!cheers
Thanks !
clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:the SBRS,

??

Also; Go Rooster +1
Thanks +1 ):

Just checked in on the points over lunch break, it doesn't look too promising now. Loginov and Clark2 raced each other in a field that barely went official, and they were the only 2 Solsti. That created a  47xx SOF and somebody was going to score big. Loginov ended up with 209, congrats to him.

Loginov ....: 1352
Me ...........: 1262
Clark2 ......: 1259

I would need about a 238 to gain enough to take the lead, which is attainable but not very likely. I'll prolly run 2 more before the end of the week and call it a season, since this track is less fun than kidney stone.  Thanks Nigel for running last night (and Andrew for attempting to join). If not for the one driver with a low IR joining it would have helped a lot.
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 am

Once again Week 13 is upon us. As usual, it’s a final opportunity for iRacers fromRookie to Class B to advance to the next rung of the license ladder in time for 2013 Season 3 and for iRacers of all stripes – including black -- to have lots of fun.

But there are a couple of new twists to this Week 13.  First, we asked long-time iRacer – and NHRA superstar – Ron Capps to select a couple of combinations for official Week 13 Series and he came up with a great pairing to mark the debut of theiRacing.com Celebrity Challenge: Silver Crown at Dover International Speedway and Cadillac CTS-V at Brands Hatch. The winner of each series will receive a Ron Cappsdie-cast model. To insure an even distribution of points, zig-zag iRating driver distribution will be in force and -- to give mere mortals a fighting chance at the prizes -- current Pro and WDC drivers are not eligible for the series.

If those two combinations aren’t your cup of tea, we’ll also have more “traditional”official series in the Week 13 Legends Road Racing and Street Stock Challengeseries. The Legends series visits Okayama (long and short), Charlotte (road), Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Okayama (long and short) and Summit Point (Jefferson Reverse), while the Street Stock schedule includes Charlotte (both the Legends and the 1.5 mile ovals), Lanier, Oxford Plains, Thompson, South Boston and USA International.

Safety Ratings and iRatings are in effect in the official series, giving competitors a last chance to increase their license ratings before promotions for Season 3 are finalized at week’s end.  Likewise, rookies who have yet to complete the category-specific minimum participation requirements for graduation to a D license (two official races or four time trials in each category) can do so in Week 13.

The week’s unofficial competition includes the ever-popular Carburetor Cup with the Gen6 Chevies and Fords at Talladega and (drum roll) the Lotus 49 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (aka Mosport). There will also be several different versions of the 24 Hours of Fun including the Radical SR8 at Montreal’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and the Dallara IndyCar at Charlotte, Interlagos, Laguna Seca and Rockingham.

But wait, there's more!  A third series features the Mazda MX-5 Cup, Pontiac Solstice and VW Jetta TDi with a special surprise from the new build that promises to put the f-u-n in the 24 Hours of Fun.

And lest we forget, Week 18 of the NASCAR iRacing Series will find the Gen6 cars in action at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Forgetful wrote:Week 13 Legends Road Racing

...and a special surprise from the new build that promises to put the f-u-n in the 24 Hours of Fun.

Legends could be interesting.

My guess for the surprise, time change Cool
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 am

I got hung up on the 'f-u-n' bit. Those letters are in the name of the surprise. If not shame on whomever wrote that.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:33 am

Forgetful wrote:I got hung up on the 'f-u-n' bit. Those letters are in the name of the surprise. If not shame on whomever wrote that.

Well, here's the whole sentence

A third series features the Mazda MX-5 Cup, Pontiac Solstice and VW Jetta TDi with a special surprise from the new build that promises to put the f-u-n in the 24 Hours of Fun.

which doesn't make it look like the surprise is Legend-related.

Edu-guess - staggered/delayed start per class.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:55 pm

The slow climb back to mediocrity continues, ran a 2'50.5 at Spa tonight in race trim.

Dat Mark Webber comeback... I may or may not have had the car in gear at the start of the race... Embarassed 

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum