DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:17 am

How'd this thread get chopped to only ten pages?  Question
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Not sure. The other 60ish are a down there a bit.

So, go figure, tell Jody to find an M5 and before she does I change my mind to a Phaeton, of which there aren't any good ones ATM. Go look at M5s again and all of a sudden it's raining V10s. There's a 105,000k blue E60 in Van for 27,000. duh!HELP!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Buncha different interiors on M5s. Most are black, a few white leathers which do look nice, but not on a silver car:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/5+Series/THORNHILL/Ontario/5_17309114_ON20090422104919444/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Forgetful wrote:Buncha different interiors on M5s. Most are black, a few white leathers which do look nice, but not on a silver car:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/5+Series/THORNHILL/Ontario/5_17309114_ON20090422104919444/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO
Lustful lustful thoughts. You need that bigger budget. Or I do. But yeah, white leather is a bit too crass on silver.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Lustful indeed. It was what you said about regretting not getting the fun car that stuck with me. I'm sure I'd love the phaeton, but I lust for the E60 and I'll love it too.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 pm

clacksman wrote:How'd this thread get chopped to only ten pages?  Question

My guess is that some sort of culling or pruning occurred and ate up 50 pages because we blew our site's mind.
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:50 am

I likes the white leather.  Could always get the silver car vinyl wrapped something that makes the white leather work for you.

Also BaT had a nice E39 M5 on the front page yesterday.  Lustful thoughts etc.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:11 pm

lol.
I just realized that if I do buy a SMG equipped E60 M5 I'll have the option of either paddle shifting or using the gear lever as a push down/pull up sequential, pretty much exactly like on my sim rig at home where I have the option of paddles or the sequential box.

So in my car I can pretend to be at home in my sim rig pretending to be racing Sherlock

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Xzibit
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I officially dub thee 'Datsunwing'

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Ku-xlarge
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 am

The one car your significant other is most likely to actually enjoy owning a scale model thereof.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 pm

clacksman wrote:The one car your significant other is most likely to actually enjoy owning a scale model thereof.
Is my mind just in the gutter, or is that the joke you intended?
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm

RackAttack wrote:
clacksman wrote:The one car your significant other is most likely to actually enjoy owning a scale model thereof.

If that wasn't the joke, I just don't know whats real anymore...

"NOW WITH REAL REVVING ACTION!"

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Cw80WoK

Dat sweet, sweet livery.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 am

HWKII wrote:
RackAttack wrote:

If that wasn't the joke, I just don't know whats real anymore...

"NOW WITH REAL REVVING ACTION!"

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

See, it's not just you.

What a Face
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Summer vacation time is finally here. cheers  See you all in a week... Gone fishin.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Catch something besides a cold. And flak.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Neat! I have a week off too!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 am

Forgetful wrote:Neat! I have a week off too!

Twist: Forgetful is a fish.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 am

HWKII wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Neat! I have a week off too!

Twist: Forgetful is a fish.

Well, that was unexpected.  

Also; cat cat cat cat cat
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Update on the car hunt:

The Interlagos Blue '06 is still there in Vancouver, but we're looking for an '07 to go with a longer financing term, but I might just go with this one and bigger payments. We're trying to keep the search in BC because that apparently gives the dealership better protection from lemons and scams. We're looking at dealers only because we know their marked up and we can whittle the price down, and you know the car's been inspected and serviced already.

So, for 07s at dealers in BC there are two that are close. Black with the white leather, 100,000km, or a Indy Red car, black interior with only 65,000km.

There's a slim chance we sign paperwork today and I drive down to Vancouver to pick up a car, or more likely we'll get the paper work done and I'll have to wait until Tuesday because long weekend.

bounce

Edit: Also the manager thinks everyone is almost 5 grand over what they should be. I figure that's because the F10s are hitting driveways now.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Indy red is neat.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Went to take out my recycling.  As usual, going out via the back door to the parking lot, as pickup is from the side street rather than in front.  Opened the back door gently with my ass because I was carrying a half-full big blue box, but the door didn't open far enough to get through.  Turned my head to look out the small gap, and someone had parked so close their bumper was blocking the door.  So I set the blue box down on the landing, turned my entire body, and tried to open the door with my foot.

Still couldn't make enough room to get out.  And now there's an alarm going off.  Seems to be coming from a car with a big dent in the bumper.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:42 pm

clacksman wrote:Went to take out my recycling.  As usual, going out via the back door to the parking lot, as pickup is from the side street rather than in front.  Opened the back door gently with my ass because I was carrying a half-full big blue box, but the door didn't open far enough to get through.  Turned my head to look out the small gap, and someone had parked so close their bumper was blocking the door.  So I set the blue box down on the landing, turned my entire body, and tried to open the door with my foot.

Still couldn't make enough room to get out.  And now there's an alarm going off.  Seems to be coming from a car with a big dent in the bumper.

#FirstWorldAnarchist  Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:19 pm

HDMI cable died, so went digging for Component cables to hook up PS3.  Finally found them ... in the box with my PS2.  Hooked up said PS2.  Memory card still held info.  Controller is still semi-borked, not to mention the thumbsticks are starting to disintregrate into oil/goo/grease ... yuck.

Played TOCA 3, thought I hadn't previously (bought it for like $10 pre-GT5 because why not).
Turns out I had played this game back when it was current/new, likely as a rental.  More or less sucked.  Made me miss rally, though.  Why did the Colin McRae games have to die too?

Played GTA San Andreas.
looooooooolnostalgiatrip
Also THIS FRAMERATE IS AWFUL HOW DID I PLAY THIS AT ALL

Played GT4.  
I DONT REMEMBER HOW TO WORK ANYTHING IN THIS GAME
HOLY WHEEL SELECTION BATMAN
Also why doesn't my damn gamesave have the Model T in it?  Damnit.

Played GT3.
HOLY WHEEL SELECTION WITH AWESOME 3/4 PREVIEW ANGLE 
HOLY DEALER TURNTABLE CLOSEUPS OH MY GAWD THE ROOFS ARE DOWN ON THE MR-S AND SLK AND THEY HAVE FUNKY INTERIORS FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Physics aren't that bad with simulation tires on and HOLY CRAP THE AI IS BETTER THAN GT5 BY A WIDE MARGIN

Unhooked and reboxed PS2.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next