DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:15 am

Forgetful wrote:Dat AVUS.

HWKII wrote:I really miss that old Hockenheim circuit...

I was more like "lookit all those new F1 tracks that I've never seen cars go vroom on"
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am

clacksman wrote:1) Thought you lurked le reddit more oftener, I just pop in weekly or so
2) WIP

I did not lurk reddit... until you posted this. 

It took me all of five clicks to find this post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorsports/comments/21gea7/looking_to_find_a_job_in_motorsports/cgdfird

I work for the North American arm of Aston Martin Racing. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. We're looking for good people as we expand our World Challenge and IMSA programs. We'd most likely have you out for a try-out weekend at a race, if you're interested. We're headquartered in Northern California in the North Bay - Sonoma county - not a bad place to live.

PM'd the guy. Lets see what happens.  Smile 

If, by some miracle, I do end up working for the AMR pit crew it's all clacksman's fault.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:19 am

Forgetful wrote:If, by some miracle, I do end up working for the AMR pit crew...

That would be a miracle; emphassis mine

We're looking for good people

What a Face  clown 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 am

Couldn't live with myself if I didn't try.

I plan on emphasizing my talents with bristled composite particulate filters, aka the broom.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 am

Forgetful wrote: bristled composite particulate filters, aka the broom.

scratch scratch scratch 

study 

There's also the glorious and necessary job of being the guy who ... de-cruds the car. Crud being things the cars expend in the course of racing, including but not limited to tire goop, brake dust, urine ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:32 am

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote: bristled composite particulate filters, aka the broom.

scratch scratch scratch 

study 

There's also the glorious and necessary job of being the guy who ... de-cruds the car.  Crud being things the cars expend in the course of racing, including but not limited to tire goop, brake dust, urine ...

We have a sandwich board sign that I put out on the sidewalk every morning. Surely this is valuable experience for the pit board.

Don't have the legs for Umbrella Girl.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:35 am

I'd suggest going to Mission during a CTCC race and offering your help (of whatever sort) some random team (preferably one with logo'd jackets and/or hats), but this year the series doesn't go west of me.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am

clacksman wrote:I'd suggest going to Mission during a CTCC race and offering your help (of whatever sort) some random team (preferably one with logo'd jackets and/or hats), but this year the series doesn't go west of me.

I'm eyeing the next VCMC track day at Mission. There are some autox events on the calendar, otherwise the only real competitive racing is in a straight line. I could try to weasel in the next time NASCAR comes to Vernon.

I can hop a plane anywhere I need to (probably cheap too, my boss is an Air Canada flight attendant). I can take time off from work as I please. I have my passport. I don't need to be paid. World's my oyster. Why the fuck not, eh?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Wheels will be paint able in next weeks iRacing build. 

I only report the important stuff.  Cool
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 pm

It's the little things...
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Finally got around to trying that G25(-7/DFGT) wheel lock adjust thingy.  Works super neato.  Would have been a hell of a thing to have in GT5.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm

clacksman wrote:Finally got around to trying that G25(-7/DFGT) wheel lock adjust thingy.  Works super neato.  Would have been a hell of a thing to have in GT5.

Whatzit do again? Adjust the 'soft stops' for less rotation, right? I would figure the wheel response per turn changes then too? I could that see that being handy for the race cars to bump up the realism/drivability.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:15 am

group44 wrote:
clacksman wrote:Finally got around to trying that G25(-7/DFGT) wheel lock adjust thingy.  Works super neato.  Would have been a hell of a thing to have in GT5.

Whatzit do again? Adjust the 'soft stops' for less rotation, right? I would figure the wheel response per turn changes then too? I could that see that being handy for the race cars to bump up the realism/drivability.

Looks like a %-lock adjustment to me; 75, 50, and 25 %s possible instead of just the usual 100%/900degrees.  I read thru all 7 pages of the planet thread, not much consensus about exactly how many degrees at each adjustment.  

Tried an 86GT at Tsukuba wet.  75% felt great, less movement to get it turned in and correcting oversteer took less of a hack.  50% was okay, much better for correcting oversteer quickly but easier to overload the fronts.  25% was way too easy to overload the fronts (ineffective), but would probably be neat for a super racecar (like F1 if there were F1s in 6).  100% was back to normal.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/'

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 Wheel-10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 pm

sub'd
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 am

Discovery World has a show called American Iron: Muscle Cars. It's American Muscle Car 2.0, hosted by Chip Foose.
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 18x625kssp0iigif

Speaking of American Muscle Car: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hg3-ygwIqIlV91K9INgmLw253Z_JQfc
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Forgetful wrote:http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/driversports-sub-blog-1569088646/all

Jalopnik is looking for ideas for a sub-blog.
Matt Hardibro wrote:
Sincerely, thanks for sharing. I think this is a promising idea and I'd definitely love to have you involved if we do it. Do you know anyone who covers this world who is a nice fit for this? I'd love to hear it.

Anyone wanna blog about sim racing?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Kinda figured you were volunteering yourself for that.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:10 pm

clacksman wrote:Kinda figured you were volunteering yourself for that.

I don't think I could write enough quality content for a full time blog. Who do we know that could?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah, what's the story post rate to keep up with simracing news?  4 per week?  ~500 words a day average is a lot to do when not doing so from work.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Forgetful wrote:http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/driversports-sub-blog-1569088646/all

Very ambitious project Thumbs Up!  Take the top 3 from each individual sim league and instantly get the 'why my sim is best' validation in the form of the next up and coming Jalop driver. Love it.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

clacksman wrote:Yeah, what's the story post rate to keep up with simracing news?  4 per week?  ~500 words a day average is a lot to do when not doing so from work.

I don't get much free time at work anymore, but I could probably pound out the basic news regurgitation, especially if I...

I don't know, I feel like I should at least give it a go. I mean, I've got the attention of the Editor of Jalopnik... I'm just not sure if my writing is worth publishing.

Other than new games and content news, what would provide regular content?

iRacing pro series coverage (also coverage of popular leagues for other sims)
Nismo Athlete/Simers Gone Pro coverage
Equipment reviews
Highlight quality leagues
Sim-Picture of the Day
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 pm

group44 wrote:

Very ambitious project Thumbs Up!  Take the top 3 from each individual sim league and instantly get the 'why my sim is best' validation in the form of the next up and coming Jalop driver. Love it.

My mind has wandered far enough with it to imagine an entire field full of championship caliber sim racers in Skippys or Spec Miatas, racing for a championship. The whole ladder could be called "The Road To Reality". Laughing
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next