DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo News and Information I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo News and Information

+13
vkaifh
MasterGT
redsoxboy80
Rooster722
group44
robiker
RackAttack
mmacek96
HWKII
timneyb
clacksman
Revengel
Forgetful
17 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information Empty Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  Forgetful Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Please use this thread to share any and all general GT related info.

Maintenance and Update December 19/20

Gran Turismo News and Information CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13
First order of business, GT5 hits the pits for maintenance tonight with the 2.02 update and some DLC incoming shortly thereafter.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6149.html
The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 12/19/2011 22:00 EST
Finish: 12/19/2011 23:00 EST

During the maintenance, you will not be able to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact time of the maintenance may slightly vary.

Gran Turismo News and Information 6507730359_c5a2964d8a Gran Turismo News and Information 6507730267_e3eaf7cd23
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/14/gran-turismo-5-new-dlc-and-update-2-02-coming-next-week/
Hey GT fans! We’re excited to announce all of the new content coming to Gran Turismo 5
next week, including our second round of DLC. Next week you’ll be able
to download Car Pack 2 for $3.99 and add some fantastic new rides to
your garage. Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen
Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012
Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

There’s more good news, because as a special gift anyone who purchased
anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo
Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free.
The refresh cards will take any car back to being ‘as good as new’ while
maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors.
To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to install the new
downloadable update hitting next week.

The free downloadable update coming next week will also add several
new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A
few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:

• Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
  • The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
  • In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes,
    aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will
    affect performance points and engine power, before and after their
    application
  • Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change
    oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10
    coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have
    downloaded the 2.02 update)
  • Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the
    Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once,
    rather than doing one at a time
  • In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are
    displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events,
    pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the
    Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
  • In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
  • In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now
    ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each
    event
  • Improved racing sound effects
  • Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked
As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who
downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86
2012 to add to their in-game collection.

One more note: Those who purchased the course and/or vehicle DLC that
was released in October will be able to download Family Upgrade unlocks
for free from the store. This means that if you bought the Racing Car
Pack, Course Pack, or the ‘Complete Pack’ that contained both of these,
by downloading the free Family Upgrade items, the content will now be
accessible to more than just the user account that purchased the
content. Family members or friends using the same PS3
can all use the courses and cars. Note that the upgrade doesn’t apply
to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack, and starting next week,
new purchases will not have the restriction in place.

And don’t forget, there’s only one week left to compete in the special GT5 Time Trial Challenge and unlock a special edition Nissan GT-R for your garage. We hope you enjoy the free game updates, new cars and new batch of DLC. Drive safe!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  Revengel Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 pm

So...I'm curious about reviews of the 86 from the locals. Not that this is something I was waiting for with baited breath (that would be the Ferrari 288 GTO '84 if they ever do that) but I'm actually curious as to what folks think.

I like driving in lower PP cars; I feel the subtle changes in speed, course & suspension mean more (especially the line you take!) than in higher powered cars.
Revengel
Revengel

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Revengel wrote:So...I'm curious about reviews of the 86 from the locals. Not that this is something I was waiting for with baited breath (that would be the Ferrari 288 GTO '84 if they ever do that) but I'm actually curious as to what folks think.

I like driving in lower PP cars; I feel the subtle changes in speed, course & suspension mean more (especially the line you take!) than in higher powered cars.

Mr.F and I did a 5-lapper at Tsukuba last night post-update. No tuning outside brakes and not even oil changed or wheels'd for both of us, so just under 200hp and stock 1230kg weight. The default Sports Hards are difficult to slide, but then we're sorta kinda used to Comforts. Car is at least good.

Smile
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Turns out there's a FT86 Spec II Concept '11 to be had.

Gran Turismo News and Information Ahrweiler-TownSquare-3

If you bought more than one of the same DLC it's a free gift. So, if you bought the complete pack, go buy a paint pack now and you'll be in on the goods.

I did not get one right away despite having bought several paint packs soon after they came out. Through this process I learned that in getting a refund for not getting my plus discount the first time around that they actually removed the DLC from my DL history, so the game didn't think I had the DLC pack, despite still having all the stuff in my garages, closets and paint cans. But, when I went to buy a RX-7 TC, it wouldn't let me, saying I hadn't installed the DLC pack.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:38 pm

What did the update do for us?

You can now buy the Toyota 86 GT '12 in the Toyota dealership. No purchase necessary. I now know why they call it the 86 GT... It's part AE86 throwback, part 2000GT Throwback:

Gran Turismo News and Information Toyota_2000_GT_1968
Gran Turismo News and Information 2012-Toyota-GT-86-Side-2-1280x960
The lifted, pointy nose, the arc of the hood, the cut of the side windows and bottom of the door, all from the 2000GT.

There's now a NO ABS button in the online lobbies Twisted Evil

Tire wear is now staggered depending on tire type. Softs wear fast, medium and hards are slower and slowest to wear.

Wind noise is much different, especially in roof cams. It builds to become very loud and drowns out most other noise at high speed.

Chase cam is now 'dynamic', in that it has a fluid bounce to it as if it's on suspension of it's own and it really moves with the car and track.

They gave DLC buyers 5 Car Refresh tickets to restore a car to its original condition. It removes paint, rims, and parts. Not sure, but I assume it also removes engine wear and chassis degredation, and I would laugh if it rolls back the odometer like some shady chop shop. What a Face

We also got 10 vouchers for car washes, oil changes, chassis and engine refreshes. The chassis and engine should be saved for expensive cars (that cost 1,000,000cr. to restore entirely) such as FGTs, LMP cars and the like.

None of these cards are sendable. Sad

Apparently the pit glitch while saving enduros at Tsukuba is fixed, as is the auto pit entry once the car takes over.

Seasonal events now award stars for each track. Collect all 5 stars and you get a Free Car Gift Card. Go back through the one's you've completed already to make this pay raise a retro-active one.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:43 am

I wondered where/how you got the '11 concept.

Also, Rev:
Stock 86 GT has not enough rear spring to deal with bankings/compressions (Cape Ring/Trial Mountain etc). On a flat track it's okay. Buy a suspension and increase rear spring for acceptable handling in bankings/compressions.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Revengel Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:12 pm

clacksman wrote:I wondered where/how you got the '11 concept.

Also, Rev:
Stock 86 GT has not enough rear spring to deal with bankings/compressions (Cape Ring/Trial Mountain etc). On a flat track it's okay. Buy a suspension and increase rear spring for acceptable handling in bankings/compressions.

Thank you very muchly! I actually took mine out for a spin (I actually haven't grabbed the Spec II out of the trailer yet) and it felt fairly solid...but that was a flat track.

santa
Revengel
Revengel

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 am

Here's the US version of the NSX vid

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6188.html

Cool superbanked track and some sort of night road and some sort of harbour road seen, but we've seen more road in these promo vids that we don't have yet.

Apparently you can get this free thru GTTV or the PS Store.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 am

clacksman wrote:Here's the US version of the NSX vid

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6188.html

Cool superbanked track and some sort of night road and some sort of harbour road seen, but we've seen more road in these promo vids that we don't have yet.

Apparently you can get this free thru GTTV or the PS Store.

Sweet.

I wonder if they model that 4 wheel independent kers systeme properly, considering how badly the Prius TC is modeled. I did not lose any gas in the enduro I ran with it.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 am

timneyb wrote:I wonder if they model that 4 wheel independent kers systeme properly, considering how badly the Prius TC is modeled. I did not lose any gas in the enduro I ran with it.

LOL
I noticed that the Prius TC, once the battery is 75% or under capacity, will accelerate without throttle input or battery consumption.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

That's like KERS extreme; and it's a full 4 wheel drive system where the 2 front wheels are totally independent and not driven by the gasoline engine. According to the diagramming in the video, the motor driving one wheel is even capable of recharging the battery while that wheel has it's rotation retarded by virtue of being on the inside of a corner, while the other motor is driving he outside wheel. The rear wheels are both powered by a gasoline engine, apparently mounted directly between the rear wheels, with some kind of insane digital torque distributor, or perhaps LSD (hard to tell / read the diagrams... must ... download high rez...).

I ... must have one. I will settle for a digital one. What a Face If you'll excuse me I ... need a tissue!

I have to say though... I don't know that it LOOKS better than the original NSX. Embarassed
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

HWKII wrote:According to the diagramming in the video, the motor driving one wheel is even capable of recharging the battery while that wheel has it's rotation retarded by virtue of being on the inside of a corner

You overthought that. On hybrid/electric cars, any deceleration is somewhere you can get energy from. What they're doing is slowing the inside wheel and speeding up the outside wheel to aid turning.
Furthermore Honda has been doing torque splitting via active diffs on street cars since the 90s (google Prelude SH), it's neat to see them take it another step beyond that and the more recent SH-AWD (various Acuras) and apply it like this.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 am

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:According to the diagramming in the video, the motor driving one wheel is even capable of recharging the battery while that wheel has it's rotation retarded by virtue of being on the inside of a corner

You overthought that. On hybrid/electric cars, any deceleration is somewhere you can get energy from. What they're doing is slowing the inside wheel and speeding up the outside wheel to aid turning.
Furthermore Honda has been doing torque splitting via active diffs on street cars since the 90s (google Prelude SH), it's neat to see them take it another step beyond that and the more recent SH-AWD (various Acuras) and apply it like this.

If you look at the graphics when they show the NSX in the banked turn, the inside wheel (the slower one) shows the word "Regeneration" with a green arrow going in to the battery box, while the outside wheel has an orange arrow going away from the battery and the label says "Drive". All I meant was that the motors are able to harvest independently. Evidence at 1'53. Smile

My amazement at the diff was the fact that it all seems to be crammed in to an impossible small space, with the engine all but mounted with a drive-shaft to each rear wheel.

It's still not as pretty as the original Wink
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:55 am

It has THREE electric motors. There's one in the dual-clutch at the rear! Shocked
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 am

Off topic now, but ... can't believe I missed that FT86 Mk II... Must have! Paint Pack here I come! bounce
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 am

HWKII wrote:Off topic now, but ... can't believe I missed that FT86 Mk II... Must have! Paint Pack here I come! bounce

I can send you one if that doesn't work for you.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:03 am

http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-aventador-route-x-circuit-more-in-leaked-gt5-2-03-details/
Lamborghini Aventador, “Route X” Circuit, & More in Reported GT5 2.03 Details
Gran Turismo 5 January 10th, 2012 by Jordan

Apparent information about Gran Turismo 5′s third round of DLC has appeared here in GTPlanet’s forums. According to “Space Empire”, GT5′s 2.03 update will be launched on January 18th, and will include a few of the following new changes and features:

New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.

New downloadable content packs will, reportedly, also become available. The “Speed Test Pack” will include the new “Special Stage Route X Oval” revealed in the recent Honda NSX Concept video, and Car Pack 3 will include the following new vehicles:

Nissan Leaf G 2011
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
Volkswagen Volkswagen 1200 1966
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

As always, until this information is officially announced and verified, things could change, so you’d be wise to temper your expectations. Regardless, this appears to be legitimate information, so stay tuned for further details as they develop.

Special thanks goes to Space Empire for discovering and sharing this material, and thanks to Carlos Fandango and diegorborges for making me aware of it on such short notice!
Want More?

You should follow GTPlanet on Facebook, and on Twitter @GTPlanetNews. You can also get GTPlanet's news by full-text RSS feed, or delivered via email, straight to your inbox every day.
Gran Turismo News and Information User204729_pic39466_1326250653Gran Turismo News and Information User204729_pic39467_1326250653-638x178Gran Turismo News and Information User204729_pic39468_1326250653-638x178Gran Turismo News and Information User204729_pic39469_1326250653-638x358

bounce
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 am

Gran Turismo News and Information New-2012-aston-martin-v12-vantage-zagato-1Gran Turismo News and Information Jaguar_XJR9Gran Turismo News and Information Mini-countryman-02
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 am

I mean really... Embarassed When a car is upgraded like that it really is a whole new beast. I don't know if I can contain myself, because, sure, we have one in the game already, but the old one has a smaller motor. Now that we've got the 1200cc Beetle I don't now if I can contain myself. Shocked
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 am

They had me at "Vantage" but "Aventador"? *Homer drooling sound*

I have only one other thought; gief NSX Concept nao!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

$@#&*($ yeah! Leaf and Countryman!
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 pm

New seasonals:
Gran Turismo News and Information 2012_1_11_19_55_46

Gran Turismo News and Information 2012_1_11_19_55_53

Gran Turismo News and Information 2012_1_11_19_55_27

Gran Turismo News and Information 2012_1_11_19_55_30

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:19 am

My TT#27 Spa wet pic isn't as HR as any of yours, but I like it.

lrn2pick cars people

Gran Turismo News and Information Inearlyftw
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 am

clacksman wrote:My TT#27 Spa wet pic isn't as HR as any of yours, but I like it.

I got a hauppague unit. Iz gud. Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 pm

2.03 stuff announced in euroland. 6 euros for the cars, 4 euros for the track.

And this vague-ish quote:
Launching alongside this brand new DLC pack will be Functionality Update 2.03 which will bring with it even more brand new features and functionality, to yet further enhance your Gran Turismo experience.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/01/12/new-gran-turismo-dlc-and-update-incoming/

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next