DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Where have you been young man? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Where have you been young man?

+3
HWKII
Forgetful
Wallhugger60
7 posters

Go down

Where have you been young man? Empty Where have you been young man?

Post  Wallhugger60 Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 am

Hey guys, figured I should check in since it's been a few months. Don't know how the hell that happened but it did lol. I'm sure you remember that I went to Georgia (or maybe not) back in May to look around. Well we did and really liked the Savannah area. So we've done some homework and moved up our plans by a few years to make a move. We're going back down this coming Wednesday thru Sunday to look at houses. Have 8 I think to look at with a real estate agent. Hopefully we'll be find something we like and be able to make an offer.

The other thing that's happening is I'm starting a business there as well. I've been running an axle repair (http://www.mobileaxlerepair.com/home.php ) business now for almost 10 years front to back and did some checking down in Georgia and found it's wide open with no one the Savannah area. Made some calls and got a good response so I looked into some financing and I'm good to go. Things are moving smoothly and quickly. I figure to do all this by early next spring unless it makes more sense to do it earlier. So that's where I been Very Happy .

Won't be able to make the 9th, but should be able to join you guys after that for that new series...looks good.
And nice ride Forget. There's a guy on my way home that has that car and it's the same color and I have to be careful not to drool on myself as I drive by.

Talk to ya ( or should I say ya'll) soon,

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Where have you been young man? Empty Re: Where have you been young man?

Post  Forgetful Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey congrats Wall, glad to hear you've got a great opportunity for starting your business down there. When you grow so big that you're ready to run a race team out of the back of the shop you know where to come looking for drivers. Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Forgetful wrote:Hey congrats Wall, glad to hear you've got a great opportunity for starting your business down there. When you grow so big that you're ready to run a race team out of the back of the shop you know where to come looking for driversVery Happy

And Team Principals! bounce

... Or the fat guy that sprays the fuel filler at the end of the pit stop. silent

That sounds awesome Wall, glad things are going smooth. Looking forward to having you back sometime!
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Nice to hear you are doing well Tracy.  I'm certain you'll make the best of this excellent opportunity to start from scratch.  Good luck on the house hunt and hope to see you again soon.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Once next week is out of the way I should be able to get some seat time. Lookin at houses and then talkin to real estate peeps and then buyin the new truck has me a bit frazzled lol. Then being very busy at work means not much time for nuttin fun. If things go right we'll be making an offer on one of the houses on the list. Then I can breath. Gotta feelin the next nine months are gonna fly. When the hell did we get spell check lol.

Tracy
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 am

Noice, best of luck etc. I have facebook friends in/from Georgia; good roads for BMWs/FR-Ss abound. Maybe not so good for work trucks full'o welding stuffs though.

Wallhugger60 wrote:When the hell did we get spell check lol.

... we have spel krek?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 pm

clacksman wrote:Noice, best of luck etc.  I have facebook friends in/from Georgia; good roads for BMWs/FR-Ss abound.  Maybe not so good for work trucks full'o welding stuffs though.  

Wallhugger60 wrote:When the hell did we get spell check lol.

... we have spel krek?

I'm thinking yes with the red squiggly lines I get all the time lol. Including lol, lol.
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:11 am

I have that turned off in Chrome apparently.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:10 pm

This is great news Tracy! I go to Savannah once or twice a year for tracks days at Roebling Road in Pooler. Next time I head up there I'll make sure to give you a heads up so we can hook up. If I'm heading up for a track day I may be able to give you a ride in something (passenger seat pending).

Roebling is a fun and fast track.

Congrats on the move!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:This is great news Tracy! I go to Savannah once or twice a year for tracks days at Roebling Road in Pooler. Next time I head up there I'll make sure to give you a heads up so we can hook up. If I'm heading up for a track day I may be able to give you a ride in something (passenger seat pending).

Roebling is a fun and fast track.

Congrats on the move!
Thanks John and everybody Very Happy . Well, we found a house made an offer, played a little back and forth with the price and will be closing on it Sept. 20th...whew. Been a crazy few weeks to say the least. The house is in Richmond Hill, which is not far at all from Pooler, maybe 10-15 minutes. We looked at a few there. Haven't checked about track days there but I will once we're there fer sher. Not done driving SM's yet lol. Bringin my helmet Smile . Definitely up for meeting you in the spring if we can.

The business is progressing well and I'll be picking up my truck next Saturday morning in VA. and driving it back. That'll be good to finally have it so I can start my build out and get the machines and tools set up. I'll keep y'all (Cool ) posted as things progress.

Tracy
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Glad to here things are moving forward nicely.  Never been to Roebling, but I might have to reconsider that for next season.  Maybe I'll stop by and you can show me how a real welder does things Wink
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:18 am

group44 wrote:Never been to Roebling,
How about watched Motorweek ever? Laughing 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Wow, Loads of HPDE stuff on the schedule.....Sweet
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 am

clacksman wrote:
How about watched Motorweek ever?  Laughing 
Maybe once or twice. Very Happy 

Nice to find a way to spend your money before you make it Wall.  I've looked at doing a track class near me, and it ain't cheap (understandably).  What kind or cars does Roebling use?  Mid-Ohio has local Honda's, and if I remember correctly it was either Barber or Road Atlanta was Porsches (including the Cayenne scratch ).
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 pm

group44 wrote:and if I remember correctly it was either Barber or Road Atlanta was Porsches (including the Cayenne scratch ).
Good lord... are they automatics too? Sleep
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Nice to hear you're having a good time setting up in a new place. I might have to do similar, depending on where I find a position in the next year. It's nice to see that such a transition is survivable Smile

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:54 pm

group44 wrote:
clacksman wrote:
How about watched Motorweek ever?  Laughing 
Maybe once or twice. Very Happy 

Nice to find a way to spend your money before you make it Wall.  I've looked at doing a track class near me, and it ain't cheap (understandably).  What kind or cars does Roebling use?  Mid-Ohio has local Honda's, and if I remember correctly it was either Barber or Road Atlanta was Porsches (including the Cayenne scratch ).
Lol G, Yea the one time I rented the SM it was $300.00 for the day and $895.00 for the car. That was also LRP which is the most expensive for track days. I'm sure with all the different clubs in the area the variety of rentals is more than just Hondas or Porsches. The track days seem to run $250 or so. I also may have a Miata in my future. So there's that too. Track days are less when you don't need an instructor, usually less than $200. There were at least half a dozen orgs. doing scheduled days and they had a full schedule almost every month. Might look at findin a guy that works on SM's that needs someone to weld roll cages and trade for car usage. Anyway, lots to do before I am able to get involved with that. But it's very close lol Twisted Evil  to where I'm gonna live.

And yea Tim, it's definitely survivable. I wish it could happen quicker. Everything is going smoothly so I'm thinking it is the right move at the right time. If it's too much of a fight just to get things done, then it's prolly not gonna work out as it should, or minimally gonna give you an ulcer.

Tracy
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 am

No shortage of road-course type tracks in the southeast or clubs that rent them.  

Rolling Eyes ---> Cool ---> alien
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 pm

http://axleman.com/index.html

Website is up Cool Looks great Wall. Tell your better half I dig the logo.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks G, I'll tell her  Very Happy. Just got back from trip #3 to GA. Gettin close to the final day. Planning to leave for good April 19th. Not much left in the house now. Freakin 25 degrees here in CT. and it was in the 70's there  Evil or Very Mad. Just made it thru the storm comin into Baltimore and DC yesterday. Thank God it was before rush hour lol. Got my rig and tv and stuff in a room all apart...looked sad sitting the disassembled. Gonna have to remedy that once I'm there for good. Try to do better keepin you guys up to speed. Everything for the past two months has been a blur  Shocked. Talk to y'all later  Cool
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum