Log in

I forgot my password

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44


GTA V General Discussion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:41 pm

I know there are some other violent, dangerous yet conflicted and moralistic ex-cons here just itching to get back in the big-heist-game with a return to the Los Santos area, so here's a thread for us.

I just happen to be off work tomorrow, so I might actually head up to EBola games at midnight tonight to pick-up my copy.

I wrapped up TBOGT last night as a warm-up for the big event. Finished TLaD a while ago. Interesting to see how they tested the waters with three lead characters brushing past eachother in the same city/storyline. Obviously our new anti-protagonists are going to be directly involved with eachother throught the length of the game, whereas the characters in IV were involved in their own stories. Kinda seems like the DLC for IV was all just working out kinks and prepping for V.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 am

We have spoiler tags, so please use them Cool

Spoiler:
Holy crap, at 10:45 there were about 100 people lined up outside EBola games.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 am

Forgetful wrote:We have spoiler tags, so please use them Cool

Holy crap, at 10:45 there were about 100 people lined up outside EBola games.
They moved through over 300 people in 20 minutes! Shocked

They kind of cheated though, they pre-rang up everyone that had lined up all day so they were just handing out games for the first 15 mins or so. I left my house at 10 to midnight and am home to post this at 40 past, so props to the Kamloops EBola Games for their proficiency. clap
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 am

Dat paper map Smile
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 am

Not dat installing time, but dat loading screen drawings.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:34 am

So I tried to pause during the second 'intrutorial' mission and it almost killed my ps3. After a couple of consecutive freezes more than a couple of attempted deletes and reinstalls of the game data and a spat where it refused to read the disc at all, I'm finally back to making progress reinstalling the game data.Rolling Eyes
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  clacksman on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 am

Forgetful wrote:I know there are some other violent, dangerous yet conflicted and moralistic ex-cons here just itching to get back in the big-heist-game with a return to the Los Santos area, so here's a thread for us.

I just happen to be off work tomorrow, so I might actually head up to EBola games at midnight tonight to pick-up my copy.

I wrapped up TBOGT last night as a warm-up for the big event. Finished TLaD a while ago. Interesting to see how they tested the waters with three lead characters brushing past eachother in the same city/storyline. Obviously our new anti-protagonists are going to be directly involved with eachother throught the length of the game, whereas the characters in IV were involved in their own stories. Kinda seems like the DLC for IV was all just working out kinks and prepping for V.
I liked the Episodes concept - same city, new people.  Seriously wonder if they had the three-dudes-simulplay idea before IV or after.  The GTA.net boards have a chronological timeline with which to play through IV 'in real time'.  Was tempted to try it, but switching the DLC disc in and out would be too tedious.
  
Forgetful wrote:
Forgetful wrote:We have spoiler tags, so please use them Cool

Holy crap, at 10:45 there were about 100 people lined up outside EBola games.
They moved through over 300 people in 20 minutes! Shocked

They kind of cheated though, they pre-rang up everyone that had lined up all day so they were just handing out games for the first 15 mins or so. I left my house at 10 to midnight and am home to post this at 40 past, so props to the Kamloops EBola Games for their proficiency. clap
Noice.

Forgetful wrote:So I tried to pause during the second 'intrutorial' mission and it almost killed my ps3. After a couple of consecutive freezes more than a couple of attempted deletes and reinstalls of the game data and a spat where it refused to read the disc at all, I'm finally back to making progress reinstalling the game data.Rolling Eyes
in during rage posts on several boards about 'THIS GAME KILLED MY CONSOLE' when it was just typical end-of-life-hours coming up.  Kind of funny to see it anytime a game launches.

Also; why did I forget EBola doesn't do tradeins on a big release day?  Mad

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Saying GTA V bricked my console would be like saying an 80 year old man's last cigarette killed him. Sure, it may have lead to the coughing fit that caused his hear failure, but time was up.

Anyway, would work last night at all, just finished the install again this morning and it's gone farther than before, so here's to killin stuff.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Oh that intro-tutorial is good Very Happy
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  RackAttack on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Hopefully my SSD will help smooth the install process for me, though I'm a bit worried about my old PS3 (2nd Gen 80GB) holding up.  I'm picking it up at lunch time and won't be able to start the install till I get home.
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Install takes less than 15 mins on my slim. But it seems my laser is dying, so I've arranged to sell my disc to a buddies brother and I've bought some PSN cards so I can download it from the PS store, which I didn't know was an option. Oh well, I'm keeping the paper map.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  RackAttack on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Install was painless, game is spectacular.  Anyone know if there's a way to see the mission objectives required to get a Gold prior to doing the mission?

Landed a 747 at the crappy dirt airport in the middle of the island and didn't even use half of the runway. I feel like that thing might have a slightly lower stall speed than would be considered realistic.

Took off again and tried to land at the military base.  Did not succeed.
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I am thusfar very happy with the game. First things first, the shooting is much better. Actually kind of reminds me of certain Socom games in the feel of the guns. Driving is also much improved. Gone is that floating and swaying from past games. It's solid and grippy. I must say that holding 'O' to focus on the car your chasing is actually useful the way it works now. You can actually still control your car with some sense of where you're going and it slows time down a bit to make tight squeezes easier.

I spent most of the evening working through the base missions and working Franklin's stats up. I've got his Special, Stamina and Driving skills all topped out, since they were fairly high to start with. Took him to the shooting range to get started on that skill since he needs work with firearms.

I'm to the point where Franklin and Michael have started working together and I have to switch back and forth between the two of them. Time to boost Michael's skills as well. He's a good shooter, but his driving and stamina need work.

I want to push side missions and skills as far as I can before I move through the story too quickly, but in typical fashion there's only so much you can do early on and you have to progress to unlock a lot of stuff.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  RackAttack on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I've developed a strange fondness for the Feltzer.  It sucked in GTA IV, but I love it in GTA V.  Something about the stutter when it upshifts just makes me happy.

I'm modding one and keeping it in Franklin's garage for street racing use.  Franklin's special ability seems to make the street races fairly easy in most cases (though I've only done 3 so far).

Edit: Also, I have yet to be able to login to the iFruit app.  Were you able to Stephen?
Edit2: Literally the moment I was typing that, it finally let me log in, so... j/k
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  RackAttack on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 pm

I think we need a DriverSports "Crew" on Social Club.  I imagine that will actually matter when they turn on GTA Online.
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  HWKII on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:35 pm

RackAttack wrote:I think we need a DriverSports "Crew" on Social Club.  I imagine that will actually matter when they turn on GTA Online.
Can our gang sign by to mime downshifting? Because everyone who has ever seen a movie knows that you can always downshift to go faster.

_________________
...Just imagine: Most of them used to have engines in the front, a seat instead of a bed, and no wings. Not like cars at all.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
avatar
HWKII

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 33
Location : Renton, WA

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am

RackAttack wrote:I've developed a strange fondness for the Feltzer.  It sucked in GTA IV, but I love it in GTA V.  Something about the stutter when it upshifts just makes me happy.

I'm modding one and keeping it in Franklin's garage for street racing use.  Franklin's special ability seems to make the street races fairly easy in most cases (though I've only done 3 so far).

Edit: Also, I have yet to be able to login to the iFruit app.  Were you able to Stephen?
Edit2: Literally the moment I was typing that, it finally let me log in, so... j/k
That iFruit app has been hit or miss since launch, but it's getting better.

I just found the Veyron-wannabe and parked it in the big garage in Los Santos with Trevor (locked out of Mike and Franklin ATM). You're deffinately right about Franklin's special ability making it easy to win the races. Just use it through any tight corners and you smoke the competition. The offroad racing with Trevor seems pretty good. Just did my first one of those last night. I also drove the Jeep-ish up to the west side of the moutain all the way up to the tram. It was a pretty satisfying, albeit pointless exercise. It did lead to my first base jump and parachute session, which is much improved over TBOGT.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 am








avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  clacksman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:13 am

I accidentally the whole story over the weekend.  Replay value detected (basically, take all 'other' options).

Game's fantastic.  Few hiccups with loading environments making some cutscenes look broken.  AI traffic does wacky lane changes and turns sometimes.  Otherwise glorious.

dat view the first time you copter up high
dat Trevor lunacy general

I drove most of the way up Mt Chiliad in Trevor's red truck ... then a rock kicked me off the trail sending me crashing all the way down.  I may or may not have been hauling ass at the time.  Then next time I was Trevor he was waking up drunk wearing a dress halfway up Mt Gordo (the one to the east).

Also yeah a crew could be handy.  DSR (Driver Sports Racing) or DSRF (... Forum) or DSOG (... Original Gangsters).

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 am

clacksman wrote:I accidentally the whole story over the weekend.  Replay value detected (basically, take all 'other' options).

Game's fantastic.  Few hiccups with loading environments making some cutscenes look broken.  AI traffic does wacky lane changes and turns sometimes.  Otherwise glorious.

dat view the first time you copter up high
dat Trevor lunacy general

I drove most of the way up Mt Chiliad in Trevor's red truck ... then a rock kicked me off the trail sending me crashing all the way down.  I may or may not have been hauling ass at the time.  Then next time I was Trevor he was waking up drunk wearing a dress halfway up Mt Gordo (the one to the east).

Also yeah a crew could be handy.  DSR (Driver Sports Racing) or DSRF (... Forum) or DSOG (... Original Gangsters).
Lol. I can see how you might plow through the whole story. Nicely done. 

Trevor might be one of the all time great characters.  I was hopping from character to character and all of a sudden there's Trevor on a scooter, on the highway, following another guy on a scooter. He started going with lines about being 'scooter buddies', so I followed him for a while and Trevor kept going for a couple of miles. It was hilariously random and pointless.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  clacksman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am

Forgetful wrote:Lol. I can see how you might plow through the whole story. Nicely done. 
And now, once more, with feeling (and side missions, and activities, etc).

Forgetful wrote:Trevor might be one of the all time great characters.  I was hopping from character to character and all of a sudden there's Trevor on a scooter, on the highway, following another guy on a scooter. He started going with lines about being 'scooter buddies', so I followed him for a while and Trevor kept going for a couple of miles. It was hilariously random and pointless.
LOL

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm

avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Forgetful on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 pm



Lol, turns out Scooter Brothers is an easter egg that is a nod to this video.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  clacksman on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:42 am

lol nods to IV

Spoiler:
I found, and subsequently hired as gunman, Packie

Best cars?
Benefactor Saruno (it's an SLS-y clone, not the Serrano SUV), great for racing as Frank with the top down. I like any pickup truck, but the Sandking XL (clone of a lifted Super Duty on mudders) is glorious offroad - get one and go to the outlet of the Zancudo river and floor the hell out of it.

Rain doesn't reduce grip much, especially on grass - I drove an Oracle up a mountain in the rain. All you have to do is keep it from shifting into second (kills momentum).

Franks special gives horsepower as well as slowed time; save a good blast for the run to the checker in case you crash on the last lap. I think the AIdiots are rigged to not be farther back from you than one mistake can cost. A cheap version of this is possible off-mission for all three guys - hold down on D-pad for switch, you can still brake/throttle/steer in the slowed time.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Howdy guys .... Smile

Noticed Forgetful and Group out playing this ...... happy to see a thread here on it.  I'm roughly 40% through the game, and although it is my first GTA game, I am thoroughly enjoying it.  So much to do and see and shoot and kill and bomb and have s*x with .... ooops. Shocked Smile 

If you guys put a Crew together for Online which starts next tuesday, I'd surely like to join you.

I've certainly missed hanging out here and sharing the track with you all.  Any plans for racing in GT6?  Geez, I hope so .... I'd be back here in a flash.

Lets go blow something up in the mean time.....Twisted Evil 

Later gents, AgentWD40

_________________

avatar
AgentWD40_FL

Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 46
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum