I forgot my password

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

GTA V General Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GTA V General Discussion

Post  clacksman on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:... my first GTA game
Wow. Also; howdy. Smile 

Was making getaway from the docks in the middle of the night. Stole the flatnosed big rig, hid behind some dumpsters because cops had all the roads covered. Once unwanted, backed it up to a Piswasser trailer, and drove off with it. Got onto the horbour bridge with the blue lights, mixed into traffic of several other bigrigs and huge box vans and just as I got to the crest and could see the city skyline the post-mission cellphone call ended and the radio faded up playing CW Mccalls Convoy.

Best moment ever.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 am

clacksman wrote:lol nods to IV

Spoiler:
I found, and subsequently hired as gunman, Packie

Best cars?
Benefactor Saruno (it's an SLS-y clone, not the Serrano SUV), great for racing as Frank with the top down.  I like any pickup truck, but the Sandking XL (clone of a lifted Super Duty on mudders) is glorious offroad - get one and go to the outlet of the Zancudo river and floor the hell out of it.

Rain doesn't reduce grip much, especially on grass - I drove an Oracle up a mountain in the rain.  All you have to do is keep it from shifting into second (kills momentum).

Franks special gives horsepower as well as slowed time; save a good blast for the run to the checker in case you crash on the last lap.  I think the AIdiots are rigged to not be farther back from you than one mistake can cost.  A cheap version of this is possible off-mission for all three guys - hold down on D-pad for switch, you can still brake/throttle/steer in the slowed time.
Spoiler:
I met Packie pretty early on, but never hired him for a job.

Finished the story last night. Pretty damn impressed.
Spoiler:
Did you go with A, B or C? 

I like the Ferrari knock-off, but it was a little tricky at the limit. The new Coquette is probably the best all around car, IMO. Did most of my racing in whatever I could find, won the last car race Frank's Buffalo. Using his special skill on tight corners will give you a gap, and then like clacksman said, save it for the end just in case.

More important than the cars, however, is the music. I wasn't impressed with the radio early on, it didn't seem as funny, but as I worked through the stations it got better. I got in the habit of listening to a certain station with each character. Franklin listened to West Coast Classics most of the time and Michael the rock station, pretty obvious choices. Trevor, however, was a massive pop-whore, listening to Non-Stop-Pop constantly. He's a huge Fergie fan.

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:22 pm

The combination of a big SUV, Franklin's special ability, and those massive ramps at the airport resulted in at least an hour of giggle inducing slow-mos of said big SUV about 500 ft off the ground off in the distance (from the Stunt Jump Cam) slowly falling back to the ground.

I definitely like the Ferrari knock-off as well, it feels similar to the Feltzer, though I haven't had much time in one.

I also finished the story last night

Spoiler:
Chose C

Spoiler:
Wishing I had waited until after The Big Score to do all of Franklin's Assassination missions, as there is much money to be made on those. I still had one left over so I did that one and doubled up my Big Score monies.

I was perusing the PSN trophies on SocialClub just now and am even more excited for GTA:Online to open up.
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Some of you have finished the story?  Holy Smokies ..... I need to quit my day job. LOL!  I as well like the Ferrari knock off.  I sunk about 100K into it and then parked it in the garage so nobody would steal it.  Another car I thought was real nice is the Dominator(sp?).  It looks like the Gran Turismo Mustang.  Has a nice sound to it, and looks very bada$$.

I found me a hearse and that was a blast ... but I dont know what I did with it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Its not in impound or any of my garages ... I think someone else stole it. Rolling Eyes It had pretty flowers in the back too .... Wink

AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

There seems to be some issues with saving cars in home garages. I'd avoid that and use the big garages you're allotted. BTW, anyone ever get an explanation as to why each of the three characters has a commercial garage in downtown Los Santos?

I chose
Spoiler:
C.

Spoilers related to my final decision:
I was expecting Franklin to pay the price, I just couldn't see him selling anyone out. He mentioned at least once that he wasn't afraid to catch a bullet doing what he was doing It was actually quite satisfying to get the big win. So many movies and game stories have to end with a heart wrenching twist, it's actually surprising to see the main characters ride off in to the sunset. Figured it would be like GTA IV where no matter what you do someone special was going to die. I saved right before the decision, so I'm going to see how the other choices pan out'

I was surprised by how many people I've seen say their choice was to kill Trevor, and that it was a no brainer.

What's funny to is I was just talking to a friend about how psychiatrists would have a great time studying people's decisions in GTA, and sure enough you get a psychiatric evaluation from the shrink after the game. Neat.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:29 am

Forgetful wrote:
Spoilers related to my final decision:

I was surprised by how many people I've seen say their choice was to kill Trevor, and that it was a no brainer.

What's funny to is I was just talking to a friend about how psychiatrists would have a great time studying people's decisions in GTA, and sure enough you get a psychiatric evaluation from the shrink after the game. Neat.
Spoiler:
That's me too; at least on first (rapid) playthrough.  Didn't realize I was at the end mission or I would have hard-saved for rechoosing the other options.
I also liked my shrink evaluation.

re: money
Gruppe Sechs trucks are good for 3-7k.  Keeps me in ammo.
Convenience stores and gas stations are good for $250-750.  Keeps me in the strip club.
I didn't find buying businessess worth it during first playthrough, just not enough weekly income on the easy ones and too much effort/$ on the hard ones ($500 per tow?  puhleeze).
Also
Spoiler:
Second playthrough well underway, will be fully gaming the stock market vs assassination missions so I can buy everything including the golf club after.  Don't forget to sell the stock at it's peak then buy the stock you screwed over at it's low ebb to gain again there too.

Re: radio
I leave whatever is on in the car I'm in on.  (wat ...)
Vinewood Blvd has nothing good; suggesting I'm old.
LS Rock with Kenny Loggins DJing is good; further suggesting I'm old.
Also like West Coast Classics, Soulwax, Rebel, and maybe Flylo.  Haven't found any talk stations particularly funny yet. Many of the ads are decent.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:39 pm

climbing in to an ambulance restores your health.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 am

Forgetful wrote:climbing in to an ambulance restores your health.Very Happy
There's health packs outside all hospital-y places.  $1 soda will also 100% you, but snack/energy bars don't.

Being Trevor general:
>driving at night
>dirt road
>come upon a BF Surfer stopped in the middle of the road, doors open
>think "wat have we here"
>get out of truck
>Trevor: "What have we here?"
>get tased
>lying on ground incapacitated
>some voice to the left: "Well aren't you the prettiest lil' thang?"
>druggy-style fadde to black
>druggy-style fade out of black
>lying on ground
>now in just underwear and boots
>wait, not lying on ground
>lying on railroad track
>train approaching
>Trevor: "Not this again"
>stumble off railroad track just in time

WAT

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:climbing in to an ambulance restores your health.Very Happy
There's health packs outside all hospital-y places.  $1 soda will also 100% you, but snack/energy bars don't.

Being Trevor general:
>driving at night
>dirt road
>come upon a BF Surfer stopped in the middle of the road, doors open
>think "wat have we here"
>get out of truck
>Trevor: "What have we here?"
>get tased
>lying on ground incapacitated
>some voice to the left: "Well aren't you the prettiest lil' thang?"
>druggy-style fadde to black
>druggy-style fade out of black
>lying on ground
>now in just underwear and boots
>wait, not lying on ground
>lying on railroad track
>train approaching
>Trevor: "Not this again"
>stumble off railroad track just in time

WAT
I totally passed that Surfer, but was on my way to something more important to stop. Was curious though and would have stopped otherwise.

Playing a new game from scratch to get the most out of the stock market and to try out some new options, but there are a few things I didn't do differently. 

Spoiler:
Did anyone ignore Amanda and Tracey's calls for help with the shoplifteing and stalker problems?

Spoiler:
I also did one heist the same way, the FIB building raid. The Fireman option didn't seem like as much fun. I assume I can go back and do it the other way through replay. I hope putting up with the shitty lifeinvader hacker guy pays off on the next job. The female driver I found north of Grapeseed paid off though.

Spoiler:
Didn't realize I had missed so much by starting the North Yankton mission with Trevor. The scene starts with him digging up the grave if you started as T, but when you start with Michael you get to drive in to town and hear some flashback story lines that make it a little clearer what exactly happened 10 years ago. I knew there were slightly different lead ins to scenes depending on who you were, but that was a surprising amount of info that I got the second time around. There are also some scenes that just flat out have different lines, saying more or less the exact same thing. Neat.

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:30 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:Some of you have finished the story?  Holy Smokies ..... I need to quit my day job. LOL!
Ha, I hear ya Agent. Been avoiding this thread like the plague until I got at least a couple missions in (thanks for the spoiler tags). Got some seat time yesterday and thought I'd check in. Oh how I love the randomness of it all What a Face
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey ya group!  I really dont have much to contribute to the thread ... I'm only 45% the first time through, and I'm sure to be missing alot of randomness. They could have kept the game just as it is .... and its epic.  No doubt most f what I'm missing is because I've never played a GTA title before ... but I just cant seem to find enough time. LOL

Online starts tomorrow and thats just going to add to not having more of the 'enough time'.  I'm part of a Crew now, and I've also sent friend requests to a few people I found from here, just in case youse guys set up your own Crew. I'd like to be a part of it.  I guess you can go the online route by yourself, but a couple of good reads from the interwebs say that the way to go is in a Crew. Pitting Crew vs. Crew sounds so great .... Very Happy

AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 am

Forgetful wrote:
Playing a new game from scratch to get the most out of the stock market and to try out some new options, but there are a few things I didn't do differently. 

Spoiler:
Did anyone ignore Amanda and Tracey's calls for help with the shoplifteing and stalker problems?

Spoiler:
I also did one heist the same way, the FIB building raid. The Fireman option didn't seem like as much fun. I assume I can go back and do it the other way through replay. I hope putting up with the shitty lifeinvader hacker guy pays off on the next job. The female driver I found north of Grapeseed paid off though.

Spoiler:
Didn't realize I had missed so much by starting the North Yankton mission with Trevor. The scene starts with him digging up the grave if you started as T, but when you start with Michael you get to drive in to town and hear some flashback story lines that make it a little clearer what exactly happened 10 years ago. I knew there were slightly different lead ins to scenes depending on who you were, but that was a surprising amount of info that I got the second time around. There are also some scenes that just flat out have different lines, saying more or less the exact same thing. Neat.
Spoiler:
I did them both because they're easy.  Uh, easy missions, not ... never mind.

Spoiler:
Haven't got to that specific mission on second playthrough yet.  
Spoiler:
People you find (the girl driver who just crashed, Packie, Rickie the lifeinvader hacker guy) appear to always pay off.  I had Rickie as hacker on the jewel heist, made it super tight to totally clear the place but it got done and now he's got real stats at the same low cut.

Spoiler:
Haven't gotten 'more' yet, but I noticed I once got tangibly 'less' intro banter.

Weird nitpicks:
-In IV your car kept running (with radio audible) when you got out unless you held triangle.  In V you can't leave it running or even walk away with the door open.  Why change this and make it worse?
-Still no way for people to get into the back seat of a 2-door car.  Only mention it because there is an animation for people to get into the third-row jumpseats of an SUV by climbing over the second row seats.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:09 pm

http://kotaku.com/the-new-gta-v-title-update-in-addition-to-enabling-gta-1436898450

The New GTA V title update, in addition to enabling GTA Online, fixes a number of other issues players were encountering. Notably, Rockstar says that the lost car-upgrades issue should now be resolved, cash can't get stuck at zero, and players won't be occasionally be locked out of the Vanilla Unicorn strip club. Phew.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Playing the stock market with the asassination missions. So far got a peak of 81.4% on the Debonaire stock. Took about 35 mins. Sold when it plateaued for a few mins. Don't think it was going any higher, but each stock peaks at a different %.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 pm

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51522/gta-online-new-title-update-available-today-and-more.html

Might be able to connect to the online after this. Kept getting invites but couldn't join anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am

I spent about 7 hours online last night .... what a very cool game.  I think its neat how you can call anyone on your friends list from the cellphone.  I hooked up with alot of my Crew that way.  Havent figured out the private room thingey yet, but someone else did and it was nice to have a CREW room.  Keeping the races/missions within the CREW didnt seem to work tho ... outsiders were allowed and sometimes messed things up (dorks).

We did seem to have one person locked out of invites, texting and phoning .... any attempt to contact resulted in disabled, undeliverable, or a busy signal.  We suspect its a setting problem on their end.

Awesome fun ... Smile

AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Weird

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/10/11/gta-5-michael-franklin-and-trevor-in-the-flesh

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:We did seem to have one person locked out of invites, texting and phoning .... any attempt to contact resulted in disabled, undeliverable, or a busy signal.  We suspect its a setting problem on their end.
Wonder if I'm included in this. Any invite I've received up to this point has failed. Once I get an invite and try to join, I get an error and my character won't load. By the time I get it sorted out I'm too late to join. Oh well, plenty of fun to be had in the mean time.
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:52 am

So I'm flying a copter around Los Santos as Trevor just to max the flying stat. Land in some backyard with a cool pool. Pool has a grotto, crappy music is blaring from somewhere, and there's topless girls about.

lol fake playboy mansion

The girls weren't nearly as nice to me (Trevor) as the girls in the vanilla unicorn.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 pm

clacksman wrote:So I'm flying a copter around Los Santos as Trevor just to max the flying stat.  Land in some backyard with a cool pool.  Pool has a grotto, crappy music is blaring from somewhere, and there's topless girls about.  

lol fake playboy mansion

The girls weren't nearly as nice to me (Trevor) as the girls in the vanilla unicorn.
I'd read there was a perfect recreation of the mansion. Neat.

You know you can fill the flying stat by doing about 2/3 of the flight school missions, though I guess with Trevor's initially high flight skill you probably weren't up there for long.

I played through the story again and got "100%" on that game save. 

My final review of the game is that the characters were great. The city and state were amazing. The story was really good. What was lacking was some depth in the side missions beyond the Strangers & Freaks missions, which feel more like part of the story. Basically once you're done the main story and S&Fs, there's just not much left to do offline.

They held it all back for GTA:Online. Which, mind you, is actually kinda fun to play alone. I met up with badaboya1 for a session with a friend once, but all my other sessions have be spent as a lone wolf. You can't do all of the missions and challenges alone, but there are a fair number of them you can. Of course the missions aren't often designed to be beaten by one person, like when you have to go chase down and repo two Coquettes headed in different directions, but if you stick to it it's doable. The open world feels a little thin, they could use some more of the stuff like the car collecting and store robbing. I guess there's impromptu races, deathmatches and gang wars that you can do, so it too seems to open up as you level up.

I made a crew, finally. I sent invites to a couple people but it's glitchy lately. Got a headset too, so if anyone wants to arrange a night to cause some havoc, let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:18 am

Crossed 50% on slow replaythru.

Bought the sonar dock:
Spoiler:
Takes maybe 90 minutes to complete, not sure about minimum time as I got a bit touristy under there. Fun to see all the crap on the sea floor (shipwrecks, planes, castoff military stuff). Pays real well too.

I like the random cop chases of random NPCs happening pretty frequently. Good way to gun-up if you're early on. Extra funny when the inevitable stop-and-gunfight happens; if there's gangbangers about the two cops from the car are seriously outmanned - they don't get any backup.
Also watch out when a cop gets back in the cop car and takes off - he'll squish you if you're in the way.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Lol, if the door gets ripped off of your car the chime keeps dinging.

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:42 am

Forgetful wrote:I made a crew, finally. I sent invites to a couple people but it's glitchy lately. Got a headset too, so if anyone wants to arrange a night to cause some havoc, let me know.
I'm on GTAO quite abit ... well probably too much.  My character online time is something like 12days or almost 300 hours. Rolling Eyes My wife has been great about it. Very Happy  I rarely find my way to open lobbies tho .... I stick to crew sessions. I did notice your crew, but it was a crew of 1, so I thought maybe you were experimenting.  Although SC can be wonky, it works really well in finding/joining/send invites to your friends.

I've spent quite alot of time with badaboya doing missions and such ... and its quite alot of fun in a crew session with 8+ friends. 90% of missions are 4 player max, and we usually split up to do them.  Once completed we all join back up again.  Pretty painless ... Smile

I've had a SC friend request out to you for awhile, but everyones wishes on their online experience are different. But personally, I would have put this game down long ago if I was venturing solo.  It gets boring quick and the lobbies of 12 year olds isnt for me.

You, and anyone else here, is welcome to join the SupaTuna crew. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/supatuna   I'm a commissioner so I can accept your requests right away, We have a ton of fun out there every night with lots of laughs, and they'd love to see you guys.

I'd be more than happy to join your crew as well ... if thats the direction you want to go.

AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:24 am

Forgetful wrote:Lol, if the door gets ripped off of your car the chime keeps dinging.
lolwat

In that vein, the light on the garage on Franklin's first house is on a motion sensor that you can hear 'click' on and off.

Had my first 'car leaking gas trail catching fire' event last night. That was epic. Hadn't had a car explode on me before other than landing arse-first from some failed stunt jump. So, obvious next step, grabbed a highway tractor, trailer'd up, and went out on the freeway side-crushing traffic into the guardrails for about 45 minutes.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

When you get in to a car online the default is often to have the radio off, so you hear a few more things like that incessant dinging that took me 10 mins to figure out where it was coming from.

I've been having fun as a lone wolf out there, but I do need to get in to some multiplayer missions. I think I've about exhausted all of the missions you can do solo, although you can keep doing them over for less $$ and RP.

I'll track you guys down. I've got bada on my list so I'll know where to find you. I wouldn't be too woried about joining the DSDO crew. Doubt much will happen with it now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum