Log in

I forgot my password

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44


Gran Turismo 6 general

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

clacksman wrote:Pause on track, go into the options that also have view darkness, all the way down.
 I love you
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  timneyb on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:43 pm

I lost the source post by Mr F, but were any of the stock GT cars possible at the 15th annual seasonal #3? Hard mode requires no extra parts, other than an oil change, so if not, I'll just give up and go with the obvious TDI LMP1 thing and get it by 10 seconds.

_________________
GTData.net | Everything you need to know about GT Cars | Parts & Tunes!

timneyb

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-11-28
Location : NJ, USA

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:49 pm

timneyb wrote:I lost the source post by Mr F, but were any of the stock GT cars possible at the 15th annual seasonal #3? Hard mode requires no extra parts, other than an oil change, so if not, I'll just give up and go with the obvious TDI LMP1 thing and get it by 10 seconds.

I hopped up the R8 LMS and Nismo GT3 and was off by 7 seconds or more at the 631PP limit. 

Snakegt40 did it in the HSV-10 GT500. Probably PP maxed though.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Forgetful wrote:Snakegt40 did it in the HSV-10 GT500. Probably PP maxed though.

The HSV is my one expensive car buy. Fabulous noise.

Also;

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/custom-wheels-give-all-4-tyres-the-same-width-changes-grip-and-balance.294129/

tl;dr changing wheels via GTAuto or pitstop changes wheel width and thus grip if the car was born with F/R width stagger

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  timneyb on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Forgetful wrote:
timneyb wrote:I lost the source post by Mr F, but were any of the stock GT cars possible at the 15th annual seasonal #3? Hard mode requires no extra parts, other than an oil change, so if not, I'll just give up and go with the obvious TDI LMP1 thing and get it by 10 seconds.

I hopped up the R8 LMS and Nismo GT3 and was off by 7 seconds or more at the 631PP limit. 

Snakegt40 did it in the HSV-10 GT500. Probably PP maxed though.
2'17" with some time to gain through increasing bravery in the R8 LMS (stock with oil change and guess tune, as my standard practice). I revise my question about the difficulty of driving race cars in GT6 to an observation that I find this particular race car difficult to drive. But rewarding. Like wrestling a bear and not always dying. Give me a week of doing nothing else, or maybe just an afternoon instead of a night session, and I could get it with this car, I swear.

SLS similar times to R8, but with less puckering.

HSV is a cheater car though. Welded to the road, so it overcomes it's power deficit even when stock and only ~620 pp. 2'11".

_________________
GTData.net | Everything you need to know about GT Cars | Parts & Tunes!

timneyb

Posts : 1169
Join date : 2011-11-28
Location : NJ, USA

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm

It makes me mad that I decided to download GT6 and not wait for the pre-ordered disc I got from Gamestop. Now I look at all these seasonals and cannot hop in them, where as if I had just a bit more patience I could have had all those cool blue cars and a boatload more cash. 

I hope 'when' we get this community update that we can trade and share cars again. Speaking of updates, I wonder when we are going to get the next one; it looks like PD is asleep at the wheel with that Vettel update on the 1st.  Suspect
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 am

Apparently that's the last seasonal for the Anniversary cars.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:16 pm

There appear to be two major issues with tires, pit stops and custom rims. 

First is the custom rims. If you put custom rims on a car that has staggered wheel sizes (larger on the front or back), the game will set all 4 tires to the width of the front tires. As you can imagine, that will mess with the balance and grip of the car.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/custom-wheels-give-all-4-tyres-the-same-width-changes-grip-and-balance.294129/


The one on the right is the custom rim. Diameter make no difference.

The other comes when you pit. No pictures, but it seems to have a similar result. Suddenly after a pit stop rear grip is reduced on some cars. I think the C7 Vette showed signs of it when I did the Willow mini-enduro.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  group44 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Forgetful wrote:There appear to be two major issues with tires, pit stops and custom rims. 

First is the custom rims. If you put custom rims on a car that has staggered wheel sizes (larger on the front or back), the game will set all 4 tires to the width of the front tires. As you can imagine, that will mess with the balance and grip of the car.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/custom-wheels-give-all-4-tyres-the-same-width-changes-grip-and-balance.294129/


The one on the right is the custom rim. Diameter make no difference.

The other comes when you pit. No pictures, but it seems to have a similar result. Suddenly after a pit stop rear grip is reduced on some cars. I think the C7 Vette showed signs of it when I did the Willow mini-enduro.

 hmm Have thrown rims on a number of rides. Guess I'll have to go check which ones had a "square" set stock, and which ones will have to get ugly again Sad
avatar
group44

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 44
Location : Groveport, OH

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 pm

This is an insanely frustrating bug, as is the R1/L1 not working on the controller or wheel when they are plugged in together. 

I'll take a bug fix update please.  Neutral
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 am

Well, I did some testing.

The glitch is visual, that much is hard to argue. Lined up two C7 Vettes in photomode, one with stock rims, the other custom, and plain as day, the custom rim is as skinny as the front. Even flipped the stock rim car around to compare.

Took the stock rim car to Willow 20 mile, pitted at the end of lap 1. No visible change to the rear tire size, no noticeable grip change. Didn't do any tire life testing.

Took the stock rim car to Tsukuba, got down to a consistent 1'01.1xx to 1'00.9xx. Changed the rims on that car, came back and went right back to running in the same range. No noticeable change in balance or ability to deliver power.

Short of testing the tire life before and after a pit stop, there's nothing in it other than it looks funny.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:48 am

Forgetful wrote:Well, I did some testing.

The glitch is visual, that much is hard to argue. Lined up two C7 Vettes in photomode, one with stock rims, the other custom, and plain as day, the custom rim is as skinny as the front. Even flipped the stock rim car around to compare.

Took the stock rim car to Willow 20 mile, pitted at the end of lap 1. No visible change to the rear tire size, no noticeable grip change. Didn't do any tire life testing.

Took the stock rim car to Tsukuba, got down to a consistent 1'01.1xx to 1'00.9xx. Changed the rims on that car, came back and went right back to running in the same range. No noticeable change in balance or ability to deliver power.

Short of testing the tire life before and after a pit stop, there's nothing in it other than it looks funny.

C7 isn't the best car to try this with; it has understeer stock and not much stagger to lose.  Tsukuba isn't the best track to test this as it's so slow there's little danger in oversteer.
Try the Lotus Esprit you like so much someplace fast.

I tried an unmodded Ferrari 458 at Tsukuba.  Stayed in at least 4th gear because peaky powerband. 
Stock wheels, car basically understeers everywhere with the only power oversteer possible is in the right-left transition under the Dunlop bridge or maybe spinning the rears up on the little ripply bumps exiting the left hairpin or last right hairpin.  Final turn exit will hold a mashed WOT in 4th gear without the rear stepping out no problem.  Ran 10 laps, two under 1'00, rest but one under 1'01.
Put wheels on it.  Car will now oversteer under trail braking, power oversteer possible exiting any turn including the final turn.  Ran 10 laps, half under and half over 1'01 with none under 1'00.

Went to HSR with the wheels still on it.  5 tries at turn 1 flat; didn't happen clean but might be possible.  Car is neutral to slight oversteer in the middle of turn 1, then the front washes out into understeer when you start to climb the banking (corner-weight the car).  
Put stock wheels on it.  Total understeer unless you brake, even a big lift it just plows.  5 tries at doing it flat, highly doubt it's possible.

I agree with the couple guys on planet (one div 1 gold guy, the other a GTA UK finalist) who say there's a difference.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 pm

The C7 had enough stagger to be easily visible. I kinda felt a difference, but the lap times were too consistent. I guess I'm a handling chameleon.

Get to test the pit stop bug? I'll try it with the Esprit when I get home tonight.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Forgetful wrote:
Get to test the pit stop bug? 

Nope.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:32 pm

What I plan to do is run the tires off the car, count the laps, restart, pit on lap 1, run the tires off the car.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Forgetful wrote:What I plan to do is run the tires off the car, count the laps, restart, pit on lap 1, run the tires off the car.

That sounds like it'll work.  

S-level Willow 8 laps?

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:09 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:What I plan to do is run the tires off the car, count the laps, restart, pit on lap 1, run the tires off the car.

That sounds like it'll work.  

S-level Willow 8 laps?

yeh
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  RackAttack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Interesting test done by Nick Barbato from my year of GTA regarding the effects of camber in GT6.

Go here and scroll down a few posts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380289552051039/
avatar
RackAttack

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Santa Barbara, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 pm

RackAttack wrote:Interesting test done by Nick Barbato from my year of GTA regarding the effects of camber in GT6.

Go here and scroll down a few posts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380289552051039/

tl;dr 0 camber is fastest on sub-racing tires.  Neat ... ?

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 am

Put rimz on the Esprit and boy does that look funny. Ran it at HSR and as foretold it wanted to washout the rear going through T1/2, then was tail loose under braking in to 3. Put the deep dish back on (stock rims) and it was not the same. It wanted to push through 1/2 and was much more stable under braking in to 3. A lot more push in 3 as well. On the custom rims it wasn't as bad as you would think considering the difference in size. The car was still driveable.

Off to Willow on the stock rims, turns out the Esprit can do the 8 laps without needing to pit. First time around, no pit stop, the worst tire was the right rear at 4. Other tires were 6, 7 and 8. Second run, pitted end of lap 1, tires ended up the same.

After the stop the tires still looked as wide as they should. The handling was consistent. I tried to keep it consistent, but the wear ending up the same is a bit of a red flag because I feel like I was a little sloppier on the first run (no stop).

So the custom rims are a competitive disadvantage. Racers should avoid using them in competitive events.

Whether or not pitting causes any changes is not clear and requires more testing.
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  SpecMiata-JSW on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 am

Man, I hope the reason that this 1.03 patch is taking a while to come out (not sure when it was supposed to be out - but it feels like a long time  Very Happy ) is because they are fixing the tire issue. 

I love rims. I really do, and I want to put them on my cars that I want to drive fast and not die virtually in.
avatar
SpecMiata-JSW

Posts : 424
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Not inspired to grind for cars or the last four trophies, I started from scratch on my CURVE_GRIPPIN account intending to see how far I can get without getting out of the Fit it makes you buy.

Novice was no problem.
National B was barely a problem for the events the car can get into - had to buy an oil change to beat the two-lap London race in City Trials.  Damn FD RX-7s.
National A now open, looks like the car will be eligible for four or five series.

At some point I'll buy tires I guess.

 Twisted Evil

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Tried to test whether having various sizes of custom wheels alters grip on a car with no +rear width stagger to lose at Tsukuba in a Miata.  Thought I had some interesting data going ... then I realized the weather, even on 0/0/0, gave a different number of degrees foreignheat every time I loaded the track.

And weatherless GVE is just slightly too interesting to get around to get consistent times.  Might need to use Motegi West.   Rolling Eyes

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Forgetful on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 am

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

sposed to have gotten a Base Model M3 GT2 '11. Didn't.  Neutral
avatar
Forgetful

Posts : 3361
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 35
Location : Kamloops, B.C.

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 am

Forgetful wrote:http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

sposed to have gotten a Base Model M3 GT2 '11. Didn't.  Neutral

It's in some AI fields.

_________________
|alien|Ninja|Very Happy|king|Cool|Smile|pirat|clown|Wink|Neutral|Suspect|silent|Embarassed|pale|Rolling Eyes|No|HELP!|Mad|Bleep!

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
avatar
clacksman

Posts : 3707
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 38
Location : Collingwood, ON, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum