DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo News and Information

+13
vkaifh
MasterGT
redsoxboy80
Rooster722
group44
robiker
RackAttack
mmacek96
HWKII
timneyb
clacksman
Revengel
Forgetful
17 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am

timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:PSN says the OUCD '69 Camaro is a newly-appearing Standard as well.
Hmm, I thought I had a checkbox to indicate that I already owned it. I'll get to checking this out when I get to checking things out that aren't iRacing.

Me too, looks like I'll be firing up the PS3 tonight to go shopping. I've got lotsa cash to burn. Laughing
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:
timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:PSN says the OUCD '69 Camaro is a newly-appearing Standard as well.
Hmm, I thought I had a checkbox to indicate that I already owned it. I'll get to checking this out when I get to checking things out that aren't iRacing.

Me too, looks like I'll be firing up the PS3 tonight to go shopping. I've got lotsa cash to burn. Laughing

dem seasonals to reacquire cash quickly
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am

When did the Plymouth Chrysler Prowler grow an interior and put it's top down? I raced this pile early in GT5, and was upset the roof was stuck up when I drove it in GT4 with the top down (have pics to prove the GT4 bit).

Interior is half-decent. Seats/console is GT4-tier, but the dash/door insides/wheel is okay and the speedo & tach work. Body colour dash inlay changes when painted, and you can see the side mirror post (but not the wipers or hood). Front suspension is animated plausibly as well. Whoever did the once-over of it left the exterior door handles as a texture map and not 3D (some of the GT4 cars had 3D door handles), and the grille is still a Standard-tier grille (holes aren't actually holes). Furthermore they left the Best Detail Ever - the left rear bumper still has 'Plymouth' script inset, not 'Chrysler'.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 am

Dotting eyes and crossing teas, putting in data for the "new" standard model Z28 and 300 SL into GTData. Noted odd bits:

Z28 cannot be painted. Oddly its pp numbers are lower than the premium. Checked and they're not the 69 SS numbers either. Standard@stealth has same PP as Premium@stock. File under weird things they never meant to make visible are weird and incomplete.

300 SL can be painted and can have wheels changed, and has same PP as premium (usual behaviour there).

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/20/gran-turismo-5-three-new-cars-update-2-08-out-tuesday/

A free downloadable update coming next week will add several new enhancements to GT5, as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the update 2.08 include:
Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 ($.99)
Subaru BRZ S ’12 ($.99)
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12 ($.99)
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 am

Forgetful wrote:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/20/gran-turismo-5-three-new-cars-update-2-08-out-tuesday/

A free downloadable update coming next week will add several new enhancements to GT5, as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the update 2.08 include:
Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 ($.99)
Subaru BRZ S ’12 ($.99)
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12 ($.99)

Some potentially good stuff in there.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:34 am

Just need a Scion FR-S and we can form Voltron... Cool

How many patches is this now in which they've "fixed" the bug when exiting the pits at Tsukuba? Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 am

HWKII wrote:Just need a Scion FR-S and we can form Voltron... Cool

How many patches is this now in which they've "fixed" the bug when exiting the pits at Tsukuba? Laughing

Got the Scion FR-S a couple updates ago. If the BRZ is another clone of it and the 86GT, I smell event.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:42 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Just need a Scion FR-S and we can form Voltron... Cool

Got the Scion FR-S a couple updates ago. If the BRZ is another clone of it and the 86GT, I smell event.

... and I'll form the head!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 am

Not sure if this is exactly the same standard as the incoming next-gen HDTVs, but anyway:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-shown-running-at-4k-resolution/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am

clacksman wrote:Not sure if this is exactly the same standard as the incoming next-gen HDTVs, but anyway:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-shown-running-at-4k-resolution/

I read the article, then the comments, then I remembered that I needed to install the Derp addon which replaces all of the words in comments sections with the word 'Derp'.

And yes, I'd expect that this is the exact same standard as the next-gen HDTVs. Some pretty incredible films have been shot in this 4k resolution, but AFAIK, the only televisions that display at that resolution right now are many many thousands of dollars.

Sony (SNE) made some waves last month when it announced its stunning 84-inch LED TV with 4K resolution that also featured a whopping $25,000 price tag. But one of the company’s South Korean rivals is already planning to undercut its price, as LG (003550) on Friday announced the LG UD 84LM9600, an 84-inch “ultra-definition” 3D LED TV with 4K resolution support that’s priced at a comparatively low $19,999.99.

Good news guys! The global economic crisis must be over! Between this and the new Dodge Viper, it would appear that the entire world is just sitting on massive piles of disposible income! Wooooooooooooo! Laughing

Hmmm, 25k for a new TV, or 25k for an actual Subaru BRZ... Suspect
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 am

HWKII wrote:I read the ... comments

The corrective action I would recommend for resolving your issue does not include browser addons.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

HWKII wrote:
Good news guys! The global economic crisis must be over! Between this and the new Dodge Viper, it would appear that the entire world is just sitting on massive piles of disposible income! Wooooooooooooo! Laughing

Hmmm, 25k for a new TV, or 25k for an actual Subaru BRZ... Suspect

Prices will come down. What did a 40-70 inch 1080p TV cost in 2000?

The main problem I heard discussed with 4K is that serving a movie to your home is beyond the bandwidth of most homes (standard problem continues to be standard). Movies shot in 4k are great, but theatres have dedicated systems to deal with those files. Also the theatres can project all of those pixels on a screen massive enough, that occupies enough of your field of view, to actually show you more. On smaller screens (i.e. even large flat screeens, if viewed from usual seating distances), I understand that 4k is basically lost.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 pm

timneyb wrote:Prices will come down. What did a 40-70 inch 1080p TV cost in 2000?

Lots, but I'll extend your logic a bit: The bigger 1080p TVs will soon be effectively supercheap with the jinormous 4k TVs clogging the top end of the market. This is good.

Furthermore, as noted in the GTplanet article, GT5P once was shown with 4k or 240fps using 4 PS3s. If GT6 supports the choice of 4k resolution or 240fps, that'd be handy indeed.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Oh yes, onward and upward, the marching of technology is gud. But I can't help but feel that we're still a good 8-10 years before this is practical. But when a 60in 1080p TV is a couple hundred bucks that's good for all, as noted by clacksman.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am

Lambo Gallardo: The bad news is the steering wheel doesn't rotate about its center. The good news is the dashboard instant-mpg readout apparently works.

The Honda Insight '99 [S] has been upgraded to having a working hybrid system (it previously was incorrectly just gas; both earlier in GT5 and in GT4).
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am

BRZ is neat. Not quite same colour palette as the FR-S/86GT. One of the GTAuto rear wings looks like the BRZ STi Concept wing (and similar to the '10 WRX). Same stock wheels as the FR-S/86GT though. Installed the goldish-yellow Prodrives on the WR Blue one they gave me after I spent the real $.99 on it.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 pm

clacksman wrote:Installed the goldish-yellow Prodrives on the WR Blue one they gave me after I spent the real $.99 on it.

This is correct thinking. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 pm

2.08:
-Clutch range adjustment confirmed, bigger range of possible slip but I think they added all of it to 'below' where the formerly small range used to be. Takeup is now pretty close to the stop.
-And the curb sharpness is indeed reduced from where it had been, tried Sarthe '09 and Cape Ring.

Portions of the Focus ST '06 [P] windshield somehow blocks some fence textures, not sure if new or old problem.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 am

1: OUCD is full of cars older than me.
2: The Nissan Juke facebook page is asking which of the Juke Nismo (a street car with stickers on it) and/or the Juke-R (the modified one with the GT-R drivetrain grafted in) you would prefer to see in some game if you had to choose. Gee, I wonder if some game has any ties to Nissan ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 am

Based on the feedback forum for GT6 at GTP, the most important thing that PD can add to GT6 is:

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 8 Batman-Kia-626x382

Evil or Very Mad
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:16 pm

hektik y0
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-09-now-available-brings-minor-changes-improves-hsv-010-engine-sounds/

The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”.
The view during 3D display has been improved.
The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

Suspect
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Good things to fix, but what year is it Razz Also, "enemy" cars? Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 am

group44 wrote:Good things to fix, but what year is it Razz Also, "enemy" cars? Laughing

Almost 2 since the damn thing came out, and yeah really. Must be new guy writing the notes.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next