DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo News and Information

+13
vkaifh
MasterGT
redsoxboy80
Rooster722
group44
robiker
RackAttack
mmacek96
HWKII
timneyb
clacksman
Revengel
Forgetful
17 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  clacksman Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm

2.11 update out. 45MB of returning pp to 2.09, adjusting rain tire auto selection, and fixing some startup bug.

- The performance point (PP) adjustments that were made in the 2.10 update has been cancelled, and returned to the calculation method in 2.09.

- The automatically selected rain tire type has been adjusted. Please note that this may change the normally recommended tire when entering the pit, and the pit timings of opponent cars during races.

- Adjusted the autopilot during changing road moisture conditions.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the game would not boot after the 2.10 update in some cases.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 Empty Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  HWKII Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 pm

http://www.gtplanet.net/audio-released-of-sony-executives-gt6-on-ps3-comments/

Indications that GT6 will be on PS3. Guess I'll wait for GT7? Maybe the PS4 will give them enough hardware to produce a proper racing sim, as opposed to a car game. Embarassed

Edit: Sorry, I love you GT5, without which I wouldn't have met up with you all, but what a frustrating series it is to be a fan of...
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I'd love GT6 to come out on the PS3, then I would buy it for sure. If it came out on the PS4, I wouldn't purchase GT6 until I can get a PS4 second hand for dirt cheap. I just can't justify spending the money on another PS if I don't use it.

Damn you iRacing for taking me away from my roots.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:I'd love GT6 to come out on the PS3, then I would buy it for sure. If it came out on the PS4, I wouldn't purchase GT6 until I can get a PS4 second hand for dirt cheap. I just can't justify spending the money on another PS if I don't use it.

Damn you iRacing for taking me away from my roots.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I am very fortunate that making the investment for the new hardware is possible. Such is the life of a 29yo bachelor... Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'm intrigued by GT6, but ...

HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm with John. I'll buy a PS3 GT6, pretty much regardless of what they do or don't improve. The single player side of the game is still an immensly rewarding challenge. FWIW I think PD has been hampered by SONY and the PS3 more than anything.

I'll be hanging on to my PS3 until GTA requires an upgrade the PS4, so could be a few years.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Forgetful wrote:I'm with John. I'll buy a PS3 GT6, pretty much regardless of what they do or don't improve.

I don't disagree at all, but it's disappointing from the perspective of the fact that all of the things that are hampering GT5 are, as you point out, likely hardware related and the PS4 seems like a really sweet piece of hardware.

Given the relatively quick turnaround and insistance that it will in fact be done this year, I'm wondering if we should be thinking of GT6 as more of a GT5.5, ie, the way GT5 should have been if Kaz had really gotten the 2-3 more years to develop the sim that he has said he wanted.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Forgetful wrote:FWIW I think PD has been hampered by SONY and the PS3 more than anything.

I suspect this has something to do with it.

Reliable online connectivity was just too bad. I could deal with the strange dance required for qualifying, but it was just so sensitive to any perceived network issues.

iRacing is nice because of the field size, racing in reasonable fields at any time, the last of the training wheels being taken out of the physics engine and not having to micromanage league stuff. I know others have found their niche in iRacing, and I hope I get there too, but I've yet to have the fun I had in GT5 & 5P yet. Also, I like cars as well as racing and iRacing's selection is sparse. Also $50 for everything was nice.

I might pay for PS4 (assuming ~$400), maybe, because our PS3 is showing it's age, and we use it as a home entertainment as much as anything.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm completely finished with GT, and the Playstation to be honest. I still have use for the PS3, so that'll stick around as long as it still operates. For me, iRacing does everything almost perfectly that I always wanted GT to do, but most likely never will. That being motorsports simulation. It sounds kinda silly but I'm not really into video games; would've never bought a PS1, 2, or 3 if not for the GT series, had to get my racing fix somehow. I'm thankful to PD for the GT series, met many good racing buds that I'm still fortunate enough to race with regularly, that go back 4 years or so (since Prologue), many of which are right here at DSO. Special thanks to Forgetful, Clacks, Moose, and everyone that worked to make GT much more of an actual racing sim than it ever would have been on it's own.
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Rooster722 wrote:I'm thankful to PD for the GT series, met many good racing buds that I'm still fortunate enough to race with regularly, that go back 4 years or so (since Prologue), many of which are right here at DSO. Special thanks to Forgetful, Clacks, Moose, and everyone that worked to make GT much more of an actual racing sim than it ever would have been on it's own.

Couldn't agree more. Thumbs Up!
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 am

Forgetful wrote:The single player side of the game is still an immensly rewarding challenge.

wat
FYI it's not as good as most of Forzas SP has been since the last generation of consoles.

I have less than zero interest in playing through GT4s SP for a third time (having done so once in GT4, and once in GT5). GT5 has many issues that are of their own design and not PS3-related, some of which were 'added' in a GT5 patch (AI braking when you place your car behind them) and some of which were apparently designed to be worse than GT4 (AI paths/lines, replay controls). IF those were being or had been addressed, then maybe I'd have hope GT6 was improved tangibly in terms of working as well as GT5 was advertised to.

I think PD is too stuck in their ways (the tuning system which was innovative in 1998 but is now less realistic than it was then or the other game on the other box, break-in/wear/maintenance which was also innovative in 1998 or whenever but hampers online play, a physics engine based on the car not existing as it appears or consisting of any moving parts, damage being just visual like dust) to fix all of that at once no matter the platform.

I may still buy GT6 but not until after launch excitement dies off.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 am

I've seen this abandoned track on googlemaps before, but didn't make the connection.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-deep-forest-greenwood-raceway-iowa/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am

There are no issues at all with GT5 at this time ...

Gran Turismo News and Information - Page 10 Lolred10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

Pfft. Ya.

tYres? Puhlease. Rolling Eyes
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterGT Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 am

GT5 INFORMATIONNotice of Account Ban Measures
Last Updated: Apr 05, 2013

We have recently confirmed usage of illicitly modified game data in the
online services of Gran Turismo 5, and the relevant accounts have now
been banned from the service.

Hereafter, these Online ID's in question will no longer be able to access the online portion of Gran Turismo 5.

Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any
mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly
prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.

We ask everyone for their continued understanding and support.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6915.html

MasterGT

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:07 am

MasterGT wrote:GT5 INFORMATIONNotice of Account Ban Measures
Last Updated: Apr 05, 2013

We have recently confirmed usage of illicitly modified game data in the
online services of Gran Turismo 5, and the relevant accounts have now
been banned from the service.

Hereafter, these Online ID's in question will no longer be able to access the online portion of Gran Turismo 5.

Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any
mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly
prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.

We ask everyone for their continued understanding and support.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6915.html

Awesome. clown
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Sort of knew that had to be going on as soon as we saw the announcement regarding the files being decrypted.

Glad to see that Sony/PD are taking action though.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterGT Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Unfortunately, it seems PD is being pretty lenient with how many were banned. There are still dedicated rooms for these cars and these guys are just thumbing their nose at PD.

On the other hand, I just saw someone trying to drive one of these power monsters, for my first time. He had very little control and left after he came in last. tongue

MasterGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Pretty pointless. I mean, really, the X2010/11s aren't fast enough? The TVR Speed 12 isn't insane enough? The tank car isn't poor handling enough?

I hope PD's giving these guys enough rope to hang themselves... says one of the guys who was heavily involved in car duping for the first few months of GT5s existence.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 am

Official website updated. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 pm

All the money says that 'PC Support' means the ability to run B-Spec races to grind for money and use the community tools from your browser. IE, nothing interesting.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am

HWKII wrote:

All the money says that 'PC Support' means the ability to run B-Spec races to grind for money and use the community tools from your browser. IE, nothing interesting.

Yes, "PC release" would be the wat-inducing one.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1910783.html

Selected bits :

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10m copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6. But notable new additions to the already impressive line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the greatest ever level possible.

The UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide gorgeous scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tire manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive. Both companies are active in the commercial car industry and in racing, and they have acted as technical development partners for the game’s new physics engine, for its tire and suspension kinematic modeling, creating an even more realistic experience for GT fans.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu May 16, 2013 11:55 am

GT6 = GT5 + ~200 Premium Cars (... they better be) and some new tracks. Fair 'nuff. Wonder how beneficial the suspension and tire manufacturer partnering are really going to be to the physics. Guess it's time to get the 'ol PS3 fixed. Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Thu May 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Jordan's opinion on the feel of the new suspension/physics feel: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-gameplay-footage-and-hands-on-impressions/

He definitely seems excited about it, hard to draw any conclusions from the video without feeling it myself. We'll all know in July I guess.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 16, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm ever optimistic, but I don't see anything regarding online functionality and control over the cars allowed and how they're built. With so many cars, with so many parts, they need a car-by-car 'rule book' that you can modify to create a decent ballance of performance among a group of cars.

I'll buy it, play the shit out of it and maybe even race it online. Shame I probably won't be able to use my wicked new peripherals.

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next