I forgot my password

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo News and Information

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gran Turismo News and Information

Post  clacksman on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:24 pm

... and the US blog post. Apparently Euro : Dollar is 1:1.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/12/new-gran-turismo-5-dlc-this-tuesday-car-pack-3-speed-test-course

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Apparently Route X, the incoming DLC track, is 30km long with a 12 km straight! Shocked

http://www.gtplanet.net/route-x-first-drive-at-tokyo-auto-salon/

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm

That's ... quite a thing.

1) Font on the green signs matches GT4 Test Course, as do the yellow 100m intervals painted on road
2) It looked like an X-car was going slowly
3) lol force feedback + showgoing noob
4) lol driving line
5) Kaz is overly fascinated with tunnels

I'm somewhat interested in paying $4 for that now.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  mmacek96 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

anyone have a spare 2010 FT86 concept car that was just released? I have the 2012 model and the two original concepts of the car. i'll trade ya something for it.
mmacek96

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm

It has no interior.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:32 pm

There are three FT86 Concepts, the 2009 FT-86 Concept and the 2010 FT-86 G-Sports Concept, which are the two available at the dealership alongside the 86 GT '12. The one that was a 'gift' to those who purchased extra DLC is the FT-86 Concept II '11. I'm guessing that's the one you want. What a Face

I'll send one over today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 am

2.03 is live at 225 mb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 am

Forgetful wrote:2.03 is live at 225 mb

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

[DLCs]
- New 'Speed Test Pack' DLC
The Speed Test Pack DLC will add a Speed Test feature to Gran Turismo 5 and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $3.99.
The new Special Stage Route X Oval track is also included in this pack as a special stage for performing the tests. Measure the performance of your favorite cars with a variety of test features. When this DLC is purchased, the Special Stage Route X Oval will become available to use in the Arcade Mode, Practice, and in Online races. For details, please follow the link below.
- Speed Test Pack

- New 'Car Pack 3' DLC
The latest Car Pack 3 DLC will add more new cars to Gran Turismo 5, and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $5.99.
Featuring cars from both past and present, it includes Lamborghini's latest flagship model Aventador, Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, 66' Volkswagen 1200, Mini Cooper S Countryman, and Nissan Leaf. For details, please follow the link below.
- Car Pack 3

[Other Improvements]
- 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
- Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car's performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.03", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 am

New Seasonals

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 am

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 pm

It's possible to get on Route X in someone elses room without buying it. Pretty neat track really, for what it is. 24h time change but no weather.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Beetle gets bumper delete front and rear separately for Type A. Type B front and rear is the bumper deletes too, but left behind are the mounts... lol!

Rear wings on it are even awesomer.

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Forgetful wrote:Beetle gets bumper delete front and rear separately for Type A. Type B front and rear is the bumper deletes too, but left behind are the mounts... lol!

Rear wings on it are even awesomer.

lol

That Route X is ... a possible use for the Veyron. Shocked No aero = not flat, and it'll do four laps no prob on R-h tires and gas ... maybe 5 if you're good at both.

Also aero does have drag to it; 10 km/h top speed gain just from reducing aero from default (near max) to min on a big-turbo'd 787B.

dat sunrise when you come over the crest affraid

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 am

Really looking forward to picking up the new DLC come payday Smile

Forgetful, could you please send me that spiffy FT86 Concept II car as you offered previously? Embarassed Would be much appreciated.

Work. Is. Killing. Me.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Revengel on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 am

Fun driving is fun.

After grabbing all the DLC I could carry (and a bucket of KFC...ok that's a lie) I took a look at all the cars and even drove a couple.

First, I was sad that the beetle could not be race modded...but that wasn't a surprise. You know the *second* that can be RM'd I'm laying claim to number 53. Yes, the two wings are full of win.

Next, there's Special Stage ><. Mmmmm...make your own car magazine test...mmmm... So for this I knew I was going to take the Aventador and abuse the FLIP out of it, so I did just that. Interesting to measure the G's on takeoff, your 1/4 mile and mile time, zero to 60 and all that jazz but that's only half the fun. There appears to be a list for about 30+ records for each item, so I had to do some tests which took the balance of my evening.

Just an aside - did take the Aventator (Nemesis Enforcer in Nero Nemesis) out to a lobby and...well it's fun in a straight line. I like my cars lighter but I have been driving the Muira of late which is less than 1K kg. Not bad actually but not great. Back to the fun.

After fully modding Nemesis Enforcer & laying the smack down I decided to bring out a couple-few of my EA Creations to compare. N.E. had the top G's (1.56) and the best 0-60 time...but just barely on the 0-100. What was funny was that Meleficent (SLR) was faster at the 1 mile mark and (I believe) caught NE at the 100 mark (4.023 vs 4.038 I think? I may have the two flipped) but the funniest thing was when I brought out Sauron - the Enzo. He was something like 8th everywhere except the mile mark...where he was first. affraid

I had a blast with several cars between that & the top speed (NE topped out at 238.xx, Meleficent was 249.5 (maybe had a *sqinch* left to give before the marker) and Sauron was at 260.3 *and still gaining*. Dang that's some fun stuff.

In free run the Stage >< takes NE about 4:50 to complete once you get up to speed...and the nightime blue bridge is a blast. I started out in daylight & carried it into the dark but didn't drive long enough to see if it loops. Could be an interesting place for a speed fest enduro since we'd have to pit for fuel after about 5-8 laps depending on the car.

Speaking of Pits - took the Jag out just to see how they handled the pit stop & those rear wheels. They met the challenge of the closed wheel well by employing Kitty Pryde of the X-Men who phases the wheel in & out of the box. It's magic y'all.

lol!
Revengel

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am

HWKII wrote:Really looking forward to picking up the new DLC come payday Smile

Ditto. Except, change payday for "when my wife gets another job, because we're not allowed to buy toys while we're living on the salary of one junior scientist".

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 am

Revengel wrote:

Speaking of Pits - took the Jag out just to see how they handled the pit stop & those rear wheels. They met the challenge of the closed wheel well by employing Kitty Pryde of the X-Men who phases the wheel in & out of the box. It's magic y'all.
The same thing happens with the Prius TC.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 am

Revengel wrote: I started out in daylight & carried it into the dark but didn't drive long enough to see if it loops.

It does. The room I was in had time compression on 60. Night seemed to last longer than day. Also 4'14.0 in a Veyron on race hards. Cool

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 am

This is newsworthy clown

My wheel arrived today! cheers

As you may have heard my clubsport pedals arrived on Friday, but they were a fancy aluminum paper weight without a fanatec wheel to use it with. I had to wait over the weekend for the wheel to show up. Sure enough, as I'm warming up my truck and scraping ice off the windshield to go to work this morning the deliver van pulls up with my package at the ready. Problem is it got hit by customs and I had to pay either exact change or money order (like I was supposed to know before hand?), or pick it up at the post office later, which I did after work.

Got home and tore the old G'eezer off the obutto and proceeded to try and mount the fanatec. That was itself a bit of a hassle because I didn't have metric bolts to hard mount with, so I tapped out the mounting points rather than wait to go to a proper hardware store tomorrow (I did the exact same thing with the G25, you would think I would have remembered Embarassed ).

Getting it calibrated took a little playing around. I was a little frustrated at the pressure needed to get full braking, but then a little reading solved that. There's an adjustment knob beside the brake pedal that you use to dial in the max braking pressure. Pretty nifty that. Thankfully I had watched Inside sim racing's review of the wheel because they had a few basic calibration suggestions for the force feedback, since there are several in-wheel adjustments to make. Man did it feel weird before getting it setup right Shocked .

I did a bunch of driving to get the wheel calibrated, so it wasn't a true 'first drive', but my first drive was a stock AM Vantage V12 on the 'Ring at dawn. The first thing that is evident with the fanatec is the smoothness of the feedback and the constant-ness of the resistance. Gone is the deadzone and 'where'jugoto?' feeling of the force feedback, as well as the back and forth wobbling that happens on straights. It feels more like you're constantly holding on to the weight of a moving vehicle. The bumps and curbs don't feel as strong when you hit them. That could be improved a bit. I've got a little dialing left, mostly in the spring and damping settings as well as some basic adjusting to the new feelings, but overall I'm very happy so far.

Probably the neatest thing is the braking vibration. The pedal mechanism doesn't work with console games, but the wheel can be set to vibrate under braking. It has vibration motors like a DS3 controller, it's not using the FFB for this. Because I hard mounted everything the vibration carries through the whole rig and I actually thought the pedal was doing the vibrating until I reached down to touch the back where to motor is on the pedal. You can set the point at which it engages, so if you fine tune it properly it's a great bit of feedback.

The pedals have nice long throws and are very well sprung. Gas and brake pedal action is much more accurate and smooth. The wheel is thicker than the old G and the Alcantara is very nice. The wheel buttons are a bit clunky and sometimes unresponsive because of it, but I'll get used to it. I'm still reaching down for buttons on a shifter that aren't there anymore. I am down a few buttons though so I have to figure out new mapping.

Back to top Go down

Post  Revengel on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks for the reveiw. While it's unlikely I'm going to buy a new wheel of this magnitude (I don't even have a 'butto yet) it's great to hear more about high end wheels...should I win the lottery or something.

jocolor
Revengel

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Revengel wrote:Thanks for the reveiw. While it's unlikely I'm going to buy a new wheel of this magnitude (I don't even have a 'butto yet) it's great to hear more about high end wheels...should I win the lottery or something.
jocolor

This. Also you can live without wipers and horn.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm

FWIW it's about the same as what I paid for my G25 brand new, and that's with the clubsport pedals. Start mowing lawns. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Glad to hear you upgraded Forgetful, I'm sure you'll love it.

Let's see, my button mapping from left to right, top to bottom.

Look left, turn off ghost, reverse, look right,
look back, tuning menu, ?, hand brake

Took me a few weeks to stop reaching for my phantom g25 shifter unit.

Though, I'm slightly disappointed I can't sell you mine now when I get my CSW Crying or Very sad
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Also: make sure you don't have any deadzone on your pedals. I had a massive deadzone on my brake pedal and had to flash a new firmware to fix it. My brake pedal has as close to 0 deadzone as I can imagine now. Makes a world of difference.
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 pm

RackAttack wrote:

Though, I'm slightly disappointed I can't sell you mine now when I get my CSW Crying or Very sad

I might be interested.
Just started a new job last week, making lots more money.
Haven't had any trouble with my G25, but it's nearly 3 years old.
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum