I forgot my password

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:31 pm

HWKII wrote:Negatory good buddy, there's an installer executable which you run with the CD in the drive and it makes it run on Vista/Win7 machines just dandy.

I like how you assumed I had the CD and not a cracked download. Cute. Embarassed

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Negatory good buddy, there's an installer executable which you run with the CD in the drive and it makes it run on Vista/Win7 machines just dandy.

I like how you assumed I had the CD and not a cracked download. Cute. Embarassed

I like how you assumed I was talking about a legal production CD... Twisted Evil

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Razz

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:45 pm

You know what never gets old?

Posting GT4 pics on PSN.

geek

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 pm

You know what's not fun? No PSN at all. Can't access anything you have sign in to as of a few mins ago.
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:29 pm

I skimmed that yesterday and thought the same thing.

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

PSN forums are back
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Forgetful wrote:PSN forums are back

... from a night of drinking? They worked for me all weekend until you posted that, now they won't even load.

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Must be on and off with the maintnance. I couldn't get on earlier. Then did. Now can't. Neutral
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 am

Tonight's Top Gear was quite possibly the greatest 1 hour of television in the history of the medium. What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 am

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

lame
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Forgetful wrote:lame

Porsche will never really be in GT, because Porsche thinks that they're owed licensing fees. PD doesn't pay fees, to anyone. Microsoft will pay for anything. At least that's always been my understanding.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

HWKII wrote:Porsche will never really be in GT, because Porsche thinks that they're owed licensing fees.

EA holds the exclusive digital rights to Porsches; you want Porsches in your game you pay EA.

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Porsche will never really be in GT, because Porsche thinks that they're owed licensing fees.

EA holds the exclusive digital rights to Porsches; you want Porsches in your game you pay EA.

Interesting - My point still stands though, PD doesn't pay for rights. I've always understood it to be a situation where PD considers itself to be, essentially, offering an advertising service to car companies by putting them in GT - and certainly Nissan agrees.

Bloody uptight Germans... Even Ferrari, the most arogant of all car companies has bent to the will of Kaz... Wink

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I think they used to take that stance, but had to cave to get the likes of Lamborghini and more importantly Ferrari. Now it's just a case of EA not liking PD or asking too much.

Your move PD.
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Forgetful wrote:I think they used to take that stance, but had to cave to get the likes of Lamborghini and more importantly Ferrari. Now it's just a case of EA not liking PD or asking too much.

Your move PD.

Hmm, that's logical. I've been trying to find the answer to "how" PD got Ferrari or Lambo in the game forever, and despite the fact that you can find ANYTHING on the Internet, you can't find anyone reporting on that... Suspect

Interestingly, from what I could gather on the interwebs, EA's rights to Ferrari and Porsche used to be exclusive, however that's obviously no longer the case with Forza featuring their cars.

Since ultimately, the manufacturers own the rights to their own product, PD wouldn't be negotiating with EA on the deal, they'd be negotiating with Porsche. If Porsche has opened up their agreement to now include Turn 10 (Microsoft), in addition to EA, it's still "Your move PD" but it's to talk with Porsche.

Sony is not in great shape right now, in fact they are doing quite poorly, so it may be an issue where they just don't have the money to back PD's purchase of the Porsche license, at least not for a game that's in to the "DLC until death/birth of a new game" cycle.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 pm

HWKII wrote:Since ultimately, the manufacturers own the rights to their own product, PD wouldn't be negotiating with EA on the deal, they'd be negotiating with Porsche.

No. duh! PD would be negotiating with EA because EA owns the rights to reproduce Porsche cars digitally as I said earlier. Porsche did this deal with EA during the genesis of the "NFS:Porsche Unleashed" game over a decade ago. EA can sublicence them as they see fit. You can either do a deal with EA (ie: pay EA $) or not have Porsches in your game.
The only possible end-arounds are:
1) to do a deal with a race marketing company in charge of a series Porsche enters, as entering a race often gives the organizers the ability to use the imagery for promotion.*
2) wait out EAs deal ending.

*GT already has WRC, SuperGT and NASCAR - none of which Porsche enter. EA (via Shift) has the deal with SRO for GT4/3/1 cars. Turn 10 (the Forza people) has a deal with the ALMS.

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 am

So, I won the GTP WRS Time Trial this week cheers bounce

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=246469
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 am

Congrats!

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 am

noice! What a Face
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:41 am

very impressive!
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 am

Wow, exactly 0 recognizable names from Prologue WRS

clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum