I forgot my password

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 pm

clacksman wrote:lol'd at the dust ring from the G25 pedal base. If you never used the clutch, why was it offset to the right?

because lazy layout Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Free stuff aplenty for PS+ people this month:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/31/playstation-plus-february-preview-free-the-simpsons-arcade-game-far-cry-2-final-fantasy-v-and-more/

Hope my + doesn't run out before I can grab Far Cry 2.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Dat finish in ST. Been there, done that What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, Ferrari is announcing a new technological partnership in which they've farmed out their aero design of the F2012 to Lego

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Forgetful wrote:Dat finish in ST.

Second

also dat multimatic vantage BEST SERIES THIS YEAR

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Forgetful wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, Ferrari is announcing a new technological partnership in which they've farmed out their aero design of the F2012 to Lego

Heh, my Facebook status summed up my feelings on this: It's not that it's ugly that concerns me, many F1 cars are ugly. It's that it looks like it was built by idiots, people who don't know what they're doing. And that doesn't bode well for Ferrari.

The platypus nose is funky but aerodynamic looking, Ferrari's nose is ... just awful.

"Nah, he didn't ram you, he rubbed you; and rubbin' son, is racin'."
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Some good nerdery on PSN, scroll down to the right post I think (no single post linking possible)

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4659396?start=15&tstart=0

I've figured out an average formula for calculating GranTurismo5 PP which is

PP = 725.686 * ( HP / kg ) ^ 0.278552.

And he goes on to explain ...

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 pm

The problem is, PP changes with weight distribution and aero and that formula doesn't take the in to account at all.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Dat finish in ST.

Second

also dat multimatic vantage BEST SERIES THIS YEAR

Out of Toronto, eh. They have a hawt Focus too... and Patrick Dempsey FWIW(steady financial support).

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am

PS3 firmware 4.1 is live, and a mandatory update when you (attempt to) sign in.

Improved browser (finally, wonder if it works), and automatic clock set upon sign-in.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:52 am

clacksman wrote:Improved browser (finally, wonder if it works)

It actually is improved. Not exactly good, but improved nonetheless.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:01 am

If the RB8 is looking dominant this year, I am waiting to hear about their new nose... I am fully expecting Adrian Newey to have full on tomfoolery going on inside that intake... What a Face

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 am

GT-Academy Mini-thon on Speed tonight Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:16 pm

So absolutely nothing comes default on Comfort Hards? Which means they're only in there for drifting purposes.

scratch scratch

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  jochenrindt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Here's an interesting thing that I have noticed while testing and tuning for a one make league race on GT Planet...I'm testing and tuning a RuF RGT, which is actually a pretty good little package, but an interesting thing is happening as I drive the car continually...I've got 2 identical models, set up the same way except gearing with 450hp, 1205kg weigh,535PP, and everything else the same....One car has 535 PP with the same combo and ballast position, and the other one loses 1 PP every session I drive it, and to get the PP back to 535 from 534, I have to move the ballast back one notch to the rear, which happens to be from -15 to -14 right now...I refresh the chassis before every session....Does anybody know why this could be happening? Seems weird that the ballast position would change as the car drives on, doesn't it?

Hmmmmm Baffles the mind....

Gear Up Challenge F Series 2012

My Youtube Channel for Karting Helmet cam videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Fastfritz63
jochenrindt

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:54 pm

jochenrindt wrote:Here's an interesting thing that I have noticed while testing and tuning for a one make league race on GT Planet...I'm testing and tuning a RuF RGT, which is actually a pretty good little package, but an interesting thing is happening as I drive the car continually...I've got 2 identical models, set up the same way except gearing with 450hp, 1205kg weigh,535PP, and everything else the same....One car has 535 PP with the same combo and ballast position, and the other one loses 1 PP every session I drive it, and to get the PP back to 535 from 534, I have to move the ballast back one notch to the rear, which happens to be from -15 to -14 right now...I refresh the chassis before every session....Does anybody know why this could be happening? Seems weird that the ballast position would change as the car drives on, doesn't it?

Hmmmmm Baffles the mind....

That is interesting.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  jochenrindt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Dare I say the word........"glitch"....????

Gear Up Challenge F Series 2012

My Youtube Channel for Karting Helmet cam videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Fastfritz63
jochenrindt

Back to top Go down

Post  no_affiliations on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:40 pm

not just over 10k miles, is it? I could possibly imagine a little lost torque dropping the pp without losing hp, if the limiter was on

total guess, but all I've got
no_affiliations

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Jochen, this sounds like the engine is dying and may need to be refreshed up via GT Auto. Unfortuantely, after a certain number of miles, even GT Auto Engine refresh will not get the engine back to "As New" condition. Although, I am not sure about the "Refresh Coupons" which you may or may not have been given during one of the more recent updates. Then again, if it's a relatively new engine, have you changed the oil recently? jocolor

I think that No_Affiliations is correct, the engine may not be losing HP, but torque and so you're losing PP despite not losing HP.

HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm

http://jalopnik.com/5885083/what-people-think-car-guys-do

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

PS3 browser test with USB mouse. Better. No click-and-drag to highlight, and smileys don't work.

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

GTData test with PS3 browser; moderate success. Format blows up in places. I took a screenie if you want it tim, send me a message as I couldn't work a captcha (anywhere).

GTdata
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

clacksman wrote:GTData test with PS3 browser; moderate success. Format blows up in places. I took a screenie if you want it tim, send me a message as I couldn't work a captcha (anywhere).

Eh, I'm not surprised. Standards compliant browsers are not compliant or standard.

I'll take a look on PS3 one day soon. See if there's any obvious elements that are confusing it.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ooty on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 am

5 hr into the tascuba 9 hr endurance race in a lexus. two 24's to go. and it's tax-car season Smile ((@j@))
ooty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum