DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I just watched most of the Conti Tire GS finale. dat race Shocked

Also tidbit gained: Scion-funded FR-S next year in ST. Very Happy

Also also I say "most of" because I flipped to Stratos a few times AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY silent Suspect

Bathurst on tonight late, I won't miss DW doing it.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I DVRd the ST race. Dat rain. Also they used the old uphill... neat.

Missed the GS race, but it's on re-air in the wee hours, so DVR set.

Saw a FR-S in traffic yesterday. It pulled up behind a Miata. I already knew it wasn't much bigger but, you know... neat.

Watched a bunch of Bathurst live on the Youtube feed they had. When the Colour guys would throw to commercial for local TV the coverage would continue and so would the commentary, though a little looser... neat. What a Face

Edit: Guy jumping from space... neat!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Forgetful wrote:I DVRd the ST race. Dat rain. Also they used the old uphill... neat.

Missed the GS race, but it's on re-air in the wee hours, so DVR set.

Saw a FR-S in traffic yesterday. It pulled up behind a Miata. I already knew it wasn't much bigger but, you know... neat.

Watched a bunch of Bathurst live on the Youtube feed they had. When the Colour guys would throw to commercial for local TV the coverage would continue and so would the commentary, though a little looser... neat. What a Face

Edit: Guy jumping from space... neat!

FRSBZGT is on my list for "if I can have a car that I don't have to share with the family, but could actually buy and not look like a total d-bag, mostly". Saw a Lava one a couple times on my way to daycare.

Bathurst was live on YouTube? Bleep! Well, I'll watch the hacked up highlights instead then.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/V8SupercarsOfficial?feature=watch

Third playlist down... Full Races Very Happy

Looks to be the sprint races, but that channel is where to go if you know a race is live.

Originally found it thanks to Jalopnik http://jalopnik.com/5949599/watch-and-discuss-the-v8-supercars-bathurst-1000-live-here
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:50 pm

The other interesting thing is that the natural world behaves exactly the same way as the environment of Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game, you can explore Liberty City seamlessly in phenomenal detail. I made a calculation of how big that city is, and it turns out it’s a million times larger than my PlayStation 3. You see exactly what you need to see of Liberty City when you need to see it, abbreviating the entire game universe into the console. The universe behaves in the exact same way. In quantum mechanics, particles do not have a definite state unless they’re being observed. Many theorists have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how you explain this. One explanation is that we’re living within a simulation, seeing what we need to see when we need to see it.

http://www.vice.com/read/whoa-dude-are-we-inside-a-computer-right-now-0000329-v19n9

Deep.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Shocked

inb4 Tron, Lawnmower Man and Matrix jokes.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 pm

clacksman wrote:I just watched most of the Conti Tire GS finale. dat race Shocked

Just watched the re-re-air... Shocked Wow. That was a great race.

Boo championship by bureaucracy. Feel bad for Plumb, was totes rooting for the one pro I got to share the track with on iRacing.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am

Forgetful wrote:Boo championship by bureaucracy. Feel bad for Plumb, was totes rooting for the one pro I got to share the track with on iRacing.

GA has tons of idiotic rules, but you're still supposed to know them.

ACO GT = FIA GT, from 2015-on
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/sportscar-aco-fia-to-create-unified-gt-category/

Super GT = DTM, from 2014-2017
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/gt-dtm-super-gt-join-forces/
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Neat.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Woooooooo, just got the word that on Monday I make the jump from contractor to full blown employee of the Healthcare company I work at and I will even more officially, officially take over running the department that I've been running for 8 months! cheers
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Congratulations cheers clap Thumbs Up!
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Sweet. Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:27 pm

HWKII wrote:Woooooooo, just got the word that on Monday I make the jump from contractor to full blown employee of the Healthcare company I work at and I will even more officially, officially take over running the department that I've been running for 8 months! cheers

Noice.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Final trophy run after reading "GTAV Timeline" on Kotaku detected.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Did read that article, and subliminally it may have had an effect, but it was more a case of pulling or tearing something in my left shoulder and having to stay off the wheel, then finishing the Skyrim main quest sooner that I expected (fuck all'y'all dragons).

Also got a 50$ PSN card as a gift and the best I could find to buy was the GTA IV addons, which I haven't played yet. I finished the main story before the trophy era, so there is some whoring going on here.

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 am

boo wacky shoulder. No Also lol I'd have mailed you my addons disc. santa I just replayed the main game (over the last three or so weeks) for alternate storyline purposes.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm

GT Academy show starts on Thursday and the DVR is programmed. Thumbs Up!

Haven't seen or heard from RackAttack in quite a while. I assume that's because he won the thing and is busy preparing for his race career. cheers
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:20 pm

vkaifh wrote:Haven't seen or heard from RackAttack in quite a while. I assume that's because he won the thing and is busy preparing for his race career. cheers

That... Would... Be... Awesome! What a Face

I had somehow manage to surpressed my excitement for this GTAcademy because of how long we had to wait... What a Face
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

HWKII wrote:
vkaifh wrote:Haven't seen or heard from RackAttack in quite a while. I assume that's because he won the thing and is busy preparing for his race career. cheers

I had somehow manage to surpressed my excitement for this GTAcademy because of how long we had to wait... What a Face

That's what we've been predicting in our Private Silverstone Facebook page. We'll see. It would be great if he took the whole thing!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Power just went out. No season opener for me tonight. Sad
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:49 pm

You guys stay safe over there.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:
HWKII wrote:

That's what we've been predicting in our Private Silverstone Facebook page. We'll see. It would be great if he took the whole thing!

He lurks, but by the looks of his fb page he's a little bit busier than usual. He was posting about some track time at MRLS with some of his fellow Academites, so I can't say I blame him. Glad to see you're living the dream, buddy!

I knew going in that Rack was well equipped to win it, so it won't be a great surprise if he did. Amazing and joyous? Yes. Surprising? No. bounce
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Forgetful wrote:I knew going in that Rack was well equipped to win it, so it won't be a great surprise if he did. Amazing and joyous? Yes. Surprising? No. bounce

Pretty much this.

Also; http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

cyclops Twisted Evil Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Power came back after 24 hours, but we are still w/o internet. I hope it comes back in time so that I don't miss the entire first week of the new season. pale

We lost 2 trees in the back yard and have minor damage to the roof. Muscles are soar from cutting what was left from the trees and roof gets repaired tomorrow. Overall I consider myself lucky, some neighbors are still w/o power and others had a tree fallen on their roof! Neutral
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Where are you in NJ Volker? I'm in CT. and we got some pretty high winds, we didn't get anything for rain. You guys got clobbered compared. That coast looks like a real bad time. We had that fluke snow last year with a late fall that downed hundreds of trees and were without power for a week, but nowhere near the damage NJ and NY got. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Tracy
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next