I forgot my password

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports Daytona 24 GT Repli-Race | Sunday Jan 29

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DriverSports Daytona 24 GT Repli-Race | Sunday Jan 29

Post  clacksman on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Last again thanks to brain fade. Brushed the wall into T1 not hard enough to get a sound effect but did get double right side damage. Interesting up to then.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  ttourist on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:34 am

Results:

RIP_Welsh_Don 40'39.006
ttourist 40'45.645 +6.639
robiker 40'56.191 +17.185
Rooster722 41'08.267 +29.261
mmacek96 41'41.849 +1'02.843
timneyb 41'57.725 +1'18.719
Captain_Deano TO
clacksman TO

Decided to try a no stopper since clacksman was in the same car and I figured he'd try it (and it was my only realistic hope for a win). Hung with Don and Rooster until they pitted on L10 and L11. Rooster had problems in the pits and Don caught back up with me with a handful of laps left and immediately pulled away. With a couple laps left, I came up on T1 to see Don off track and up against the wall with what looked like a broken car. Just got past him but he stuck with me (turned out his car wasn't broken after all). I had nothing for him with very little rear tire remaining and he passed and started gapping me. Finished the race with just enough tire to hold on the banking and drive controllably. Perfect tire conservation early on might have made a difference but I doubt it and I did as well with it as I could expect. Fun strategeric race.

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 am

Interesting race out there today guys and I was lucky to not get caught up with mm96 spinning in the bus stop early on, them Timney did the exact same thing a couple of laps later Shocked That left me, Rooster and TT dicing in the lead group. I made a couple of attempts to break clear on laps 8 and 9, but to no avail. So, I decided I'd pit at the end of lap 10 in an attempt to get a quick lap in on fresh rubber to pass Rooster and TT while they took their pit a lap later. My first split after exiting the pit was +36s, which dropped to about +34s by the split after the bus stop which was enough to get me passed with a gap. However it turns out Rooster had problems and TT was on a 0 stop strategy! I pushed hard and continued to see the gap coming down to TT, but wasn't sure if it would be enough to catch him by the finish. At about lap 17, the gap was closing fast and I eventually took the lead on lap 19 I believe, when TT had very little rubber left Wink. Pulled out a good 10s lead before making things difficult by missing my braking into T1 at the start of lap 21, lightly rubbing the wall but avoided damage luckily. TT came back through, but I had enough tyre to comfortably get back past and drove safely to the finish. Very Happy

Another fun filled race guys Thumbs Up!
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am

Glutton for punishment, watching my replay with my coffee. First 3 laps were fun, and my last 10 were frustratingly fast. In a 24 hour race I might have even come back a bit Smile Two major damage inducing crashes in the bus stop lead me to almost park it entirely, but I am very stubborn about finishing.

Lol at broken front axel/suspension bits. Hadn't seen that in replay before.

The BMW might have been interesting in the long run here. It seems faster at the top end, but a little slower in the corners, and tougher on tires. As everybody has to stop once though, the tire wear differences may have been moot.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

ttourist wrote:Decided to try a no stopper since clacksman was in the same car and I figured he'd try it (and it was my only realistic hope for a win).

For prep I just got my Q run and one 5-lapper. The guys in the practice room said the RX-8 might be able to make it, so I figured there's my strategy as I knew I didn't have the speed. Considering I Q'd 5th and was running 3rd near the end I'd like to say it was the right strategy, but I really was just ahead of the guys who crashed (tim/mm) or got put thru the pit (Rooster) except for maybe robiker who passed me in the first half as I was figuring out tire math. Had I done a long run I'd have maybe fixed the rear wear a bit better and/or found speed, both of which I'd have needed to be in the running for the win.

So, Like a Star @ heaven, in which tier do you Racin\' ?
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

FWIW, I think clacksman's drive through stop might have been induced by entering the pit area to the left of the entrance lines. Didn't look at any of the other stops. I don't know why that would necessarily make a difference, but I heard some chatter about some folks having erratic pit behaviour. I made two with really wrecked chassis, and the computer caught me fine. I wonder if it's relevant that the pit stalls start almost as soon as the AI takes the wheel.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mmacek96 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow what a race! I have run about a thousand laps around DRC in the past few weeks. With Not one Crash or Off. I had to crash sooner or later in the Bus Stop Chicane. It was on lap one I believe. The Camaro with its stock exhaust made so little sound out of the tailpipes I missed My downshift, I couldn't even hear My engine, as Timneys Bimmer was making a heck of an exhaust noise.
As far as pit stops go My first stop I came in too fast 105 mph and got held up for five seconds after the tyre change. When I made My routine stop for rubber on lap 12 all went smoothly. I came it at 90 mph and got out w/o being held up.
Thanks for racing till the end everyone! Don't stop cause Ya never know, someone else may make a mistake and You may pick up a position or two.
mmacek96

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum