DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC

+4
clacksman
timneyb
vkaifh
Forgetful
8 posters

Go down

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC Empty DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC

Post  Forgetful Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 pm

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC DSOLOGOA

DriverSports.org Rulebook:

Race Day: Friday January 27, 2012

Class: Touring Limited [FR]
Eligible Car List:
This event is being run with Triple-Cap regulations. See the Rulebook and Technical Regulations tab for full details.

Technical Regulations:
Tires: Sports Medium

Track: Daytona 5.73 km / 3.56 mi

Race Distance: 20 laps | 114.60 km | 71.2 mi

Qualifying Deadline - 9:00 PM EST

Drivers Meeting - Open 9:20 PM EST | Closed 9:30 PM EST

Pre-Qualifying Results:

Proper Room Settings:

Schedule:
  • January
    • Friday 13. Grand Valley East 3.00 km / 1.86 mi | 33 laps | 99 km | 61.38 mi
    • Friday 20. Road Course - Indy 4.19 km / 2.61 mi | 23 laps | 96.37 km | 60.02 mi
    • Friday 27. Road Course - Daytona 5.73 km / 3.56 mi | 20 laps | 114.60 km | 71.2 mi
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC Empty Re: DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC

Post  vkaifh Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am

q'd with a freshly painted Toyota 86 GT '12.

Strategy for tonight is simple: don't crash in T1 or anywhere else! duh!
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC Empty Re: DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC

Post  timneyb Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

vkaifh wrote:q'd with a freshly painted Toyota 86 GT '12.

Strategy for tonight is simple: don't crash in T1 or anywhere else! DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC 2699404744

Question: If you have to pit, like if you weren't able to avoid vk wrecking himself in T1 on lap 2 Razz , how is pit exit supposed to work? It seems to try to spit you out right onto the entrance of T1, albeit on the inside, which seems a bit unsafe. Do you just go with that and try to hold your breath, or do you take a quick left and follow the official pit road on the inside of the left armco?

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 am

timneyb wrote:
vkaifh wrote:q'd with a freshly painted Toyota 86 GT '12.

Strategy for tonight is simple: don't crash in T1 or anywhere else! DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Fri jan 27 | DRC 2699404744

Question: If you have to pit, like if you weren't able to avoid vk wrecking himself in T1 on lap 2 Razz , how is pit exit supposed to work? It seems to try to spit you out right onto the entrance of T1, albeit on the inside, which seems a bit unsafe. Do you just go with that and try to hold your breath, or do you take a quick left and follow the official pit road on the inside of the left armco?

Official pit exit with the quick left. It's not difficult to do smoothly so long as you're not napping when you get released. Smile
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am

I was about to ask that too.

My worst fear for tonight is exiting the pit after crashing in turn 1 just to damage the car again on that narrow pit exit affraid Laughing
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 pm

vkaifh wrote:My worst fear for tonight is exiting the pit after crashing in turn 1 just to damage the car again on that narrow pit exit affraid Laughing

First kink takes just coasting, the actual turn takes going no more than ~60 km/h. Oh, and stay off the grass.

Q'd a weird car, gotta work on it more tonight after dinner so post if you're making a practice lounge.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for having a tune to look at. As usual I tuned myself right out of having a drivable car lol. I had the braking diff way up. Never tried it that low. Kept having to hold my breath in T1 cuz 4 out of 5 times it comes in "floating" if that makes any sense. I was runnuin the 95 version I believe. Plenty fast enough, but deadly (good description lol). Think I went way too stiff also. Prolly should have reset and started over.

Prolly have a lounge up soon to quicktest and tune, then be back around 8:30.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:As usual I tuned myself right out of having a drivable car lol. ... Prolly should have reset and started over.

I use the copy tune feature. Name whatever I have with the track and lap time, copy it before I screw it up, and work on the copy. If it gets better I name that copy with the track and lap time and repeat. If it gets unfixably worse I go back to the known good one.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm

clacksman wrote:
I use the copy tune feature. Name whatever I have with the track and lap time, copy it before I screw it up, and work on the copy. If it gets better I name that copy with the track and lap time and repeat. If it gets unfixably worse I go back to the known good one.
Exactly how I was hoping it would be used Laughing

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm going to try and get a qualifying run in now, but if not, can I just start at the back of the grid for the race tonight?

Also, will i need to Friend request anyone, or do you run these in an open lobby?

Cheers,
Nige.
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 pm

timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:
Exactly how I was hoping it would be used Laughing

Too bad I was talking about the in-game one. Razz

RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:I'm going to try and get a qualifying run in now, but if not, can I just start at the back of the grid for the race tonight?

Also, will i need to Friend request anyone, or do you run these in an open lobby?

Cheers,
Nige.

Get some sort of time in by deadline. We do a live-Q race so it's not too important. We use open lobby for the race(s), the race host will send an FR to get you into the chat - make sure you're not on the 100-friend limit.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks Clacksman. Got a time with the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11, but no time to set it up, Very Happy Damn, looks like I missed it by 1 minute!! lol

PSN ID is RIP_Welsh_Don.

Cheers and see you all soon.
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 pm

I volunteered tt to host.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Should I be expecting a FR soon? I can't find the room in the open lobby, so if someone could post the number, that would be great.

Thanks

EDIT - Thanks Clacksman
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  ttourist Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Results:

mmacek96
Rooster722
RIP_Welsh_Don
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
wallhugger60
clacksman
Captain_Deano

Didn't get finish times. Embarassed
ttourist
ttourist

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 am

I know the top 3 were covered by 0.158s Very Happy

Great racing guys, glad to be a part of it and look forward to more cheers
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 am

RIP_Welsh_Don wrote:Should I be expecting a FR soon? I can't find the room in the open lobby, so if someone could post the number, that would be great.

Thanks

EDIT - Thanks Clacksman

We do the chat first, then make the open lobby room for that # of people who are in the chat.

ttourist wrote:Results:

mmacek96
Rooster722
RIP_Welsh_Don
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
wallhugger60
clacksman
Captain_Deano

Didn't get finish times. Embarassed

I think I was behind Deano by the end of the timeout timer; bent the car with ~5 to go and first pitstop just kicked me right through so I stopped and parked before I got in the way of the lead battle. Grip just disappeared ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am

great race and lots of fun for me; well at least for the first 12 laps. Then I got too close to timneyb when passing him, sorry again for that. Embarassed

On the positive side I made it through the whole race w/o any damage; watching the replay I know not all can say that Razz
The other positive thing I saw in the replay is that with non racing tires my wear seems to be less horrible. cheers

Already looking forward to the next one. Thumbs Up!

vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 am

vkaifh wrote:great race and lots of fun for me; well at least for the first 12 laps. Then I got too close to timneyb when passing him, sorry again for that. Embarassed

No worries. I also got a little into group and clacksman, misreading their car language and slowing everybody. I also screwed up Q by misjudging how much gap to leave and winding up almost on top of wall and deano when I was supposed to be making a fast lap. All in all not nearly as tidy an effort as my previous few races, but nonetheless very entertaining.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Guess I shoulda listenened to Roo when he said get a faster car while I still had time (before the Q) lol. Today I took the Yota out for a few laps and knocked 3 seconds off instantly Embarassed . I figured there's gotta be another car besides the 86 and S2000 that's competitive. I guess the RX7 ain't it lol. It's plenty fast enough in a straight line, but doesn't corner near as well for me. Clacks got his pretty close but that's with him drivin it.

The race was goin okay till around lap 11-12. I figured if I took it easy I'd at least finish in the same lap. I was debating pitting and in lap 16 I just bumped the wall in T1 and damaged the right front. Lost some time and figured if I could limp it through I'd still be okay but soon discovered right turns good, left turns not so good lol. So being the pig head that I am I still didn't pit and got lapped like lap 17-18. Guess it would have happened either way.

Glad to see some new faces too. Had some close lasp with Capt. Deano early on but I think he spun in the bus stop. There was a little lag with either me or him and we had a couple bumps. Hope I didn't mess ya up CD. I was really glad to have someone back there with me lol. Looked like you needed more gears down the straights cuz you weren't pullin away like I thought you would. Anyone heare will share a tune by the way. Most put em in the GTData link at the bottom of their posts. It's pretty cool really.

Definitely lookin forward to the next Friday run,Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  RIP_Welsh_Don Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Finish times as close as I could get them from the replay. Probably within 0.1s though Wink

mmacek96 - 40'51.834
Rooster722 - 40'51.908 (+0.074)
RIP_Welsh_Don - 40'51.992 (+0.158)
ttourist - 41'09.935 (+18.101)
group44 - 41'15.442 (+23.508)
timneyb - 41'19.249 (+27.315)
vkaifh - 41'.33.974 (+42.040)
wallhugger60 - (-1) Lap
Captain_Deano - (-1) Lap
Clacksman - (-2) Laps
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Nice work Don. Thumbs Up!
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down