DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse

+6
timneyb
Wallhugger60
Forgetful
AgentWD40_FL
vkaifh
clacksman
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 Empty Re: March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Fixed the PSN thread, thanks
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 Empty Re: March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:is there a minimum speed/time that I have to have? all your times are really close together, but i cant find any mention of min safe speed? i'm 2 sec off the number 1 time

Not at all Agent, if I were running I would expect to be about that far off the pace of some of these guys too. They are wickedly fast. We suspect that they are actually aliens sent to earth to dominate our Motorsports. alien

In all seriousness though, many of them were very close to going to GTAcademy event in Orlando and/or beyond, don't be discouraged!

Unfortunately I work tonight. And every night. At least for a couple more weeks. I'm a human. Smile

Everyone is welcome, and we're all pretty open about sharing helpful tips if you join us during practice sessions. Very Happy Usually we post about lounge-practice in the event thread during the week, and of course feel free to Friend any of us through you XMB and keep an eye out for if we show up in a lounge!
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:47 pm

thanks for the answer. some of the names i recognize with good reputation and it kind of drew me here. i'm hoping for good clean racing and possibly join for practice when time is allows. i'm not fast like this and dont want to be in way. this is 5race championship after all and i wish to just race and not be pace car in the way. points are fun, but i look for race fun here.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:thanks for the answer. some of the names i recognize with good reputation and it kind of drew me here. i'm hoping for good clean racing and possibly join for practice when time is allows. i'm not fast like this and dont want to be in way. this is 5race championship after all and i wish to just race and not be pace car in the way. points are fun, but i look for race fun here.

I'm the same way, so there's nothing to worry about there. Good clean racing is what we're all about. Speed will come. Cool I used to be able to keep ahold of Clacksman and Forgetful's tail; those days are long over, I'm so badly out of practice. Ninja
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:55 pm

vkaifh wrote:
clacksman wrote:Q'd. 1'38.848 lap, splits (from live timing monitor) 23.538 40.650 34.660 (so 1'04.188 cumulative at second split).

I got curious (and have some time on my hands) and checked my splits: 23.726 - 40.802 - 34.587

so I lose it in sector one and two; not really a surprise. In sector one I could/should bring a bit more speed through the left turn before it goes up the hill. Every once in a while I pull it off but not consistently. In sector 2 it's also all about bringing momentum through the right turn before it again goes up the hill. I shift down to 2nd gear for that turn because in 3rd I lose it too often, but I wouldn't be surprised if the aliens stay in 3rd.

3rd is better, 2nd puts you either on the limiter or having to upshift going uphill.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:03 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:is there a minimum speed/time that I have to have? all your times are really close together, but i cant find any mention of min safe speed? i'm 2 sec off the number 1 time

No minimum speed/time here (ask no_affiliations about his early races). Very Happy

Just as an exercise 2 seconds x 24 laps = less than one minute which means you should finish on the lead lap. We often have a guy or two lapped here (races designed for 40 minutes duration tend to do that). The guys you'll likely be with at about that pace are either of no_affiliations/HWKII, and you'll likely be chasing group/wall/orion who are chasing me/Rack/Rooster etc ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:14 pm

I can't tell you how much I hate this but I have to withdraw from the race. Sorry guys, see you next time. Mad
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 pm

clacksman wrote:The guys you'll likely be with at about that pace are either of no_affiliations/HWKII, and you'll likely be chasing group/wall/orion who are chasing me/Rack/Rooster etc ...

Putting yourself out front eh, we'll have to see about that!

vkaifh wrote:I can't tell you how much I hate this but I have to withdraw from the race. Sorry guys, see you next time. Mad

Ugh, that sucks, see you at the Sunday race hopefully?
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 pm

clacksman wrote:

No minimum speed/time here (ask no_affiliations about his early races). Very Happy

Just as an exercise 2 seconds x 24 laps = less than one minute which means you should finish on the lead lap. We often have a guy or two lapped here (races designed for 40 minutes duration tend to do that). The guys you'll likely be with at about that pace are either of no_affiliations/HWKII, and you'll likely be chasing group/wall/orion who are chasing me/Rack/Rooster etc ...

Lol, I'm happy if I can get within 2 seconds of the pole sitter. And I'm just as likely to be in the rear as anyone. Like has been said by a lot of others, everyone here is out to have fun first and podium results are a bonus. I'll be doing a better job posting practice rooms during the week. I am only able to run the friday races, so that's what I'll post up. We typically try to run at least one night for Fridays race, and it's been between Tuesday and Thursday most times. We'll do some tuning (when applicable), and other adjustments, a track walk if anyone wants it, and usually 2 or more short practice races (5 laps or more). Great bunch of racers here, and everyone helps each other. I know I've learned a ton here. Hopefully see ya in about 2 hours. I'll freind request ya too Smile

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I was going to say, I'm not usually that far off the pace! Sad

It's consistency which generally keeps me behind the front pack. I held on to Forgetful pretty nicely in the Caterham, thanks very much! What a Face

... Up until the wall. Suspect

Now, if we start up some Karting action, that's a whole 'nother story. cheers
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 pm

i submitted time and i see my name. practice tonight and i cant get out of 1:41s so i use time from last night and have replay.

thanks for comments and will do best i can. great to practice with others. car slow and fall asleep by myself. haha not used to comfort soft tires, so a challenge.

i'll paint car and wait for race. thank you
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm about to make a practice lounge. And by about I mean at about 8 o'clock eastern.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

clacksman wrote:I'm about to make a practice lounge. And by about I mean at about 8 o'clock eastern.

See ya then Very Happy
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

True story: clacksman is scurred to race me in a Kart. Twisted Evil
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:22 pm

HWKII wrote:True story: clacksman is scurred to race me in a Kart. Twisted Evil

Indeed.

7 of us in practice, good times.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:True story: clacksman is scurred to race me in a Kart. Twisted Evil

Indeed.

7 of us in practice, good times.

No <- This is my Green with Envy face.

Stupid work...

March 26th we're back to an 0800-1700, so at least I'll be home by ~6:30 Pacific most nights.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

March Cup Race 1/5 | Friday March 2 | Autumn Ring Reverse - Page 2 Photo_15
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, it looks like Clacksman backed up his claims to me... Suspect Shocked Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:18 am

HWKII wrote:Well, it looks like Clacksman backed up his claims to me... Suspect Shocked Laughing

Only up front, I got group/wall/orion wrong way around. Sad Meh.

Good race despite some lag. Started on pole, back to third early but was keeping up. Passed Rooster on a slight mistake, and got by Rack in a similar manner. Got overtaken into the final turn, but got a better exit to win the drag race to the line. Pics are neat but I'm too tired to deal with photobucket right this minute.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 am

Fun race, but man, this poor car is so homely I had to listen to the replay. affraid
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 am

thank you for the first race. i had a very fun time and no falling asleep in this little car. i thought i would have trouble at beginning, but 5 lap race procedure was easy. i read rules many times and helped. also ran fastest time all week in 5 lap, but that because i watched one race in practice. use different gear and line in couple places made me faster.

orion that was great race! 24 lap fight made race too short. i watched replay 2 times. you drove great clean and fair. does everyone here drive that good? sorry about 2 bumps was not trying to push you off. just trying to race hard and stay close for opening. you didnt give many. look forward to racing with you again anytime.

racers in front were very fast but i didnt pay much attention. orion gave me all could handle. lol

if i do something wrong in that race please tell me.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  ori0n378e Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:38 am

Agent, you did everything right. It was an awesome race!!! I felt bad about slowing you up the whole race. I think you would have walked away from me had you gotten around me. And those bumps, no problem at all. The only bumps you have to worry about are the one's that take someone out of contention, Embarassed I have done this, and not too long ago, or that wreck someone. But mistakes happen and I don't think anyone here will hold a grudge or be mad at ya, for too long anyway. Wink

ori0n378e

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:does everyone here drive that good?

We try. Very Happy
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 pm

clacksman wrote:
AgentWD40_FL wrote:does everyone here drive that good?

We try. Very Happy

Very Happy

I'll just say this too, small bumps in a Nissan March are much less likely to cause an accident than small bumps in say, a 400hp Touring Car, so our goal (and our rules) are to minimize all contact. Sounds to me like good hard racing though. Everyone should do their best to keep it clean, and here they do! What a Face

I think the best thing to read in that post, Agent, is even though you guys might not have been at the front, it just doesn't matter because you had someone to race the whole time; that's just the best feeling ever over 40 minutes of racing. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next