DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

+7
Forgetful
HWKII
GTP_Viginti3tres
vkaifh
robiker
Wallhugger60
clacksman
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 am

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D GTDSLOGO-11

Welcome to the DriverSports Lotus Esprit Trophy.

DriverSports.org Rulebook:

Race Day: Friday April 20, 2012

Car: Lotus Esprit V8 '02 [P]

This event is being run with the Tuning Prohibited restriction. The car must be completely unmodified and only the brake balance is adjustable. All aids including TCS and ABS are prohibited. See the Rulebook and Technical Regulations tab for full details.

Technical Regulations:
Tires: Sports Hard

Track: Nürburgring GP/D 3.63 km / 2.26 mi

Race Distance: 24 laps | 87.12 km | 54.24 mi

Registration Deadline - 9:00 PM EST

Register for this event

Drivers Meeting - Open 9:20 PM EST | Closed 9:30 PM EST

Registration

Proper Room Settings:

Schedule:
  • April
  • Friday 6. Tsukuba Circuit 2.05 km / 1.27 mi | 38 laps | 77.9 km | 48.26 mi
  • Friday 13. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 3.60 km / 2.24 mi | 24 laps | 86.4 km | 53.76 mi
  • Friday 20. Nürburgring GP/D 3.63 km / 2.26 mi | 24 laps | 87.12 km | 54.24 mi
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty Re: Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

Post  Wallhugger60 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Practice room will be up tomorrow night between 7:30 and 8 pm for Fridays race. See ya there if yer interested.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty Re: Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D

Post  clacksman Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:Practice room will be up tomorrow night between 7:30 and 8 pm for Fridays race. See ya there if yer interested.

Wall

Today = the tomorrow of yesterday. Will wander in when I see you pop online, playing LBP until then.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

PS3 locked up trying to get back on track there, so I guess I'll do some work. :p
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Mine locked-up three times today.
I think that's a new record for me.

Got down to 1:44.1 with 3/1 brakes.
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 am

got it down to 1'43.4. Still lots of time to gain; just most likely not by me Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty New to Driversports.org

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am

Can I still register for this event if I haven't participated an any series event as of yet?

Im assuming to submit a qualifying time, I have to use the make/model and track for that race?

Thanks for your help.
GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 am

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:Can I still register for this event if I haven't participated an any series event as of yet?

Im assuming to submit a qualifying time, I have to use the make/model and track for that race?

Thanks for your help.

Yes. Very Happy

Make/model yes but there's nowhere on the Q form for track, just the 'event'.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty wow. not even close

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm just starting out in on line comp. Untill venturing out into community i thought i was fast. But without abs I cant even crack 1'49. It seems I have a lot of practicing to do before I can run with you guys.
GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:Untill venturing out into community i thought i was fast.

Normal. Razz

What are you running for brake balance?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:38 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:I'm just starting out in on line comp. Untill venturing out into community i thought i was fast. But without abs I cant even crack 1'49. It seems I have a lot of practicing to do before I can run with you guys.

That's especially true of what happens when people come race here. Don't fret, even the fast guys don't bite. And of course, we're more than happy to help.

No ABS is a big challenge, don't feel bad.
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:It seems I have a lot of practicing to do before I can run with you guys.

I'm a firm believer in learning on the job. Just come out and race with us. During the race consistency is more important than top lap times anyway.
At least for us 'normal' people; the aliens deliver consistently insane lap times. But we only see them at the start and shortly before the end of the race, when they reappear in our mirrors. Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 pm

vkaifh wrote:
GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:It seems I have a lot of practicing to do before I can run with you guys.

I'm a firm believer in learning on the job. Just come out and race with us. During the race consistency is more important than top lap times anyway.
At least for us 'normal' people; the aliens deliver consistently insane lap times. But we only see them at the start and shortly before the end of the race, when they reappear in our mirrors. Razz

Truth. Time spent on track with guys faster than us is how we get faster. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:34 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:Can I still register for this event if I haven't participated an any series event as of yet?

Thanks for your help.

Hey man, welcome. Just click on the red "Register for this Event" link in the opening post and put in yer info. You'll have to put in a time. We just put in 9:99.999. Unless we end up with 2 didvisions, no need to do an actual Q run. We'll do a live before the race for starting grid position. I'll try to add you to my friends list later. We've got practice rooms up a lot of times for the races coming up and will try to put up the time/date before hand for each race. There should be someone on tonight I'm sure getting ready for this race. You can also ask for a "track walk" and we'll take you around the track and look at teh best line, the brake points and so on. They're a huge help. Everyone here will help ya if they can. Very Happy And don't be afraid to ask questions, and especially don't be discouraged.

Hope to see ya on later,

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:22 pm

i started out with the 3/1 balance as mentioned earlier. I went up to 5/1 after a while cuz the rear kept comin around on me.

thanks for the encouragement. ill look for a prractice room and continue running untill i can string some consistant laps together.

GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:45 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:i started out with the 3/1 balance as mentioned earlier. I went up to 5/1 after a while cuz the rear kept comin around on me.

thanks for the encouragement. ill look for a prractice room and continue running untill i can string some consistant laps together.

I'm on 2/0 but don't take any tuning advice from me. My personal chief engineer is clacksman. The best tip I can give you is to use gtdata.net. You'll not only find all the cars there but also a lot of tunes. Especially for cars used in these events.
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Back end coming out is you being still on the brake too much when you start to turn. Less rear brake force and/or a driving adjustment will help that. There's a couple guys here who go about your speed (1 sec/km slower than the crazy guys) when they race, so it's not like you're totally out to lunch.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I have to drive my brother to Vancouver very early tomorrow, which means I had to shuffle shifts, which means I'm working 3-10:15, which means I won't make this one Sad
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

GTP_Viginti3tres wrote:thanks for the encouragement. ill look for a prractice room and continue running untill i can string some consistant laps together.

i am new here myself, and not one of the fast guys. i race in 3 (sort of 4) different places and i enjoy this group the most. i dont say much but try to let my race speak for self. i dont care if i'm in last ... if race is good clean and fair, i'm very happy. come out and give it a try tomorrow
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am

got it down to 1'43.025. Adding my best splits I could theoretically be 0.5s faster. Practically it is more likely that I will be 2 seconds slower most of the time duh!

See you all tonight wave
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Well if yer 2 seconds slower most of the time, I may see yer tail lights on occasion lol. 43.02 is cookin man. I figured you guys would be hittin 42's before long. New rule...if yer name begins with c, R, VK, F or any thing but W, you don't get to practice until 9:00 pm Friday. Twisted Evil

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Cool. I'll give it a shot.

Ill try the zero on the rear brakes to see if that helps. I watched the tsukuba video and ran a few practice laps got it down to about 1'06. I think at gp/d I have trouble with the braking zones. Can't find a discernable marker at the end of the s/f straight. It's like I'm guessing every time. Same with the high speed braking zone before the last chicane.

Wanted to find a practice room last night but im at home with a swolen jaw and a head full of vicoden from a most torturous dental precedure. Wasnt feelin it. Plus I had just watched 'In Time' which put me right in sleep mode. Thought that movie was gonna be a lot cooler. However, everyone drove around in black 66 continentals which was cool and the cops all drove flat-black custom Challengers. There was also an old jaguar e-tyoe done in stainless apparently. Pretty cool until timberlake crashed it.
GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 pm

This is just reference. For the S/F line, just before the end of the shade or shadow from the grand stand is a good place to start with imo. And before the chicane at the end, there is a small access road or pavement on the right just before the first marker I believe which should get ya close. Some guys brake later or earlier, but that's not a bad place to start. Also I'm pretty sure the only place that the fast guys are going all the way down to second gear is the first turn only (correct me if I'm wrong) which makes a difference too on getting on the gas a bit sooner and not whippin around.

Wall

Last edited by Wallhugger60 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added the 2nd gear thing)
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks Wall. Ill look for those. And your right I've been running the whole thing in 3rd and 4th except turn one.
GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Lotus Esprit Trophy | Friday April 20 | Nurburgring GP/D Empty Thanks

Post  GTP_Viginti3tres Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

The rear brake at zero helped tremendously. Much more stable and predictable.

That info along with the braking markers got me down 1'47:455. I'm a solid 1'48.

GTP_Viginti3tres
GTP_Viginti3tres

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next