DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Forgetful wrote:Very Happy

Haha, glad you like, dat Photoshop. What a Face
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Forgetful wrote:Very Happy

+1

Logo stickers go better in the windows. Driver-side rear quarter window is ideal as it's not in the way (as you can't see thru it, that's important).
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Ya, it's moving. Got a few to work with.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Ku-xlarge
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Grabbed a couple of simple chrome license plate frames, pulled the sticker and gave her a wash.
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Null-22

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Null-21
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 am

Forgetful wrote:Grabbed a couple of simple chrome license plate frames, pulled the sticker and gave her a wash.

Nice pics, but that photo mode location is terrible.Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 pm

inorite? I was actually scouting locations to take some better pics. There's a nice tilted, tinted and quite reflective window wall at the Bingo Hall that might make a nice backdrop. It was busy when I went by.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:56 pm

lol

Forgetful wrote:... Bingo Hall ... busy ...

I used to work at a bingo hall.  It was busy every day and night ... until the gubmint disallowed smoking indoors.  Customers minus ~70% immediately.  Shortly thereafter, that was the end of that.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm

I just bought a '92 E30 318i Cabbie. Manual, 5 speed. Great shape, suspension and shocks recently replaced, 160k miles, brand new roof... Eeeeee.What a Face
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Boomgif
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 pm

SR20 rule (aka 'pics or it didn't happen)
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Forgetful wrote:SR20 rule (aka 'pics or it didn't happen)

All I have right now is Craigslist pics, so these will have to do until tomorrow when I drive down to pick it up.

Some minor electrical stuff to do on it, but these guys put a lot of maintenance in to her already. Sold to fund some other projects, plus convertible in the NW... They asked 4, got it for 3500. Sweet little 4 cylinder engine in it right now, and I've got a buddy dropping the M3 engine in to his 325i cabbie, so hand-me-downs for the win, somewhere down the road. Laughing

Yes, it's Jewish Racing Gold (Represent son!) however that's rectifiable. Strongly considering white or green. Britische Grun! What a Face 

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 01717_kUtxvdAPEAv_600x450
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:34 am

Congrats HK, it looks super clean! I'll have to post some pics of my (wife's) new toy when I get a few minutes. It looks like a trend that some of us are getting into new vehicles around here. Cool stuff!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am

Nice ride yo.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks guys! Yeah, it is in really great shape. The guys who were selling it own their own shop. The driveway was full of early to mid 90s German engineering. 325e, 325i. Merc 2.6 Cosworth 190e, Merc 190d. All the favorites. Very Happy

It's lowered slightly, on stiffer springs. Holds the road really well without quite as much bounding about as my buddy's 325i as a result. With 200lbs in the back, going over some really gnarly speed bumps, too fast, the rear tires do touch the wheel well enough to make a split second scuffing sound which was annoying but not really unexpected. This was a serious speed bump. Tires show no sign of this being a real problem, Michilin tires with about 5000mi on them.

There's some minor stuff; passenger side electric window switch is bad so it doesn't always go down. Up works, so I know the motor is good. Wiring or switch. Wiring on the electric mirror adjustment might be reversed, or might just be Jehrman. Passenger side door is drooping a couple of mm on the hinge, should not require any major work.

Going to find a local mechanic, or BMW dealership to put it up and give me a rundown of what needs doing and what can't hurt, and get to work pretty'ing her up. I love you
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:58 am

HWKII wrote: With 200lbs in the back

Whatcha got there,a paving slab, a la Top Gear cheap used convertible test where all three of them bought 325s?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 pm

It was the guy selling the car actually. Surprising he fit, since about 5'10, probably more like 170-180, but sat behind me so... shocking how much room there is inside.

Not for stuff, heavens no, but people fit ok.

Driving it home tonight, my father driving (!@)(#&(*()^@!#()(&(!@&# delays in licensing due to funding cuts in WA...) takes a fairly sharp on-ramp at a hair under 80 (That's a typo, if any of you are cops) and turns to me with a huge smile on his face and just says "Did you see how fast we took that?" car was flat as a board and not a decibel of chirp from the tires. New suspension has a stamp of approval. Cool

PIKTURZ now that I have it home! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce (This photomode location sucks, will improve and repost).

https://picasaweb.google.com/113852080217039140705/IOwnACar?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKfOtdCLgamc4gE&feat=directlink

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 IMG_20130730_191831
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 pm

That's hawt. Top looks pristine. Paint is all there. Tires are upright. Sweet rims. 

In that car I'm pretty sure you're exempt from any local distracted driving laws so long as you're talking on this:

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 13 Original

Also, blashphemy, parking garages are always good Photomode locales. Razz
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 am

Plastidip the Bottlecaps ASAP and get back to us with pictures. Twisted Evil

Cool car man, congrats!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am

HWKII wrote:80 (That's a typo, if any of you are cops)

... or you're just conveniently posting in km/h for the Canucks.  Laughing 

Also; dat Accord coupe in the background
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 am

I'm car-less for the day (and a bit of tomorrow) so that she'll no longer be wing-less... er, spoiler-less, I guess, thus making her even more flight-less. sunny
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 pm

clacksman wrote:... also do this to it wolololol

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-worlds-worst-custom-bmw-e30-972150572

You needed to put a 'this can't be unseen' warning on that one Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 am

Forgetful wrote:I'm car-less for the day (and a bit of tomorrow) so that she'll no longer be wing-less... er, spoiler-less, I guess, thus making her even more flight-less. sunny

Wing goooooooooes ... on ...
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next