DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:26 pm

If they keep the Le Mans connection then the 24h Triple crown is in play, if the big teams expand their programs beyond Le Mans.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Forgetful wrote:If they keep the Le Mans connection then the 24h Triple crown is in play, if the big teams expand their programs beyond Le Mans.

ACO is busy trying to get the WEC off the ground to make Le Mans part of a championship, and have already announced the '14 regs (with Chev/Toy/AudiorPorsche involved), ... so wat are the chances NASCAR goes with those furrin' P-car regs instead of DPs, or even considers allowing them to overshadow the DPs at Daytona/Road Atlanta/wherever?.

I think I'll watch the presser on Wed if Speed has it on like they usually do major NASCAR announcements. Doubt they'll say what's up for '14, but if Don Panoz or Scott Atherton are there they may still say something interesting.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm

clacksman wrote:I think I'll watch the presser on Wed if Speed has it on like they usually do major NASCAR announcements. Doubt they'll say what's up for '14, but if Don Panoz or Scott Atherton are there they may still say something interesting.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/grand-am-merger-press-conference-set-for-wedesday-morning/

In addition to NASCAR Vice Chairman/Executive Vice President Jim France and GRAND-AM President and CEO Ed Bennett, it's expected that ALMS founder Don Panoz and Series President and CEO Scott Atherton will also be in attendance for the history making event.

What a Face
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 am

Nothing too interesting happened. Other than zero mention of continuing the doubleheaders with Indycar (not even a sideways mention of temporary circuits or anyone from Indycar) so it looks like that part of the schedule is going away. Atherton mentioned 12 events as being the right number for the single series in '14.

Tracks/events they own:
24h Daytona
12h Sebring
6h Watkins Glen
Road Atlanta 1000 (still called Petit?)
Homestead (eww)

Tracks/events they (either of them) race at now or recently:
Laguna Seca
Barber
Road America
Miller
Lime Rock (stupid quiet Sunday rule)
VIR

'14 is closer than we think ...

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Gar529 wrote:Japan...

Holy awesomeness. My 4.5 year old son enjoyed this as much as I did. I'm not sure if that means he's really smart or that I enjoy silly things that 4.5 year old's like. Either way it was hilarious.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm

One thing I haven't heard much talk about with respect to the GA and ALMS merger is. If NASCAR bought the rights to Sebring and Road Atlanta, that could mean we may see 2 more road courses in NASCAR?

I wouldn't be upset at that, in fact I'd love to see those big P.O.S. tanks race at either of those tracks.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Best part of having iRacing loaded on your laptop, you get to watch your buddies race from the hotel room Thumbs Up!
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:28 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:One thing I haven't heard much talk about with respect to the GA and ALMS merger is. If NASCAR bought the rights to Sebring and Road Atlanta, that could mean we may see 2 more road courses in NASCAR?

I wouldn't be upset at that, in fact I'd love to see those big P.O.S. tanks race at either of those tracks.

I don't think NASCAR needs another Flawda race, and they currently go to the Atlanta speedway twice. I don't see it happening in Cup but Nationwide races at both are almost likely IMO.

group44 wrote:Best part of having iRacing loaded on your laptop, you get to watch your buddies race from the hotel room Thumbs Up!

lol

Boss' birthday is today. EVERYONE ON HERE LOOK BUSY
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Suspect
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Sleep
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 pm

farao
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Letting my laptop sit idle long enough to go to screensaver (3 minutes I think) caused a slight 'buzzing' noise in my nearby AM radio receiver. I closed the laptops' lid (which turns off the display) and the buzzing noise continued until I moved the mouse.

Intredasting.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 pm

So when the guy from your internet provider tells you that "you won't have ANY interuption in service while they make this small change.....I swear"....don't F'n believe it Mad . Just got back online from Tuesday! The shakes were getting real bad. They don't know how close I came to a total meltdown lol. Whew!!!

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:So when the guy from your internet provider tells you that "you won't have ANY interuption in service while they make this small change.....I swear"....don't F'n believe it Mad . Just got back online from Tuesday! The shakes were getting real bad. They don't know how close I came to a total meltdown lol. Whew!!!

Wall

Oh, I'm not the only one with a retarded ISP? Good news I guess. Neutral

Also since when do PS3 firmware updates not say how big they are somewhere in the process?

Also also why does a PC graphic card driver update need to be 240MB?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Also also also ALMS @ VIR on sportsnet1. Tape delay from yesterday but still.
dem improved camera locations
dat yard sale T1 L1
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Lol yard sale indeed.

Watched everything yesterday. Conti at MRLS. Shocked demo derby sporadically broke out in racing. Seen those pace lap wrecks on iracing.

NASCAR. Ok so I took a nap halfway through that and missed nothing.

Will Choke, i mean Power, shoulda Ayrton Schumacherd Hunter-Reay first chance he got. Hindsights a bitch. I'd have run around behind the pack like 5-time at the NSC All-star race until enough cars dropped out.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Forgetful wrote:Watched everything yesterday. Conti at MRLS.
Will Choke, i mean Power, shoulda Ayrton Schumacherd Hunter-Reay first chance he got.

Damnit I missed Conti. *checks speed sched for repeat*

Choke almost got 'im when he spun on the seam. Decent season was decent, overall.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

**Breaking News**

Nissan's Delta Dong Wing will race at Petit. I can't wait to watch it and make drunken jokes about it's phallic appearance. Very Happy
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:11 pm

clacksman wrote:

Are you folks of the Canadian persuasion able to access Speed2.com? If so all the Conti races are broadcast live on there, and available on-demand.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:28 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:**Breaking News**

Nissan's Delta Dong Wing will race at Petit. I can't wait to watch it and make drunken jokes about it's phallic appearance. Very Happy

It'll be drive by Lucas Ordonez too.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:56 pm

RackAttack wrote:
clacksman wrote:

Are you folks of the Canadian persuasion able to access Speed2.com? If so all the Conti races are broadcast live on there, and available on-demand.

Depends on what the show is and whether it's on TV somewhere up here and if so whether that TV carrier allows someone elses stream.

edit: tl;dr i dunno about Conti on speed2
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Dumbest Stuff on Wheels is the worst show on television. It is also the best.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm

"Dada racing? CRASH!"

"RARRWWW!!!" [waving t-rex in Dad's face down home straight]

Dad finishes respectable 2nd with one small off track, despite dodging more dinosaurs than my opponents.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm

timneyb wrote:"Dada racing? CRASH!"

"RARRWWW!!!" [waving t-rex in Dad's face down home straight]

Dad finishes respectable 2nd with one small off track, despite dodging more dinosaurs than my opponents.

lol! Now this is something iRacing needs more of, dinosaurs!
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 pm

In case you are bored and surfing the non sequitur thread...oh wait. Here you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTblPyMSTk&feature=plcp

My race from Sebring back on Labor Day. We (my father and I) started 22nd overall and 5th in class, and ended up
14th overall and 4th in class. I could have had 3rd in class (possibly
2nd) wrapped up, but handed the car over to my father at the 1 Hour 20
minute mark and my father had to avoid some debris and went off the
track, which messed with his head and ruined his mojo. He's sensitive
like that, but it's always special to share a race car with your dad. We
had a great time!

We're doing it again this weekend at Daytona,
except this time I'll make sure to lower the camera more so you can see more out of the windshield and can only
hope to do as well. Our car stinks at Daytona due to the long
straight, but it'll be fun.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next