DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

+6
ttourist
vkaifh
SpecMiata-JSW
clacksman
Revengel
HWKII
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

Post  RackAttack Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I can't find a setting for that. There's a check box below when I'm making a new post that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" and it's checked be default. Is there some way to make it not checked by default?
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

Post  Forgetful Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 pm

RackAttack wrote:I can't find a setting for that. There's a check box below when I'm making a new post that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" and it's checked be default. Is there some way to make it not checked by default?

Profile - preferences - 6th option down
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Forgetful wrote:
RackAttack wrote:I can't find a setting for that. There's a check box below when I'm making a new post that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" and it's checked be default. Is there some way to make it not checked by default?

Profile - preferences - 6th option down

lol... I read that list of options like 5 times looking for that, and never saw it. I guess I was only reading the ones that said "e-mail" in them.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  ttourist Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:08 am

Looks like mine got turned on somehow, also. It's off again. tongue
ttourist
ttourist

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 am

Every time I make a post, it gets turned back on for that thread.
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:28 am

robiker wrote:Every time I make a post, it gets turned back on for that thread.

Profile - Preferences - "Always notify me of replies" (6th down) set to "No" should keep that from happening, but that's what got set to "Yes" on mine last week.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Reply to in personal messages lead to light grey on slightly lighter gray in the text entry box.

Firefox, Mac.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Mobile version is great, but I can't post from it Sad

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 pm

timneyb wrote:Reply to in personal messages lead to light grey on slightly lighter gray in the text entry box.

Firefox, Mac.

Disable 'WYSIWYG' editor by clicking the [a -> A] looking button in the upper right corner of the editor. I still have no idea how to fix that bug I'm afraid.

timneyb wrote:Mobile version is great, but I can't post from it Sad

Yeah, I don't think anyone can. Mobile version is kind of worthless.
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:02 am

According to the blurb in the admin section it's in beta. Neutral
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 am

Forgetful wrote:According to the blurb in the admin section it's in beta. Neutral

Beta is generous, but yeah. No ability to make posts, no ability to go the end of a discussion quickly... (That one sucks really bad in the staff area where posts are ~30 pages or so... affraid )
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am

HWKII wrote:... no ability to go the end of a discussion quickly... (That one sucks really bad in the staff area where posts are ~30 pages or so... affraid )

None at all? PS3 browser gives top of last page of thread when you click new post arrow, slightly annoying but not a big deal.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:... no ability to go the end of a discussion quickly... (That one sucks really bad in the staff area where posts are ~30 pages or so... affraid )

None at all? PS3 browser gives top of last page of thread when you click new post arrow, slightly annoying but not a big deal.

Mobile app is worse than PS3.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 am

I prefer separate threads for each race over re-using a thread for multiple races within a series.

This expression of opinion is triggered by seeing it done both ways within one series Very Happy
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 am

Yup. We recycle threads elsewhere but there's less traffic in those threads.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

just found out the hard way that I don't have the rights to put links into my posts anymore. I'm pretty sure it worked before even though I haven't done it in a long time.
The evil about it is that you don't find out about it until you click send. Then you get an error message and what ever you typed is lost. Bleep!
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

vkaifh wrote:just found out the hard way that I don't have the rights to put links into my posts anymore. I'm pretty sure it worked before even though I haven't done it in a long time.
The evil about is that you don't find out about it until you click send. Then you get an error message and what ever you typed is lost. Bleep!

We have permissions for that set based on which subforum and which usergroup. Which subforum were you in?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am

I was in iRacing in the PC tech thread. I also tried it in a private message a short while ago and got the same error.
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 am

Wat... Mad

Looking in to this...
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 am

vkaifh wrote:I was in iRacing in the PC tech thread. I also tried it in a private message a short while ago and got the same error.

What were you clicking to insert this link? There's no permissions (or even an option to add them) for inserting links in to posts. There are permissions for Attachments, but those are universally enabled.

I am... confused... Question
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 pm

I use the icon that looks like a piece of a chain. When holding the mouse over it it says 'link'. When clicking on it it opens a popup to insert the link and how you want to name it. After clicking 'ok' on that link I see the link in my new message. When then clicking 'send' I get the error message.

test

looks like it just doesn't like my links to BestBuy. See above test. When trying to insert a link to a BestBuy product, I get this error:
You haven't got the rights to access this page

The link itself doesn't seem to be the problem. When I copy it into my email program the link works just fine

This is the link broken into multiple lines to get around the error:
htt
p://
www.bestb
uy.com/sit
e/Dell---XPS-Desk
top---8GB-Memory---1TB-Hard-Drive/57
73411.p?skuId=5773411&id=1218694833241

Last edited by vkaifh on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Our site and I apparently share a distaste for Best Buy, but for the life of me I can't think why the site would prohibit some URLs and not others... crazy study scratch
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm

just added the link to my previous post in case you want to try it out. Is there any more fun to have than hunting an authorization error? Certainly not in the SAP world. Evil or Very Mad
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm

vkaifh wrote:just added the link to my previous post in case you want to try it out. Is there any more fun to have than hunting an authorization error? Certainly not in the SAP world. Evil or Very Mad

What happens if you just paste the URL in to a post, instead of using the Link button at all? (Which is really only necessary to add the formatting without needing to know the specific BBCode).
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 pm

HWKII wrote:What happens if you just paste the URL in to a post, instead of using the Link button at all? (Which is really only necessary to add the formatting without needing to know the specific BBCode).

to my surprise I get the same error as when using the button. That's why I had to make those random line breaks to get it into the post
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next