DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:34 am

Dammit, missed my chance to try and talk you in to an Abarth.... I love you

One of my guys rented a Pop 500 in Burbank while we were down there. Super little go-kart. In sport mode and with sequential shift mode enabled, very zippy.Cool
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 am

Up for the start of the 24. Woo-coffee!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Will sell soul for live stream?
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Aww geez, Allan Simonsen succumb to his injuries. Crying or Very sad

He crashed the GTE-Pro Aston in to the wall at the exit of Tertre Rouge, hitting the Aarmco right where it was backed by a tree, just 15 mins in to the race.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh wow... Sad That sucks...

Not to be "that guy" but in this day and age, that there's a tree backing an Armco barrier...NeutralCrying or Very sad
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:30 pm

HWKII wrote:Will sell soul for live stream?

Speed's got the Vette again: http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette.

For actual race coverage, Radio LeMans is still my preference
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

And for some alternative banter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPpPcYDDu8
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm

group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Have spent much time today trying to find a Le Sarthe track for rFactor 2, but I have been nothing but disappointed. Sad

For that track alone, I could say I miss GT5/my PS3.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Buddy of mine at work turned me on to his neighbors MX-5. 1997. 106,000 miles. Yes, that is not a typo. KBB would say Very Good condition (older guy, dinged up the nose as a result of a situation stemming from health issues, thus the selling it). It's been reconstructed because of it being rear ended (not sure if this owner or previous) some years ago, but still in really good shape.

Brought it by today, so I got to sit at the wheel (and possibly, not entirely legally drive it a bit) of an actual MX-5 for the first time today. Now, as I've mentioned before, I am 6'4 and 275. He rolled up with the top up, hopped out and told me to take his place. Climbed in, fit alright. Got my feet on the pedals and uh... knees are sort of touching the steering wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock. Not pressed up against, but definitely touching. Problem... Turns out my buddy, who is the same height and build as me, traded 1.5 inches of leg for torso, so he doesn't have this problem.

During my alleged "test drive" this became even more bothersome. With my legs as long as they are, I was fine when I had the clutch in, but when I let it out, I didn't have enough room for both of my feet and would end up basically kicking my own heel. Oh, I should mention - I've driven for about a year on a permit about 10 years ago before my eye thing, but never a stick. So I may or may not have stalled the car 5-6 times before I managed to get it going. And rolled backwards about 15 feet during those attempts. It was hilarious and also quite rewarding to eventually drive off in it.

The guy wants $4,500 for it, would be willing to go down to $4,250. Kelly Blue Book says $3,600 for this car, but practical market value (looking around Craig's List etc) is honestly more like $6,000. Given the limitations of it's size, I might just have to give up on my dream of an MX-5, or have my legs chopped off. On to BMW E-30 convertibles.

Stephen, you know you want an NA Miata in awesome shape... Come on down Wink PIKTURZ HEER GUIZE
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 pm

Only stalled a half dozen times? Trust me, that's better than many people I've seen/tried to teach over the years.  Assuming from the pic of cockpit from above, there's no room to remount the seat a tad further back? Just speaking from mounting a seat in the kart, I had a similar thigh to wheel issue and a rather small movement of the seat made things... possible. Also, bumper sticker makes it a pretty good deal imo Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:07 pm

group44 wrote:Only stalled a half dozen times? Trust me, that's better than many people I've seen/tried to teach over the years.  Assuming from the pic of cockpit from above, there's no room to remount the seat a tad further back? Just speaking from mounting a seat in the kart, I had a similar thigh to wheel issue and a rather small movement of the seat made things... possible. Also, bumper sticker makes it a pretty good deal imo Laughing

Back of the seat is really sitting right up against the rear of the cockpit. The passenger side seat is about 1.5 inches forward with maybe 2 inches of clearance behind it. And old people who buy in to Portland's 'weird culture' are the best. Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 am

Total non-sequitor, but I grew up with this kid, so I thought I'd share a new song of his he just published.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am

group44 wrote:Only stalled a half dozen times? Trust me, that's better than many people I've seen/tried to teach over the years.  Assuming from the pic of cockpit from above, there's no room to remount the seat a tad further back? Just speaking from mounting a seat in the kart, I had a similar thigh to wheel issue and a rather small movement of the seat made things... possible. Also, bumper sticker makes it a pretty good deal imo Laughing
Also, those that say they know how to drive a manual, because they have never stalled. That's because they're too busy ruining the clutch to stall the engine.

At least, this is what I comfort myself with if I stall Smile

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 am

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 6 This10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 am

timneyb wrote:
Also, those that say they know how to drive a manual, because they have never stalled. That's because they're too busy ruining the clutch to stall the engine.

At least, this is what I comfort myself with if I stall Smile

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was trying to get it going, which is why I didn't abuse it too badly, and likely lead to most of the stalling. Still though, Mike did tell me afterwords he was expecting me to light up the rear wheels, I thought this was the better way to go.Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am

HWKII wrote:Oh wow... Sad That sucks...

Not to be "that guy" but in this day and age, that there's a tree backing an Armco barrier...NeutralCrying or Very sad

Public road portion of circuit there.  They've worked on the parts they own, doing something-or-other almost every year.  Still weird that there was no tires/foam/whatever in front of that armco as there's plenty of space for it.  

Also you can find Sarthe in GT4 on PS2 if you have that combo lying around.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 am

If the DP's come to La Sarthe maybe they'll bring SAFR barriers with them.

You could probably mount a different seat in there to gain some clearance. A nice Recaro would do the trick! But surely there are cars out there without the accident history. You should cast a wider net. I'm currently hoping to land a car that's far enough away for me to have to go get and drive back.

Here's a lady driven '90 in Vancouver with less miles for $3999 Canuck Bucks.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 am

Dafuq... Here's a V8 Phaeton for $8k. Must be cause it's the 'midsize' model Laughing or the nealy 300,000km
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Forgetful wrote:Dafuq... Here's a V8 Phaeton for $8k. Must be cause it's the 'midsize' model Laughing or the nealy 300,000km
Now you only have to find another whose previous owner very precisely destroyed everything except the power train.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Forgetful wrote:Here's a lady driven '90 in Vancouver with less miles for $3999 Canuck Bucks.

That's about the same as those go for here, except substitute 'minor rear-ender' for 'minor rust repair'.

Also "lady driven" means "instead of being driven hard by a guy it's been driven very gently into garbage cans and curbs and other cars".
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Here's another V6 Phaeton, judging by engine not actually mentioned.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2004-Volkswagen-Phaeton-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ480548733

Also lol at the ads with 'facts' that aren't even supported by Wiki.  'Designed and built in the Bentley factory', my ass.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Forgetful wrote:If the DP's come to La Sarthe maybe they'll bring SAFR barriers with them.

You could probably mount a different seat in there to gain some clearance. A nice Recaro would do the trick! But surely there are cars out there without the accident history. You should cast a wider net. I'm currently hoping to land a car that's far enough away for me to have to go get and drive back.

Here's a lady driven '90 in Vancouver with less miles for $3999 Canuck Bucks.

Seat problem is not the biggest one, feet problem is the biggest one.

Hmmm, what's $3,999 in real money....3800... that's a damn good price. And only 160km which is like... 12 feet right?

DAMMIT STEPHEN I WAS GETTING OVER THE MX-5 AND NOW YOU DO THIS TO ME... Crying or Very sad
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next