DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:45 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 Ku-xlarge

Not really 'Oak Tree Bend' anymore now, is it? Crying or Very sad

http://jalopnik.com/r-i-p-the-most-famous-tree-in-racing-647971287

Last edited by Forgetful on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Rip In Peace, Oak Tree; xxxx-2013
'No Tree Bend' 2013
Long live 'Sapling Bend' 2014-????
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

clacksman wrote:Rip In Peace, Oak Tree; xxxx-2013
'No Tree Bend' 2013
Long live 'Sapling Bend' 2014-????

clown 

Might be Gazebo bend for a couple more years until the sapling starts to poke above the tire wall.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Maybe they'll go with 'south' or 'north' or whatever compass direction that end of the track is at in the meantime.  They've got those gazebos everywhere.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm

They'll sell it to whatever company wants to sign a 3 year deal, so a decade from now it'll have changed names three more times.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Forgetful wrote:They'll sell it to whatever company wants to sign a 3 year deal, so a decade from now it'll have changed names three more times.

ffffffffuuuuuu-
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:50 am

SpinTires tech demo is worth the free download. There's potential there. Interested to see what they come up with for game modes when an actual game hits.

http://www.spintires.com/
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Well, it's looking like a bit of a stretch to finance the BMW. Crying or Very sad 

They've lent me a Focus ST for the day to try and convince me to get a new Ford. What do the masses think?

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 Null
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm a fan. Cool Good call on the color too.
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Been driving around a Flex for a couple of days. Awfully nice driver and interior is a win in my book. Never been a Ford guy, but I'm coming around. Financially a no brainer over the Bimmer too (hate to see a maintance bill on that glorious V10).
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 pm

It is a fun car. 6 speed manny tranny, 2.0L turbo with, 252 ponies and 270 torques through an LSD and big fat tires make for a helluva corner carver. I don't think I've ever driven anything that turns in like that, and it pulls hard from low down with the boost on. Yes, it has a boost gauge. You may have heard that cars like these tend to torque steer and I can confirm that is the case. It's not anything dangerous or unmanageable, so every time it happened I ended up with a little smirk on my face. It's like the diff is all too happy to be cornering and applying power at the same that it's too busy doing its thing to realize you're going straight now. The clutch is a little light at times, but then I haven't driven much of a manual since I had my last Focus, which had a similarly light clutch with which I got along just fine.

The ride is solid and the suspension firm. The seats are amazing (recaro don'tchaknow), the sound system is decent (little sub in the trunk like my old Focus SE). There's great legroom in the back.With me sitting in the back and the driver's seat at my driving position there was a good 6" between my knees and the back of the drivers seat. The boot isn't huge, but the seats do fold down. Not sure if they go flat. They are nice and well bolstered like the fronts.

The colour is Tangerine Scream, which has a nice metallic flake to it. The interior is all black, including the seats, which thankfully don't have the bright accents that are an option. The infotainment system is pretty intuitive, but the screen shows finger prints easily. Everything seems to have redundant controls in the touchscreen and with traditionally located buttons. The trip computer is its own little wonder of displays and options with one of those little 'grow the leaf by driving nicely' gauges for 'Shifting' 'Anticipation' and 'Speed'. I had no leaves on my shifting plant, half a plant full of leaves on 'Anticipation' and 3 leaves (of 6 I think) for 'Speed'.  I managed to grown one leaf for 'shifting' by the end of the day. Damn them for tricking me in to driving green. There's eco mode, sport mode and apparently track mode. Haven't found track mode yet but I have the car overnight.

I like it. It's powerful enough. It's fun to drive, but not stupid fast to the point that it will kill me. It's an awful/awesome colour. It's very well equipped and they're offering a great price and good financing, so this might be my new car.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:57 am

Or I could go on the Fiat site, build a 500 Abarth and find that the dealer in Kelowna has one to my exact spec, fully loaded for 5 grand less than the Ford...
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:11 am

...or FR-S.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:24 am

Focus ST not bad. Fiesta ST incoming shortly if you wanna spend less for an LSD-quipped FWD Ford Turbo. Also love the Flex for different reasons (closest modern thing to a station wagon). No Fiats.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Moving on a blue FR-S.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

I'd like to thank you all for your input and assistance in what has thus far been the most difficult decision of my life.

Today I purchased a brand new 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine (dark metallic blue). It's the manual, of course, and I'm having the spoiler and exhaust installed for a little something extra. I think this blue is something I can live with better than the Tangerine Scream on the ST.

As soon as I drove it I was over the Focus. Not as powerful, it doesn't pin you back with torque like the Ford, but man is it razor sharp in the bends. The shifter and clutch feel better than the Ford's and there's no torque steer for obvious reasons. It just feels more efficient and precise and fun to drive. Everything I've every owned loaded up in the corners and then started to push. This thing loads up and still responds to your every desire mid corner. It's epic.

Not as loaded as the ST, but can still bluetooth my music and phone calls off my iPhone. It's actually nice to not have any buttons on the wheel. It is cheaper than the Focus. The sticker on the Ford was over 34k, the Scion came in at less than 31k.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 8 Null-1
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:02 am

That's a sweet sweet car, Stephen, congratulations!

Very very jealous, that FR-S (or the incoming convertible) is top of my list once I get my credit situation sorted. It is more or less the primary factor in pushing me to do so Razz

Rear spoiler is a great option, cosmetically I think it ties the rear-end together really nicely. Without it, it looks a bit incomplete (Someone at work has a red one with no spoiler from behind it looks.. meh). Dat color...What a Face
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 am

Toyota couldn't be a better place to try and get your credit on track.

You get a chance to sit in it? You should fit from what I can tell, and if you want to wait for a convertible it will be everything you've ever wanted in a car, if I know your taste in cars as well as I think I do. Just don't have kids or need to carry anything.

Probably going to drive my brother to Whistler tomorrow which means I get to drive the Duffey Lake Road.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:00 am

Forgetful wrote:Toyota couldn't be a better place to try and get your credit on track.

You get a chance to sit in it? You should fit from what I can tell, and if you want to wait for a convertible it will be everything you've ever wanted in a car, if I know your taste in cars as well as I think I do. Just don't have kids or need to carry anything.

Probably going to drive my brother to Whistler tomorrow which means I get to drive the Duffey Lake Road.

Oh, I think you and I have pretty similar tastes, yeah. I do want to wait for the convertible version, and I have no illusions about it's practicality. It is a god damn sexy machine though. There's a ToyoSciotan dealership halfway between where I live and where I work, I should stop by on the way home on Monday and just climb in one to check things out. I am still a mountain of a man, but hopefully...

Also, Stephen's address, saved for potential stalking.Shocked Laughing I have friends in Surrey I'd like to get up an visit...

I could afford a rather significant down payment (in terms of % of price of the car) so... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... study

Right now, the short list, in terms of used 'for sale by owner' cars I've been looking at is:
Z4
Pursha Boxter
E30 BMW Cabriolet (Coupe acceptable)
*TR-6/TR-250

E30 I know I am good for (in terms of space), Pursha and Z4 I'd need to fit in. Boxter is more a pipe-dream, but curse Mike (the buddy who brought the Miata by for me to check out) for putting that idea in my head.

Triumphs get an asterisk because... I mean, I'm a damn fool, but I should probably be more realistic about "first car". Embarassed
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 am

I ain't got nothin' to hide. C'mon by anytime.

Just go. Test drive it. Think of it as a free amusement park ride. Just be warned it'll be hard to say no when asked if you want to buy it today.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:26 am

Forgetful wrote:I ain't got nothin' to hide. C'mon by anytime.

Just go. Test drive it. Think of it as a free amusement park ride. Just be warned it'll be hard to say no when asked if you want to buy it today.

Laughing The good news is that it likely wouldn't have to be ME saying no to me buying it today. Conundrum: That blue is the obvious choice, because damn. But now I can't buy a blue one because if I bring it north to visit, that's just... awwwwwwwwwwkward. 

Not red. That's all I know. White?

Dammit Stephen, it's already happening...

But... but... http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/3899081816.html
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 am

dat FR-S

What a Face 

wat happened to RWD being a problem? Razz:P 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:41 pm

lol, I never said it was a problem, I just said that AWD was nice in this region. If I hustled my Impala around in the winter I don't see the FR-S being a problem.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 pm

HWKII wrote:
Forgetful wrote:I ain't got nothin' to hide. C'mon by anytime.

Laughing The good news is that it likely wouldn't have to be ME saying no to me buying it today. Conundrum: That blue is the obvious choice, because damn. But now I can't buy a blue one because if I bring it north to visit, that's just... awwwwwwwwwwkward. 

Not red. That's all I know. White?

Dammit Stephen, it's already happening...

But... but... http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/3899081816.html

My second choice would be 'Asphalt', the dark metallic grey. Black is dead sexy too. They had two Arrest Me Red ones there and they do look nice, but red sports car = unwanted attention from Crown Vics.

Would you even be able to get that Triumph out of that garage? Do you want to drive, or do you want to spin wrenches?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next