DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  timneyb Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Unfortunately, less than three has got pretty crappy odds.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 pm

I have seen these photos a few times, and every time I think (but have not posted): Swerv got a job at Mercedes? Laughing

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 SLS_AMG_Electric-Drive
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SWERV_GRIFFIN Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 am

That the 'Lectric Benz, as I'm sure all of us know. Been haning out at GT Planet a lot lately trading, and was gifted this Replica (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). Very Happy
SWERV_GRIFFIN
SWERV_GRIFFIN

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:38 am

I do love the look of chrome cars...especially race cars. This car looked ridiculous in person.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 IMG_3468_zpsb03becb3
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:43 am

Another one of my favorites. This is the car Sean Johnston (GT Academy pal) drove at Petit. Lucky son-of-b!tch. Laughing

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 25 8123459214_ecc3bf69e8_z_zps334e5cf5
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Umph, I ain't built for that anymore drunken
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 am

Make the awful sound stop! pale
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

group44 wrote:Umph, I ain't built for that anymore drunken

heh, I never was so I leave it to the experts. Laughing Saw a few faces appearing worse for wear on the 2nd.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

http://jalopnik.com/5973168/alms-and-grand-am-announce-plans-to-become-most-confusing-thing-in-the-world

Multi-class sports car racing is already incredibly confusing. Many of the cars look the same and are only differentiated by varying tire compounds and engine specs.

It's doubly confusing in America because we have two competing sports car endurance series in the ALMS and Grand Am and they both have different class names. I'm willing to bet that a casual viewer has a brain aneurysm when trying to discern between all the classes. I mean look at all of these: P1, P2, LMPC, DP, GT, GTC, GX.

It's a mind fuck.

They are merging into one series for 2014 which you think would alleviate the confusion. It's only going to make it worse. Here's how they're doing it:

DP and P2 will be combined into one performance equalized class, possibly called DP2 or P2D or Racing Car Zone 1. It will also include the Nissan Deltawing which doesn't really fit into either of those original classes.
LMPC will be it's own class still. Remember that these cars look the same as P2 cars which look nothing like DP cars yet aren't as fast as either.

The ALMS GT class will continue as its own class but the ALMS GTC class will combine with the Grand Am GT class even though all three classes of cars look exactly the same and have the same types of cars in them.
The Grand Am GX class will debut at Daytona this year and will then resurface sometime in 2014 or 2015 as it's own class or as part of one of the GT classes with cars that look exactly the same as those in GTC and GT.
Got it? No? Neither do I. But it still isn't as bad as how Volkswagen names cars in China.

Oi
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:08 pm

So I am not the only one out there who thinks that Mutliclass racing is getting out of control? I guess the reason is so that they can attract large fields. I suspect that even at Le Mans, a lot of the LMP2 class would pull out if they had to compete against Audi or Toyota (*cough* I'm looking at your Pyoojote).

I'm down for some Multiclass racing if the two cars are dramatically different. Am I the only one who'd love to see an Indy or Daytona 500 with Indy and NASCAR on the same track at the same time? affraid
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm

And with so many classes everybody can be a *winner*, just like elementary school, so fewer teams get sulky because they aren't winning and leave.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 pm

timneyb wrote:And with so many classes everybody can be a *winner*, just like elementary school, so fewer teams get sulky because they aren't winning and leave.

Yes, this is what I am thinking. This is also what I want to shout at the TV every time Ferrari complains about spending in F1.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

HWKII wrote:So I am not the only one out there who thinks that Mutliclass racing is getting out of control? I guess the reason is so that they can attract large fields. I suspect that even at Le Mans, a lot of the LMP2 class would pull out if they had to compete against Audi or Toyota (*cough* I'm looking at your Pyoojote).

I'm down for some Multiclass racing if the two cars are dramatically different. Am I the only one who'd love to see an Indy or Daytona 500 with Indy and NASCAR on the same track at the same time? affraid

Multiclass racing is what you get when someone wants a minimum car count but can't get it to happen with their dream rules so they add the next class to increase the number of show-ups ... repeat until "full field" is reached.

Dramatically different class speeds is what causes crashes like we've seen at Le Mans the last couple years - a slow car from a slow class trips up a fast car in the top class.

timneyb wrote:And with so many classes everybody can be a *winner*, just like elementary school, so fewer teams get sulky because they aren't winning and leave.

This. Even motorbike racing is like this in the AMA - there's enough 'national' classes that any manufacturer enters whatever one and races against 95% private teams, leading to everybody being happy because they can all run 'win' ads on most Mondays.

edit:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/grand-am-2014-class-structure-announced/

the '14 ALMSGA won't be running P1-level cars at all. That's a good move. Also the Mazda coming into GX looks sweet (go to mazdaspeeds facebook page) for a diesel FWD.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Loving the look of that Mazda, but I'm really going to miss the sweet sound of the Wankel. I'm mad it's gone. Evil or Very Mad
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:07 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Loving the look of that Mazda, but I'm really going to miss the sweet sound of the Wankel. I'm mad it's gone. Evil or Very Mad

You and me both! Hopefully Mazda decides to do something with their next gen Rotary: http://www.mazda.com/mazdaspirit/rotary/16x/
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Figure out how to make one of those wobbling triangle engines get better than 20mpg in a 3000lb car for them and it'll be much more likely to happen. clown
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:05 pm

clacksman wrote:Figure out how to make one of those wobbling triangle engines get better than 20mpg in a 3000lb car for them and it'll be much more likely to happen. clown

Yeah, that's was one of their two main design goals when designing the 16x. I found an article quoting Mazda's powerplant development head saying that the 16x is 30% more fuel efficient. That would mean ~27 mpg on the highway rather than ~21, which I think would be marketable.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

RackAttack wrote:
clacksman wrote:Figure out how to make one of those wobbling triangle engines get better than 20mpg in a 3000lb car for them and it'll be much more likely to happen. clown

Yeah, that's was one of their two main design goals when designing the 16x. I found an article quoting Mazda's powerplant development head saying that the 16x is 30% more fuel efficient. That would mean ~27 mpg on the highway rather than ~21, which I think would be marketable.

As a potential buyer, yes it would Smile That would put in the ballpark of WRX/Evo/FR-S competitors.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm

On the topic of Mazdas, though not AFAIK rotary engines, I was a little disappointed when I saw the MPG on the sticker of an MX-5... Still want. Still cannot get over fear of ridicule of owning one. Embarassed
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 pm

HWKII wrote:On the topic of Mazdas, though not AFAIK rotary engines, I was a little disappointed when I saw the MPG on the sticker of an MX-5... Still want. Still cannot get over fear of ridicule of owning one. Embarassed

If anyone gives you hell about owning one, just show them any in car footage of an MX-5 Cup or Spec Miata race. That usually does the trick. Smile
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 am

John, you'd better hide ya kid, hide ya wife, hide ya RACECARS!

http://jalopnik.com/5974086/strippers-stolen-supra-found-stripped?post=55934571

I saw the pictures and could not believe my eyes, not because the extent of the chop but the fact that that car is sitting in the exact same lot that my built turbo s2k was a month ago chopped in half. The people that took my car either cut a key or put it on a trailer and had it totally stripped in under a day. It got taken from my apartment building in Winter Park and i'm not really sure if its that close but I recognized the lot immediately in the picture. If you live in central Florida and have a highly modified car you had better put it in a locked garage because this kind of stuff has been happening there with increasing frequency and it seems that these thieves are pretty professional.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:
HWKII wrote:On the topic of Mazdas, though not AFAIK rotary engines, I was a little disappointed when I saw the MPG on the sticker of an MX-5... Still want. Still cannot get over fear of ridicule of owning one. Embarassed

If anyone gives you hell about owning one, just show them any in car footage of an MX-5 Cup or Spec Miata race. That usually does the trick. Smile

This feels like one of those 'What I think I'm doing, what my friend's think I'm doing, what I'm actually doing' pictures would be appropriate. In this order, John in his Spec Miata race, Barbie Corvette, Sitting in traffic. Laughing We're going to all have to use our imagination here...
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 am

HWKII wrote:
SpecMiata-JSW wrote:

This feels like one of those 'What I think I'm doing, what my friend's think I'm doing, what I'm actually doing' pictures would be appropriate. In this order, John in his Spec Miata race, Barbie Corvette, Sitting in traffic. Laughing We're going to all have to use our imagination here...

lol'd
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 pm

I chuckle'd
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next