DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac)

+4
clacksman
AgentWD40_FL
robiker
Forgetful
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 Empty Re: DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac)

Post  imfasterkb Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 am

unfortunately due to some family circumstances i won't be able to make it tonight. once again RL gets in the way.

i will however be looking forward to the video replay of tonight's action. have fun gents.
imfasterkb
imfasterkb

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac) - Page 2 Empty Re: DriverSports Tarmac Rally Challenge | Impreza RM | Tuesday April 10 | Toscana (Tarmac)

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 am

i'll be running this tonight, but unsure of practice. the list of honey-do's keeps growing.

leige isnt an easy track, but i may need to wing it with little practice

clacksman, are you up and running? hope so
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:49 am

I had a lounge up briefly but I got kicked. Will check for you after food.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:16 pm

In, gonna hop on for some practice at the randomness.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Last edited by Forgetful on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Managed to keep my damage to a minimum. Good times in Belgium.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Nice job, Rallymeister!
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 am

Hmm, can't read the Google doc. Shocked
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:47 am

I see the iFrame, but I see no document inside it. All of the shared Google docs seem to be doing that to me. Embarassed

All I see is this bit in a white box:
Published by Google Docs – Report Abuse – Updated automatically every 5 minutes
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:50 am

How about now?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 am

No change. Trying a different browser (Firefox 11.X right now.)
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 am

Odd, works fine in Chrome. iFrame y u broken in Firefox...
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 am

Looks ok to me with Firefox.
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 am

just wanna post a quick thanks for running this 3 -week rally event. really enjoyed the flying lap format and the unknown track layouts at alaska and leige. makes me want to run these some more. lol

hope DS brings this back soon. much fun!
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:52 am

Indeed this event needs to be revisited. Now if I can just figure out how you all go so darned quick Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm

I really liked it too. I even got a stage win in at the end there.

Rally, as imfaster will tell you, is NOT about powering through the big slides, coming out of the corner sideways. The most important thing, just like circuit racing, is to get your car pointed in the direction you want to be going, and to get to full throttle. Wheelspin is bad off-road.

Use the width of the track, start wide, apex, exit wide. Slow in fast out is an understatement with such a high risk of damage. I found myself braking really early and rolling in to any corner at the end of a fast run.

The map setting is really important too. If you have your map locked to the car and set to 5 or 6 zoom, then it's like having a co-driver.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Forgetful wrote:Rally, as imfaster will tell you, is NOT about powering through the big slides, coming out of the corner sideways. The most important thing, just like circuit racing, is to get your car pointed in the direction you want to be going, and to get to full throttle. Wheelspin is bad off-road.

Use the width of the track, start wide, apex, exit wide. Slow in fast out is an understatement with such a high risk of damage. I found myself braking really early and rolling in to any corner at the end of a fast run.

The map setting is really important too. If you have your map locked to the car and set to 5 or 6 zoom, then it's like having a co-driver.

These. Other than I wasn't using full width at the apex; just the width of the level stuff between the banks (using the banks fine entering and exiting).
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  imfasterkb Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Forgetful wrote:I really liked it too. I even got a stage win in at the end there.

Rally, as imfaster will tell you, is NOT about powering through the big slides, coming out of the corner sideways. The most important thing, just like circuit racing, is to get your car pointed in the direction you want to be going, and to get to full throttle. Wheelspin is bad off-road.

it's really funny...most people out there think that rally is all about that huge drifting power slide coming through the corners. in actuality sliding too much means loss of momentum and therefor loss of time. the question im asked most often while racing online is "how the hell are you going so fast with the same hp cap as everyone else??" i always tell them the same thing. quit sliding the car so much and you'll go faster. sure the car is going to slide and it needs too but only to a certain extent that you can bring the rear-end around (rotate in rally terms) and point the nose in the best direction to exit the corner...ie set the car up for the exit. selecting higher gears helps tremendously with wheel spin coming out of the corners. excessive wheelspin = loss of momentum and loss of time also.

it takes practice to get each car to do exactly what you want it to do. it takes even more practice to slide as little as possible without losing too much time thru the corners. with fixed track layouts its easy to practice the same corners over and over again. not easy at all with changing the track layouts. had i known about the map lock and zoom thingy i might have stood a better chance at not damaging the hell out of my car. as it was i was just flying through the track with my overview track map and really couldn't tell what exactly was ahead until i was going thru the corner. next time around i'll know what to do when i get time to practice...bring a co-driver.

use the tools at hand right???!!!??? duh!

even though i didn't do well at all in this series it was still a blast and i look forward to the next one. Thumbs Up!
imfasterkb
imfasterkb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:28 pm

We're going to move to Tuesdays and tarmac for the time being Smile
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 am

i'm in for this tonight.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 am

Pretty sure I'll be in, will register shortly after dinner.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Registered in the wrong car, can only use IE at work so I can only see the first ~20 characters in the drop down. Sorry.
Weekdays will mean I get in the door around 6:25pm, so please send the chat invite but don't hesitate to just go if I don't make it by the cutoff. Very Happy
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Will be there soon as I fire up the PS and buy some sport softs Embarassed
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next