DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road

+8
group44
vkaifh
timneyb
clacksman
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
HWKII
Forgetful
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 Empty Re: DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 am

RackAttack wrote:Officially changing my entry to the FTO Super Touring Car.

Tune

darn, i knew this was a good car. Razz lol! it's one of the top cars in my list to try for this event, but havent been able to get ahold of it. we have 2 practice races before the official series. i hope my UCD/OCD comes through for me, or i can find someone with a rare level 16 ticket.

i was down to a choice of 2 cars last night, the rx-7 TC and LM. the TC was great the first race. the second race I tried the LM. by the second corner of the first lap i bailed out. it had no steering in a pack of cars. the second turn/hairpin i almost wiped out everyone around me. i think i heard someone laughing as i tried to avoid and get off the track. that was scarey. affraid

i can turn a few mid-43's with the TC, so i'll at least be competitive for awhile. surprisingly, the fast laps happen late in the tire run. look forward to tonight. bounce
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 Empty Re: DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road

Post  clacksman Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:i can turn a few mid-43's with the TC, so i'll at least be competitive for awhile. surprisingly, the fast laps happen late in the tire run.

Interesting.

edit: 7ish to 11ish eastern time for me.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SWERV_GRIFFIN Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:
RackAttack wrote:Officially changing my entry to the FTO Super Touring Car.

Tune

darn, i knew this was a good car. Razz lol! it's one of the top cars in my list to try for this event, but havent been able to get ahold of it. we have 2 practice races before the official series. i hope my UCD/OCD comes through for me, or i can find someone with a rare level 16 ticket.

i was down to a choice of 2 cars last night, the rx-7 TC and LM. the TC was great the first race. the second race I tried the LM. by the second corner of the first lap i bailed out. it had no steering in a pack of cars. the second turn/hairpin i almost wiped out everyone around me. i think i heard someone laughing as i tried to avoid and get off the track. that was scarey. affraid

i can turn a few mid-43's with the TC, so i'll at least be competitive for awhile. surprisingly, the fast laps happen late in the tire run. look forward to tonight. bounce
The reason that the LVL 16 Ticket is so rare, is that it so far does not exist AFAIK. I have every Ticket of every type in the game, and no LVL 16. mygranturismo.net does not list it as existing(yet) either.
SWERV_GRIFFIN
SWERV_GRIFFIN

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Blargh, I won't have the energy for this tonight. Stupid infectious biology.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 pm

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:
The reason that the LVL 16 Ticket is so rare, is that it so far does not exist AFAIK. I have every Ticket of every type in the game, and no LVL 16. mygranturismo.net does not list it as existing(yet) either.

thank you kindly. i hope i come across the fto someday.
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  SWERV_GRIFFIN Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:
SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

thank you kindly. i hope i come across the fto someday.
PD is regularly adding Tickets for the Seasonal Events. I'd imagine that the LVL 16 is coming soon.
SWERV_GRIFFIN
SWERV_GRIFFIN

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Anyone up for running some more GTS Practice before the race today?
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:51 pm

In Revengel's Lounge practicing for the foreseeable future.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:10 pm

HWKII wrote:In Revengel's Lounge practicing for the foreseeable future.

May join after I watch the MotoGP race.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Lunch then testing. Will look for friends. Cool
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Pace(ish) coming back to me.. 1'43.5... What a Face
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SWERV_GRIFFIN Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 pm

I had fun practicing with everyone earlier. Wish that I had more time to play.
SWERV_GRIFFIN
SWERV_GRIFFIN

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

whos lounge are you all in. may i join?
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I see mm and rack in RackAttack's lounge, that's it
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 pm

thanks forgetful
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm

I'd like to watch.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Sure
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 am

Agent, I looked over the replay and the whole thing looks like the Icecapades for me, which makes me wonder if I had a not so great connection to the host. Either way, at the end of the race you asked me if I'd had anything to say and I wasn't sure what you were talking about at the time.

At the start of the race, your car rocketed up the banking and I'd gotten better traction (4WD, it certainly wasn't talent...). I went down low having seen you in the other "lane". I may have pushed that gap a little bit hard considering, but honestly I had no idea where you were going to end up on the track. It wasn't malice. I want to apologize for the contact, I think I got in to your blind spot as we approached turn 1. Tried to give you as much room as I could and stay on the track myself, but ultimately there didn't appear to have been enough. The replay shows no damage to your car, but I don't think that's accurate. I hope there's no hard feelings.

After that, I managed plenty of damage to myself.

And ... what on earth happened on Turn 3? It was like a Blackhole opened and swallowed 3 cars, never seen anything like that... pale
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  mmacek96 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 am

One thing for sure starting a race at Daytona requires special attention. As the rear end breaks traction it will cause the rear to slide out to the drivers left. Causing the car too go right. You have to be ready to make an instant steering input and throttle modulation. I noticed several drivers adapting to the banked start during the many races I have run here.
The run at the start down into T-1 well... caution is balanced w/ bravado as moving up a position is key but not causing an incident is also very important. (note to self)
As for the mysterious black hole, the time space warp that happens thankfully only online. It showed Us that virtual racing isn't perfected yet. Cars actually.. dramatically.. changed on track positions, I'm not sure I've seen that in a League race yet.
Great Win Rack, super run Rooster, Bad luck Robiker. You had a good car.
This is going to be a good series!
mmacek96
mmacek96

Back to top Go down

Post  robiker Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

That lag spike sucked for me. Rooster's car pushed me off into the grass and I skidded into the tire wall. We had a similar spike in the March race at Trial Mountain. I wonder if the host's computer could be causing that when it does a virus scan or update. I've been closing all applications on my computer before I race, but I'm going to start turning it off.
robiker
robiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Virus Scan shouldn't impact latency, though an update which is consuming a lot of bandwitth might. Microsoft Updates aren't typicaly bandwidth heavy, but if you're somewhat limited in that area, it could. Forgetful typically has a pretty stable connection and lots of throughput. It may have also just been the PSN. All I saw was Robiker suddenly shoot out over the grass, then slide sideways left while pointing straight, and then in to the barrier, followed quickly by a couple other cars. Then the replay shows the whole room has engine and front right corner damage.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:40 pm

17m15s into video, glad i was rearview mirror racing. the jaws of life would have been necessary had i not. DriverSports GTS Pre-Season | Sunday April 8 | Daytona Road - Page 4 426192085
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next