DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

+5
robiker
AgentWD40_FL
vkaifh
clacksman
Forgetful
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 Empty Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  AgentWD40_FL Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48 am

this is a great example of, 'it's all about the racing'. its always great to win, but i do this because of nights like last night. from the start to the finish, what a race between positions 2,3,4 and 5. forgetful made a nice run at the beginning to catch 2,3 and 4. timney had some trouble in the last esse's before the last corner to front straight and i just missed collecting him, which would have piled everyone up. whoever was behind me ... nice job avoiding me, while i avoided him. a couple more laps at the end and timney would have caught us. the spitfire was making some ground. almost had rooster on the last lap, but too many mistakes while pressing cost me time. fantastic racing everyone .... fantastic! cheers

really looking forward to next week so i can sweat some more ... lol

congrats on the win clacks! will be looking for the replay to watch. :-)
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5 - Page 2 Empty Re: DriverSports G Production Pre-Season | Sunday June 10 | SSR5

Post  timneyb Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:this is a great example of, 'it's all about the racing'. its always great to win, but i do this because of nights like last night. from the start to the finish, what a race between positions 2,3,4 and 5. forgetful made a nice run at the beginning to catch 2,3 and 4. timney had some trouble in the last esse's before the last corner to front straight and i just missed collecting him, which would have piled everyone up. whoever was behind me ... nice job avoiding me, while i avoided him. a couple more laps at the end and timney would have caught us. the spitfire was making some ground. almost had rooster on the last lap, but too many mistakes while pressing cost me time. fantastic racing everyone .... fantastic! cheers

really looking forward to next week so i can sweat some more ... lol

congrats on the win clacks! will be looking for the replay to watch. :-)

Well, those first 4 laps aside, obviously if you screw up and race by yourself in a low powered car, it's not quite the same experience Mad Decelerating into the last turn complex my car started to rotate left, but I hoped to control the inevitable snap back right, and just lose a little scrubbed speed (as I had a couple times in practice, under similar conditions). That never happened though and I wound up facing the wrong way, having to let the field go by. Dammit.

I was holding time with the 2nd place race though, maybe even gaining. Lost ~5 seconds over 18 laps to clacksman's truck-company car though.

I'm not sure I'll stick with the Spitfire, as I think it's a bit of a turd despite holding reasonable time mid-race, but I might for variety's/laziness's sake.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

timneyb wrote:Well, those first 4 laps aside, obviously if you screw up and race by yourself in a low powered car, it's not quite the same experience Mad

thats what usually happens to me, and it seems about every race too. i screw up early and end up driving by myself for 1/2 hour. it just felt good to have a race without a major blunder/damage.

was impressed with your spitfire. i couldnt get it to drive as well as you had. glad to have shared track with you
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

I had a spell of driving alone, and even recently I've found myself in a hunting position. Lately I've actually been catching up to the cars I've been chasing. That kind of hunting can be almost as thrilling for me as pack racing.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Revengel Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Looks like this is what I get for not being here with youse guys! As I didn't have the GT Academy 350Z I was browzin' about for a last series to take on before our expected arrives, but I should have checked here more often.

I know I have a Spitfire in the garage, and a couple others on the list. I'm going to try for next weekend, so watch out youse peeps in last place...I've come to reclaim my throne!

Or something.
Revengel
Revengel

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Forgetful wrote:.... Lately I've actually been catching up to the cars I've been chasing. That kind of hunting can be almost as thrilling for me as pack racing.

that happened to me last night at the end. was probably about 7-8seconds behind the pack of robiker, you and rooster, with a bunch of laps left. i'm sure a few things happened in the group to slow them down, but i hung in there with some good laps. i had cut the gap from 2nd to 5th at the finish line to about 2 seconds. it felt real good to catch back up, even though it didnt show on my finish position. very good times.

gonna watch your video now. thanks for those! Very Happy
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I love gap management/chasing races too. But there's a difference between 5 second gaps and 20 second gaps Smile

Not whinging, just grumbling at a stupid error on my part, where I should have tried harder at slowing up and controlling a mistake, before it turned into a complete mess in the wall. I missed out on all the fun Crying or Very sad

When will be know the schedule for the rest of the races? I thought I heard a birdie say it would be all GT-original courses.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:49 pm

timneyb wrote:When will be know the schedule for the rest of the races? I thought I heard a birdie say it would be all GT-original courses.

Starts out that way. Cool Plan is A-ring, Trial Mountain, Cape Ring South, Laguna Seca, Madrid reverse, and Nurb GP/D.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2