DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Wed May 22, 2013 11:12 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:Watched a reply of the 89th Indy 500 tonight, won by Dan Wheldon and led by Danica Patrick (rookie season) in the closing laps. Dat patronizing commentary... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Was that the year :
1) she spun out late between 3 and 4 and caused a bunch of good cars to crash whilst carrying on herself
2) Rusty Wallace was the colour guy with the creepy uncle syndrome

Question

Is quite possible - she spun, stalled in the pits, and it's quite possible that Rusty Wallace was creepin'. What was great was her post race where the ABC guy was patronizing the f*** out of her about what this meant for women (as though: other species) and her responses were all about how she screwed up, looked like a rookie, had a great team etc. She was visibly annoyed with all the stupidity around her performance. Still though, 4th as a rookie at Indy...
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 am

She looks cute when she's visibly annoyed.

---

Why must I want the collectors edition of GTAV so much?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 am

clacksman wrote:She looks cute when she's visibly annoyed.

---

She's always visibly annoyed, no?

"I'd hit it." says Jeff Gordon. Cool
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:

Well played.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:

---

"I'd hit it." says Jeff Gordon. Cool

I knew I couldn't be the only one here. Last time I suggested such a thing, clacksman only had 'wat?' to say... Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm

This week I want a MGB GT
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Forgetful wrote:This week I want a MGB GT

You are correct sir!. MGB GT is on my short list, immediately after the Triumph TR-6.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 am

HWKII wrote:

You are correct sir!. MGB GT is on my short list, immediately after the Triumph TR-6.

Perhaps a GT6? Never the poor mans Jag it was meant to be, but still looks the part.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 2 Triumph%20GT6%20MkI%20rear
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri May 24, 2013 1:12 am

group44 wrote:
HWKII wrote:

Perhaps a GT6? Never the poor mans Jag it was meant to be, but still looks the part.

That is great looking but the concern for me is I'm 6'4 (76in, 193cm) tall. Fitting in all my favorite British sports care is always a pain in the ass. Given this, I've begun oggling BMW E30 Cabrios... My colleague at work owns one and, what a fantastic little car.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat May 25, 2013 2:33 am

Haha, dat Z4 Coupe they copied from Mr. Forgetful's garage...

Also, just got home from Burbank and found my adapter waiting for me for getting the 3rd monitor up and running. Dat 3 screen hotness.

What a Face

Dat 84 FPS constantly (limited) running 5760x1080 resolution on max settings... bounce bounce

The Indy 500 is going to be funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sat May 25, 2013 11:10 am

HWKII wrote:
Dat 84 FPS constantly (limited) running 5760x1080 resolution on max settings... bounce bounce

The Indy 500 is going to be funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Nice. Q: Real racing broadcast on all three, how does that work?

Edit: Never mind, it just occurred to me your probably meaning the iR Indy.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun May 26, 2013 12:12 pm

ermehgerd, imagine watching onboards with triplescreen?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sun May 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Do want.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm

This week I want a Phaeton... or an OG Mini... probably the Phaeton. Car like that could be a lifer.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 pm

clacksman wrote:ermehgerd, imagine watching onboards with triplescreen?

Working on being able to provide just that kind of experience in recording replays. Cool

The problem is, the replay footage doesn't quite line up the screens in FRAPS the way that the game does. Culprit appears to be that the game adjusts for the screen bezels but the FRAPS recording doesn't include big black bars. So I am thinking adjusting the video settings so that the bezels = 0 inches (or 1mm or something) and recording it in FRAPS will result in ugly replay on my screen in game, but awesome on YouTube.

Science! study
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 am

Forgetful wrote:This week I want a Phaeton... or an OG Mini... probably the Phaeton. Car like that could be a lifer.

You and HWK are about as bad as me for wanting some car/brand for about 10 days then moving on to wanting something else.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 30, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah, even worse when you've got a couple of k burning a hole in your pocket and no debts with good credit.

Seriously wanting a Phaeton though.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 am

Forgetful wrote:
got a couple of k burning a hole in your pocket
no debts
good credit.

Seriously wanting a Phaeton

Well that'll solve at least two of those problems. Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 30, 2013 12:02 pm

inorite? Good thing early VW luxo-barges are actually a damn steal. The gooders are still in the low 20s, but most of the V8s are around $17-18k. Saw one as low as $12k. Could probably get a good W12 motor'd unit for the advertised price of those V8s. They're all on dealer lots, so there's wiggle room, especially if you're not trading anyting in.

3, 4 years of slightly-less-than-new-car sized car payments and I can own one of the most well engineered luxury sedans of the past decade.

Then I can set my sights on the Deep Dish Esprizza http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lotus/Esprit/GEORGETOWN/Ontario/19_6658162_/?showcpo=ShowCPO
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Forgetful wrote:inorite? Good thing early VW luxo-barges are actually a damn steal. The gooders are still in the low 20s, but most of the V8s are around $17-18k. Saw one as low as $12k. Could probably get a good W12 motor'd unit for the advertised price of those V8s. They're all on dealer lots, so there's wiggle room, especially if you're not trading anyting in.

3, 4 years of slightly-less-than-new-car sized car payments and I can own one of the most well engineered luxury sedans of the past decade.

Nice, and I like 'em enough (speshly dat 444hp W12) but, ... that's still as much or more than a goodie W140 Sonderklassen
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Forgetful wrote:Yeah, even worse when you've got a couple of k burning a hole in your pocket and no debts with good credit.

This.

Except the having good credit, but with a couple more k to put as a down payment.

Seriously eyeing FR-S/BRZ which seems insane in my little brain. Will likely end up with one of two things: Early 90s MX-5, or early/mid 90s 3-Series cabriolet just as something to get around in/have some fun with. TR-6 still on the short list, but harder to find.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 30, 2013 4:52 pm

clacksman wrote:
Forgetful wrote:inorite? Good thing early VW luxo-barges are actually a damn steal. The gooders are still in the low 20s, but most of the V8s are around $17-18k. Saw one as low as $12k. Could probably get a good W12 motor'd unit for the advertised price of those V8s. They're all on dealer lots, so there's wiggle room, especially if you're not trading anyting in.

Nice, and I like 'em enough (speshly dat 444hp W12) but, ... that's still as much or more than a goodie W140 Sonderklassen

'bout 3-5k More than a W140 and for every Phaeton there are a dozen comparable W220s in the same price range (exclusivity). The Merc doesn't do anyting for me... yet. Gonna probably spend a weekend in the GVA to get some hands on experience.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 pm

HWKII wrote:
Forgetful wrote:Yeah, even worse when you've got a couple of k burning a hole in your pocket and no debts with good credit.

This.

Except the having good credit, but with a couple more k to put as a down payment.

Seriously eyeing FR-S/BRZ which seems insane in my little brain. Will likely end up with one of two things: Early 90s MX-5, or early/mid 90s 3-Series cabriolet just as something to get around in/have some fun with. TR-6 still on the short list, but harder to find.

I just don't feel like a toy car is the right purchase for me, but if you're going that route, there are Loti out there. That and you're not a proper petrol-head until you own an Alfa. They even have new Alfas that aren't 100k+. Lotus is used car territory only. (my gawd Evoras are esspensive).
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next