DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+7
group44
RackAttack
timneyb
clacksman
SpecMiata-JSW
Forgetful
HWKII
11 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Forgetful wrote:funny you should say that, I didn't get a loaner but I did get driven to work by my sales rep in the Aston. Leaving the dealership he whipped it around in a complete turnaround inside of the fairly narrow road outside the dealership to show off the insanely small turning circle. Neat that is. Crazy amount of room inside that thing.

The exhaust is on. It sounds nice. Fairly deep purr at idle, the occasional burble off throttle and a nice rip through the low end. Haven't run her up to the redline yet.

Getting driven to work in an Aston sounds nicer than an iQ loaner...
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:20 pm

HWKII wrote:
Forgetful wrote:funny you should say that, I didn't get a loaner but I did get driven to work by my sales rep in the Aston. Leaving the dealership he whipped it around in a complete turnaround inside of the fairly narrow road outside the dealership to show off the insanely small turning circle. Neat that is. Crazy amount of room inside that thing.

... eh the iQ is also sold as the Aston Martin Cygnet for corporate fuel economy average reasons (which is I think the joke that whooshed on you).  Google it for a sad.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 pm

clacksman wrote:
HWKII wrote:

... eh the iQ is also sold as the Aston Martin Cygnet for corporate fuel economy average reasons (which is I think the joke that whooshed on you).  Google it for a sad.

I... have failed you.Embarassed

To make amends, I give you this Documentary:

HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 2010-aston-martin-cygnet-9_800x0w

Because racecar... livery.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

HWKII wrote:I give you this Documentary:

Is Pastor Malda-doo-doo no longer the running-joke F1 driver?

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Forgetful wrote:The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 2010-aston-martin-cygnet-9_800x0w

Because racecar... livery.

I was going to reply with an image of the Gulf logo shooped to say 'Wat', but I don't have that pic on the PC here, and when I went to a facebook group wherein I knew I would be able to find that image I get a partial facebook update rollout that made everything not work.  

GIS was also unhelpful.

No
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:01 pm

clacksman wrote:

Pastor Maldanotaracingdriver has no one to really hit, the Williams is terrible this year and he is proving to generally be the lesser of the two drivers. I doubt Williams tosses him, dat sweet sweet Artgentinian drug money is too much to pass up.Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 pm

HWKII wrote:
clacksman wrote:

Pastor Maldanotaracingdriver has no one to really hit, the Williams is terrible this year and he is proving to generally be the lesser of the two drivers. I doubt Williams tosses him, dat sweet sweet Artgentinian drug money is too much to pass up.Laughing

They both look Schumacher-esque compared to the up and coming talent: http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/just-how-terrible-is-likely-2014-sauber-driver-sergey-s-791618086
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Sweet, more of the ever-entertaining L1 T1 Bowling!
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah, that Sauber announcement made me sad. Poor Peter Sauber...

At least Frank Williams won't have to live through too many more terrible seasons of his team going nowhere, quickly. pale

All the more reason to watch more IndyCar.Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 am

The worst thing about owning a FR-S is that simple trips to 7-11 for a Slurpee take upwards of 45 mins because a blast out on the highway and cruise through downtown are just built in to the trip.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:18 am

Forgetful wrote:The worst thing about owning a FR-S is that simple trips to 7-11 for a Slurpee take upwards of 45 mins because a blast out on the highway and cruise through downtown are just built in to the trip.

Laughing 

27 C at 7 in the morning. Surprised  Predicted high 32, 41 on the humidex. Shocked  That's an arse schweat status of maximum. silent 

Today is gonna suck. affraid 
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Day one with the FR-S I had a guy in the passenger seat of a truck sitting at the light next to me (he was in the Left Turn lane, I was heading straight) tell me to 'light'em up!"

Today, 7-11 parking lot, coming back out to my car guy in the passenger seat of a Taurus ask me 'how much was that?' '27k plus some options' I reply. 'Nice, looks like it cost 60'.

Countless craned necks and stares everywhere I go.

Very Happy
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Have I mentioned how insanely jealous I am of your car?

It's my 'realistic' dream car. One day...one day!

Congrats and enjoy it! Very Happy
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 pm

I saw you guys were talking about Plasti-Dip a few pages back, it's cool stuff. I did the emblems on my wife's Odyssey Van (as a test), she ended up liking them so we kept them, ironically the person who just purchased it liked them too. It holds up well and is easy to use, I was shocked.

I also dipped the emblems on my truck and plan to do the wheels black next, I just haven't had the time. I'm interested to spray the wheels and see how it applies vs. regular spray paint, which I've tried a bunch with various success.

We also just got her an 05 Impreza 2.5 RS so we'll be spraying her factory wheels gun metal after I get caught up on the maintenance items, I'm really excited for that. Cars with Boxer Engines are cool. That is all.

PS: It's awesome having a car again. There is nothing like owning a Minivan (even though it had a huge IMSA sticker and black emblems on it) and selling it for a Manual sport compact (that is totally paid for). It's like a buzz. LOL Cool
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:58 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote: Plasti-Dip ... emblems on my wife's Odyssey Van (as a test), she ended up liking them so we kept them, ironically the person who just purchased it liked them too. 

looooool when I saw the 'sell' pics you posted on facebook I thought "wow black paint makes the logos look thicker".
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 am

1) Oh god so jealous of Stephen and now John's "new" cars! Strongly considering 2005 Imprezza or potentially some year Legacy Spec-B...
2) Steam Sales still going on: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (75% off, now $9.99), XCom (75% off, now $9.99), Magicka (75% off, now $2.49). All highly recommended. Farcry 3 is also 40% off and that game was awesome. ($23.99).
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:18 am

It is decided that the stock rims get dipped and will wear winter tires come October/November, at which point I will probably go for these and some better summer rubber.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:07 am

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 2013-Scion-FR-S-Toyota-2000GT-2-2560x1600
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 am

Forgetful wrote:It is decided that the stock rims get dipped and will wear winter tires come October/November, at which point I will probably go for these and some better summer rubber.

Not bad. You've been thru the wheel thread on ft86club? I lol'd at using four R35 GT-R fronts. Also I thought "if '80s Corvette wheels go on BMWs and VWs, and VW wheels go on the 86, what do sawblades look like on the 86?"
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 am

Ya, been perusing the wheel thread. That guy had to buy 2 full sets of those GT-R rims to get the 4 fronts. Shocked
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Wink At the bank, stopped by a guy in his Tundra, askin me how I like my car, tellin me about his modded Miata, wants to get in to an 86. 20 mins later oops I'm at work  Wink
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 Null-7

hmm
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 pm

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 12 Morebetterer7
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next