DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:48 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:In case you are bored and surfing the non sequitur thread...oh wait. Here you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTblPyMSTk&feature=plcp

My race from Sebring back on Labor Day. We (my father and I) started 22nd overall and 5th in class, and ended up
14th overall and 4th in class. I could have had 3rd in class (possibly
2nd) wrapped up, but handed the car over to my father at the 1 Hour 20
minute mark and my father had to avoid some debris and went off the
track, which messed with his head and ruined his mojo. He's sensitive
like that, but it's always special to share a race car with your dad. We
had a great time!

We're doing it again this weekend at Daytona,
except this time I'll make sure to lower the camera more so you can see more out of the windshield and can only
hope to do as well. Our car stinks at Daytona due to the long
straight, but it'll be fun.

Holyshitthasawesome! afro Thumbs Up! popcorn
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 am

Haha, glad you like it! Hopefully Daytona goes well and we get some nice footage.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:it's always special to share a race car with your dad. We
had a great time!

We're doing it again this weekend at Daytona

Can't watch the vid right now, but I couldn't agree more about sharing the track with dear ol dad. Get to try out Michigan International Speedway's infield course with my pop the coming weekend. First time in 20ish years since karts have run there. Can't wait to see if I have enough horses to run up on the banking Very Happy
Have a excellent and safe weekend, and best of luck to your family effort.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh and while I was distracted by the awesomesness of that video I forgot to say - I don't have a driver's license, because of an eye sight problem that couldn't get corrected for about a decade from the time I was 16 Sad but one of the big reasons that I want to get my license is because I would truly love to do something like this with my dad. Been trying to look in to a Kart enduro, so this was great motivation!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm

You almost got caught out by that maroon Miata, didn't you? Hey, neat... SRF!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed the video!

The maroon ITS Miata is a buddy of mine. It's kind of a piece, but those dudes race the hell out of it. I think it has 4-5 6 Hour enduro's on it, plus 10-12 race weekends a year. Factory OEM engine LOL!

Miata's are tanks!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 21 Empty timneyb

Post  timneyb Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:04 pm

For the first time in history I left my laptop at work unintentionally. No driving for me this weekend. What can I do? Maybe I'll finish off Moby Dick.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 pm

timneyb wrote:For the first time in history I left my laptop at work unintentionally. No driving for me this weekend. What can I do? Maybe I'll finish off Moby Dick.

that's horrible, but changing the title of the whole thread for it? Really? Razz rendeer
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Interesting. Unexpected iPhone mishap. I did not type anywhere but the post edit box. Weird. Can somebody who remembers the old title change it back.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Ficksed.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 pm

lol wats dis den!? pale

Were you using the mobile version of the site or the full version? (Does the mobile version even offer the abiliy tto post or respond yet? I don't use it much...)
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:26 pm

HWKII wrote:lol wats dis den!? pale

Were you using the mobile version of the site or the full version? (Does the mobile version even offer the abiliy tto post or respond yet? I don't use it much...)

Full. I think it was a misdirected autofill "feature" of a plugin of sorts that I use to make passwords easier.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:15 am

My ISP and I have tangibly different views of a reasonable definition of the term 'soon'.

Bleep! Bleep! Bleep! Bleep! Bleep!
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 am

Forgetful wrote:

What a Face I love you bounce That is all.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 am

No driving for me until after we finish moving on up 7 miles up the road.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 am

timneyb wrote:No driving for me until after we finish moving on up 7 miles up the road.

lol nice. Sounds like my kind of big move - go almost nowhere but gain room to drive. Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am

clacksman wrote:
timneyb wrote:No driving for me until after we finish moving on up 7 miles up the road.

lol nice. Sounds like my kind of big move - go almost nowhere but gain room to drive. Razz

Closer to daycare, one more bedroom (eventual new driving location), better town vibe, shorter walk to (different) train, maybe a landlord that thinks the legal minimum is not the desired standard of maintenance.

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 pm

timneyb wrote:maybe a landlord that thinks the legal minimum is not the desired standard of maintenance.

Neat.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:05 pm

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/a-drive-in-the-porsche-918-2012-10-04

Top exiting exhausts? So awesome. I don't care if it discolors the paint, that's not a flaw it's a feature!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm

HWKII wrote:http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/a-drive-in-the-porsche-918-2012-10-04

Top exiting exhausts? So awesome. I don't care if it discolors the paint, that's not a flaw it's a feature!

Hopefully they collect rain/snow when it's parked and puke out a bunch of carbony snow/water on startup.

TAKE THAT GAWKERS
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 pm

I see they ran ST and GS Continental at Lime Rock separately, and are now on Speed2. Wondering if it's best to watch one or both?

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Can't watch SPEED2 here Sad

I can watch youtube though
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Holy Awesomeness!!!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Agreed awesome. I miss the old ATCC format with dozens of different cars, although I know it is a better spectacle now. As there hasn't been the incessant advertising, I guess Speed is not doing full Bathurst coverage this year. Neutral

Only watched an hour of Continental ST, but to run more laps under green, add rain? Rolling Eyes

timneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next