DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza

+3
timneyb
clacksman
Forgetful
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza

Post  HWKII Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 pm

jochenrindt wrote:Just got finished watching the replay from last night's race at Monza....I cursored around each driver for a few laps, and figured out very quickly that I was pulling gears too quickly to the next higher gear, not waiting for the redline and then some....Went right back out onto Monza Weather change in my lounge, and posted a 01:59.011 the second lap out!!! I was also downshifting too far in 2 of the turns, when I took them now in 3rd, my lap time dropped....I've been overlooking the replays, and now I can't wait for next week...

Thanks again for all the ideas and encouragement...

Dr Franz in NJ

Good to hear it! Smile Yeah, 2nd can get unstable and delay you getting on the power in a couple of corners. I had the opposite problem, I suspect that in the TVR I was waiting too long to shift, getting to close to the redline where there was just no more torque to turn the wheels.

I hope you didn't feel like I brake checked you too bad going in to Chicane 2 that lap when we went side by side round Curva Grande (Big Curve. Brilliant!). After my first incident there, it took me a couple laps to get the feel for my TVR in the braking zones under racing conditions. Admittedly it was a mistake to tune moments before a live race.

I had images of this year's F1 race at Monza, though I think we were both far more polite! Wink
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre-Season Testing | Tin-Top Touring Challenge | Sunday Feb. 12 | Monza

Post  clacksman Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

jochenrindt wrote:Just got finished watching the replay from last night's race at Monza....I cursored around each driver for a few laps, and figured out very quickly that I was pulling gears too quickly to the next higher gear, not waiting for the redline and then some....Went right back out onto Monza Weather change in my lounge, and posted a 01:59.011 the second lap out!!! I was also downshifting too far in 2 of the turns, when I took them now in 3rd, my lap time dropped....I've been overlooking the replays, and now I can't wait for next week...

Nice. There's the benefit of manual shifting, now that you see how to use it to improve your lap times. Smile
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2