DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Moved to Alberta, took a new job I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Moved to Alberta, took a new job

3 posters

Go down

Moved to Alberta, took a new job Empty Moved to Alberta, took a new job

Post  Forgetful Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I am now living in Red Deer, working at a small shop that specializes in sharpening. My cousin got me on board and it looks like a good long term opportunity. I just finished up the first week of work and things are going well so far. It's a hell of a lot to take in, but the owners are good at what they do, good a teaching it and patient. They tell me I've learned more in the first week than most, so things are looking up. I'm staying with my cousin and his girlfriend, so I don't have my rig, but I'm going to make a trip back to BC soon to get some larger furniture, including my rig.

I'm really looking forward to getting involved with the local autocross club that meets twice a month at a local park. Look out GT Academy 2015!
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Moved to Alberta, took a new job Empty Re: Moved to Alberta, took a new job

Post  group44 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Glad to hear things are looking good for ya Mr. F.  Hope the new position treats you well. Sounds like you could be dreaming of included angles and micro bevels for some time now.  But most importantly, I'm excited to hear you are looking into the local autocross.  Traffic cones in the area are undoubtedly already shaking in fear Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  SWERV_GRIFFIN Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Sounds like an exciting new change. I am now back at Marathon Coach Corp., building 2 to 3 million dollar Motorcoaches for alll sorts of cool clients. The next one off the production line is a new one for Toyota's M Motorsports. I saw one hit the line 2 weeks ago for the Winterhawks. Sounds like maybe a Hockey Team? I am in the 
Exterior Pint Division doing Composites, Bodywork, Service Repairs and some Painting. I've been back since January 17, 2014, and get all my 18 years of seniority back on January 17. 2015.
SWERV_GRIFFIN
SWERV_GRIFFIN

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Nice that you were able to get back to doing what you love Swerv. And only one year to get back your 18 years of seniority sounds like a deal.

Best Prevost mod I've seen in person recentlyish was at the track. All the teams karts, tools, etc were on some pretty trick slide out racks down in the luggage compartments. I'll be sure to contact you gents when I'm ready to spec my own.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:Sounds like an exciting new change. I am now back at Marathon Coach Corp., building 2 to 3 million dollar Motorcoaches for alll sorts of cool clients. The next one off the production line is a new one for Toyota's M Motorsports. I saw one hit the line 2 weeks ago for the Winterhawks. Sounds like maybe a Hockey Team? I am in the 
Exterior Pint Division doing Composites, Bodywork, Service Repairs and some Painting. I've been back since January 17, 2014, and get all my 18 years of seniority back on January 17. 2015.

Glad to hear it's going well for you.

I'm settled in pretty well here. The job is going great. I've already learned a whole lot about surface grinding and sharpening, the boss is very pleased with my progress and most importantly I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

I'm living with my cousin and his girlfriend who just had a beautiful baby girl this past Sunday, their first. Abby Mae is 8lbs 4oz, happy and healthy.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum