DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Welcome to DriveSports.org I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Welcome to DriveSports.org

Go down

Welcome to DriveSports.org Empty Welcome to DriveSports.org

Post  Forgetful Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm

DriverSports serves to organize, promote and sacntion racing events in Gran Turismo 6. Brought to you by racing enthusiasts and experienced sim racers, and home to several GT Academy national and Silverstone finalists, our goal is to provide a wide range of quality race events for the racing enthusiast GT6 sim racer.

Our background in sim racing started with Gran Turismo 5: Prologue which had a very rudimentary online infrastructure which matched you randomly, and was thus plagued by impatient gamers who just wanted to crash and bash or cut corners. In response, several forum members who frequented the Playstation Gran Turismo boards worked out a way to trick the system so that we could race together, clean, fair, and fun.

Out of this collaboration several racing leagues were born, one of which was our Tuner's Pit Racing Association, and later DriverSports.org. Along the way we've run races of all kinds, from spec miata to Formula and prototypes, including Gran Turismo's first ever online endurance race and later, enduros up to 12 hours in length. A handful of our fastest friends even qualified for GT Academy (myself included), some even making it all the way to Silverstone.

Our mission from the beginning has been to organize quality, realistic racing events for people who want to race properly. It is also our goal to provide our resources and expertise to event organizers looking to do the same. We offer our rulebook, technical assets and webspace, as a sort of sanctioning body, to race organizers who would like to include their events in our effort to expand the sim racing community.

Our racing events are posted on several forums and blogs linked below. The forum here at DriverSports.org is home to the resources and reference material for organized Gran Turismo online racing.

Links:

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum