DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports as a Race Team I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports as a Race Team

3 posters

Go down

DriverSports as a Race Team Empty DriverSports as a Race Team

Post  Forgetful Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 pm

If you're reading this, welcome back. With thanks to Ben I've got full control of the forum, however, the dot org domain is no longer in our control. We might be able to get it back I'm just not sure what it would cost. Dot ca is available but not through forummotion. Probably gonna buy it up anyway.

The reason I've revived the forum and reached out to you guys is that I would like to gauge your interest in relaunching DriverSports as a race team instead of a race league. There is an emerging eSports sim racing scene and I think we're uniquely skilled and qualified to put together a roster of fast drivers while providing them with resources and support to succeed.

Project Cars just launched a global esports event, for all comers with a £5,000 prize pool. They also have two ongoing championships for pre-registered teams of 5 drivers. GTSport is now filed under 'soon', and it's going to be built around the idea of online competition, Forza has events going on already, and we all know how serious the scene is over at iRacing. Just announced is a Rfactor 2 tournament where 10 sim racers will go up against 20 formula E drivers for 1 million dollars in Las Vegas Shocked 
http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/the-road-to-vegas-challenge/

Right now I'm on the PS4 playing PCars. Assetto Corsa is now available on the consoles, but my wheel is not supported. Might be time for a new setup, but Fanatec doesn't have a 'PS4' wheel yet and I don't necessarily need/want to replace my clubsport pedals, so we'll see. Might bite the bullet and grab a G29 if they go on sale or something.

So, if you've still got an itch for sim racing let me know. We put together some great stuff in the past and I'd love to get back to that.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

DriverSports as a Race Team Empty Re: DriverSports as a Race Team

Post  group44 Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:59 am

Great to see you've still got the spark Mr. F! Gotta admit, I do miss the good ol' days. Currently with out a rig due to a move in process, but I had been thinking about getting back to iR this fall. Just need to finish my real life racing season and replace/build a new rig. 

One thing I will say is it is unlikely you'll see me running out to get a console to run most of the titles you mentioned, but once I hear the roar of the engines again, you never know. 

Will look forward to seeing what comes out of this rejuvenation of DriverSports, and hope to see you all on track again. 

Race on,
G44
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:16 am

Great to hear from you again Andy!

One of the things that I think could make operating a team easier than a league is the fact that we don't have to be tied to one game or system. In fact, it would be smart to try and cover as much ground as possible.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:47 am

Hey welcome back to life. I've been running iracing only since regaining most of my health. Other than Nigel I rarely see anyone from DSO running anymore. They just added LeMans this week, I was checking it out last night and raced against 59 other cars and it worked beautifully. How's the PS4 system online experience these days?
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Rooster722 wrote:Hey welcome back to life. I've been running iracing only since regaining most of my health. Other than Nigel I rarely see anyone from DSO running anymore. They just added LeMans this week, I was checking it out last night and raced against 59 other cars and it worked beautifully. How's the PS4 system online experience these days?

Hey Roo! Glad to hear you're doing well. 

It's a little sparse on the PS side of things. There's a bit of a gap between console generations, games and supported wheels right now. It's GT6 on the PS3, which is pretty old hat now. PCars on the PS4 isn't very well developed for online racing, not that I've tried, and Assetto Corsa has very sparse online infrastructure which doesn't have 'private' rooms yet. AC also doesn't yet support any popular Fanatec wheels, so we're kind of in limbo at the moment. What a perfect time to scrape together some talent to form a team around, no?

I'd like to get back to iRacing, but I'm also quite interested to see what GTSport brings to the table. I have the intention to get a new PC or repair mine in the future. I think I'm also quite a bit more open to running more than one sim at a time, especially if this team idea starts to gain traction.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Hey thanks good to here from you. Yeah it seems like they'll never quite get there on the game console side of things, we all waited and hoped for years. I'll be staying on the PC side of SIM racing for good I think. Iracing is more of an investment, but much more rewarding to me personally, sure have learned a lot.
I haven't run any team events in iracing, but they appear to be flourishing in that arena with the Nurb team series, blancpain, and team club events. When you get back up and running with your PC, I'd be interested in running team events with you and the DSO gang. Best of luck getting the band back together. Smile
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooster722 Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Lol I can spell, that's good to hear from you, not here, SMH
Rooster722
Rooster722

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content