DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  clacksman Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm

dat red interior
hnnnnnnng

Is that ... matte white? I had about four BMWs all in matte white with matte purple BBS wheels for a while.

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  HWKII Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Want... Congrats Wallhugger! Cool

Z4 is very very high on my list of cars to own one day.
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 pm

clacksman wrote:dat red interior
hnnnnnnng

Is that ... matte white? I had about four BMWs all in matte white with matte purple BBS wheels for a while.

That's pinky from Monza

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 AutodromoNazionaleMonza-5

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Bern-MarketStreet2-1

oink oink
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:59 am

The roof is easy, just push da button lol. The wing I don't know about Smile , and as long as the BBS rims don't cost what the BMW rims cost....maybe.

And no problem on the ride Agent, as soon as I can steal it away from my wife lol. It was more her idea. I was thinkin MX5 and she comes home one day and say "Wow, I saw this really sharp car...a Z somethin". I said "Z4?", and she says "Yeah, that's the one".

It's an 09 with 1925 miles on it. Used the money from sellin my bike to do it. Hopefully I don't get in too much trouble with it lol.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

You know, it's funny, my girlfriend and I had almost the exact same conversation this past week, Wall. I've always loved the MX-5, but do have to admit that she's right about it being a bit girly and utterly rediculous for someone of my ... ahem... size (6'4, 250lb). We were walking through a parking lot and she pointed out a Z4 and we started talking about how it would be great to have a roadster that's NOT an MX-5, and that the Z4 would be perfect.

I'm still holding out hope for an 80s Alfa Spider... There are a few for sale around the area... What a Face Suspect
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Yes when a Miata is too impractical to drive around in, get a similar car except Italian and at least as old as you are.

At least that way it won't work often enough for comfort to be an issue.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Lol, you guys crack me up. I think you should stop holding back and just say what you think c.

Yea, we were originally looking at TTS's and prolly would have gone that way if they offered the retractable hardtop. That's why we were going between the Z and the MX5. I'm 6'1, 220 and I was okay in the Miata, but another 3 inches might be a tight fit. Notice I didn't say "and 30 pounds" Very Happy .
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 pm

clacksman wrote:Yes when a Miata is too impractical to drive around in, get a similar car except Italian and at least as old as you are.

At least that way it won't work often enough for comfort to be an issue.

Not a matter of being impractical - practical is the girlfriend's Imprezza. I'm talking about something fun / pretty. If not an old Alfa, then a 90s Jag XJS... mmmmmm

I'm a masochist... Twisted Evil
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 am

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Finally stumbled across a good car for a drag test. The Prius TC has a CVT gearbox (engine holds at same rpm when at 100% throttle) and the electric portion of the drive doesn't operate above 235 km/h. I was at Speed Test (maximum speed) offline with an oil changed but otherwise fresh-from-showroom car (203hp).
10/20 aero (min) - 244.0 km/h
15/40 aero (default) - 240.7 km/h (both as first test and fourth test*)
20/50 aero (max) - 239.0 km/h

Next test will be mixing it up to see if apparent drag is affected differently by front or rear aero.

*Speed Test for max speed doesn't break a car in apparently, I was not allowed to oil change after doing this test which still added 42km to the car (each max speed run is 10km).
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:23 pm

If you haven't seen this thread at GTP, do yourself a favor and go through it. Don't be ashamed, you can just skip through for the pictures.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248533

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 Picture

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 17365101

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 17378015
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Online dealer update now has it stocked with BMWs and a couple Lamborghinis.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Google maps 8-bit, including streetview. Awesome.

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 8_bit_10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 am

Seems kind of like PD is now just going to go through the alphabet with the OCD. Thinking a couple of weeks from now it'll be Citroens. Wink

And 8-bit Google Maps is amazing. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 am

Portland International Raceway, circa 1987 Wink
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 7 PIR_1987
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:43 am

Looks like some much-needed DLC for Pole Position. Razz
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Sun is out and grease under the finger nails. Now just a whiff of 110 octane and I do declare I'm in heaven. Very Happy
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 am

LMP1? No.
LMP2? No.
GTE-Pro? Surely not.
GTE-Am? Laughing Laughing

DeltaWing is it's own class at Le Mans. Between this and the hybrid Audis, the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans are going to be a pretty interesting watch!
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Fun Fact: Red Bull Racing and Silverstone Circuit both follow us on Google+ as of this week Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Neat.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Bryan Heitkotter just shared this video on FB... The carnage from the first couple of laps of the Continental Tire Series at Barber Motorsports Park last weekend.

Bryan's car was taken out in the first accident, he wasn't driving, but I don't think it would've mattered.

http://vimeo.com/39577116
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Jalopnik's off topic forum is called #oppositelock Smile

http://jalopnik.com/oppositelock/forum?comment=48637117
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Forgetful wrote:https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=Cp09rh5SAo8

Anyone here speak... i dunno...

I... don't even...

What?
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next