DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

+20
robiker
redsoxboy80
DudeTuna
SWERV_GRIFFIN
Wiz
Redrkt
AgentWD40_FL
RackAttack
no_affiliations
jochenrindt
ooty
ttourist
group44
timneyb
vkaifh
Wallhugger60
Revengel
clacksman
Forgetful
HWKII
24 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  Forgetful Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

Post  RackAttack Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Forgetful wrote:Currently 5th in Canada for Round 3

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=1&sub=overallTop5000_3&start=0

The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 132597704176-Clap

I worked on it for about 2.5 hours last night, I'm really enjoying this set of events. Still annoyed by the ones with AIdiots though.

I freakin' love the 4-3 (same course as 2-4). With all the cones, I feel like I'm autocrossing :-)
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks. Just waiting for it to update round 4 to see where I land. I've put in a dozen or so attempts at each one of these rounds.

I got the same 'Autocross' feeling out of those ones as well.

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Seems I'm outside the top 5000 often enough to not appear.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon May 14, 2012 10:34 pm

now I'm not there anymore...?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 pm

i'm putting some time in on each of these rounds tonight. pretty happy so far, but i gots this guy RackAttack on my friends list that is making me work. i heard hes a decent driver. good job!! clap
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Mon May 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue May 15, 2012 6:44 am

Neat
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 am

interesting link. is there another spot to be able to sort my times by country?
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 am

Did my handful of wheel runs at round 3, should show on the thingy when it updates.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

AgentWD40_FL wrote:interesting link. is there another spot to be able to sort my times by country?
You can do round by country. Pick a round, find a competitor from that country (ctrl-f) and click on the country name. You'll see all competitors from that country in the top 5000 of all stages of that round.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Rd 3 - 557 overall, 10th in Canada
Rd 4 - 296 overall, 2nd in Canada

RackAttack is 2nd overall in US for rd 4, behind Let_Canada_In, rsb not far behind!

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am

I upgraded my round 4 with 5 runs each.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

I completed round 4 by doing 4-4 and 4-5. My total time is 2'31.064, as of right now that puts me in the top 200. Well, at least for the next few minutes; I might have been kicked out of the top 200 before the web page is updated Razz
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  RackAttack Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Forgetful wrote:
RackAttack is 2nd overall in US for rd 4, behind Let_Canada_In, rsb not far behind!

I was in 6th when I finished last night, already down to 11th again!

Let_Canada_In is in fact Canadian, so you guys can be proud of him.

I'm really happy with all my times, other than 4-3. I keep pounding my head against it and coming up with nothing. I can run .2XXs all day long, but can't seem to go any faster. I even did 4 consecutive attempts that were all .2XX last night.
RackAttack
RackAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm

5 spots below rsb (ranked #60/US) in round 3 and i know i can improve a couple of those 3-1, and 3-5 especially.

just starting to dig into round 4. hope it goes as well.

thanks for the tip in sorting forgetful
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Tue May 15, 2012 3:51 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:

I like the idea of putting a link to the Academy ranking into the signature. I hope you don't mind me copying you Very Happy
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

not at all. i think its fun to watch all my racing comrades. Very Happy
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

you've got some nice times posted there vk. i've got work to do on several rounds, including that 3-1, which it seems your having trouble with too. my comment to that is not meant to be condescending.

great job .... The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..." - Page 10 459784477
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 pm

AgentWD40_FL wrote:you've got some nice times posted there vk.

This.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 am

I have to admit that I use the ghosts of the leader. I'm not sure how much faster it makes me, but it certainly makes me fast faster.

Not sure if this is considered unethical, but at the end I don't feel too bad about it. I see those little tests mainly as a great way to improve my driving, but I also enjoy them a lot.

So far I have done each test only once for 15 to 20 minutes; maybe I get back to them after prepping for Friday. Very Happy
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentWD40_FL Wed May 16, 2012 7:11 am

i'll come out of the closet too and say i use the ghost replays as well. my whole approach to GTA is to try and learn something, and i learn by watching. i have no interest in winning anything except a few cars and some knowledge. plus, having fun with some friends makes the whole thing fresh and different. would i like to make it to boot camp? nope, not at all. i wouldnt last day one of those drills. i'm an out of shape virtual driver that sits on my butt all day.

i hope to get something meaningful out of gta that i can bring to the track everyday. loading those ghost replays shows me alot of where i can be faster, but it doesnt show everything a fast driver is doing to be fast. i enjoy trying to adjust my driving to maintain the same speed as the ghost through a given section.

my hats off to those that have an ambition to silverstone. i'd love to be able root for a DSO member. see you all on the top 10 leaderboards. Laughing
AgentWD40_FL
AgentWD40_FL

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am

Nothing wrong with using the ghosts/replays. I don't use them because I want to do what I call a reasonable run and see where I land from that.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

clacksman wrote:Nothing wrong with using the ghosts/replays. I don't use them because I want to do what I call a reasonable run and see where I land from that.
I don't start out with the ghost either. I'm on my own until it gets really harder to improve and then I load the ghost to see what I can do different.
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 am

there is a nice app for iPhones and such available to monitor the ranking of the Academy and other online events. I just downloaded it and it is very neat.

Here is the gtplanet news story about it:
gtplanet news
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next