DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I

+7
jpro01
timneyb
Turbo-Tuna
vkaifh
clacksman
Wallhugger60
Forgetful
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 Empty Re: DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I

Post  vkaifh Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:51 am

I don't see a new thread for coming Friday yet. Can I assume that we race at Daytona this Friday?
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 Empty Re: DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I

Post  clacksman Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am

vkaifh wrote:I don't see a new thread for coming Friday yet. Can I assume that we race at Daytona this Friday?

Yup, 20 lap race.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

vkaifh wrote:I don't see a new thread for coming Friday yet. Can I assume that we race at Daytona this Friday?
Home yesterday, and I had a chance to run reconnaissance for the weekend. Unsurprisingly, the Indy 86 GT tune works pretty well for Daytona. I was going to set up a new car, but I couldn't be bothered. Didn't even have to change gearing much at all. Softer and taller for the bumps though (more like clacksman's Indy tune now).

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 am

changed final gear from 3550 to 3450 on clacksman't Indy tune and banked a 2'02.262. Car feels good; but turn 1 is still a dangerous place. With heavy damage turn 1 is a real race killer. With a damaged car it takes an extra 30 seconds just to get around the track back to the pit. Please don't ask why I know that. jocolor

Finding the breaking point for the entrance into the bus stop is also tricky. Right now I use my speed and when the red gearing indicator starts flashing. But I still have quite some variety here.
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 pm

vkaifh wrote:Finding the breaking point for the entrance into the bus stop is also tricky. Right now I use my speed and when the red gearing indicator starts flashing. But I still have quite some variety here.

That's a tough spot. There's two sets of skidmarks about center on the road after the grass begins on the left before you turn in; use those if you can find them. They're not visible until you're very close.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:36 pm

clacksman wrote:
vkaifh wrote:Finding the breaking point for the entrance into the bus stop is also tricky. Right now I use my speed and when the red gearing indicator starts flashing. But I still have quite some variety here.

That's a tough spot. There's two sets of skidmarks about center on the road after the grass begins on the left before you turn in; use those if you can find them. They're not visible until you're very close.

More like "Oh, the skid marks I just ran over????? " SLAM, Crap, wobble wobble wobble.Embarassed Some one said the last lamp post on the left, or was it the first post. Can't remember lol. It's one or the other though. I wait till it's just about out of my periferal. I never hit those tire marks twice in row the same spot. G and Roo just did about 90,512 laps there, maybe they got a good spot.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:14 pm

vkaifh wrote:quite some variety here.

Uhh, yeah, variety. Laughing The problem I have with using speed as a gauge is the previous corner exit can change that enough to really through you for a loop.

Wallhugger60 wrote:More like "Oh, the skid marks I just ran over????? " SLAM, Crap, wobble wobble wobble.Embarassed

lol! Damn near had me in tears with that one Wall. I can't consistently find/use those marks to save my life. Scarily enough, my method is to look 'through' the corner using the overlap of wall on the left and the wall on the right as my gauge. I have a visual sweet spot that I seem to be able to find and repeat. I know, not very accurate crazy For me, using the first lamp post is just a bit too vague.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Yea, I actually ran a feew laps after posting that last and it don't work lol. Who's bright idea was that...geez. I'll have to try your method and see what I can see. It's just so flat and I usually have my eyes glued Shocked to where I think it should be, and of course it's not there, so I have to react which also doesn't work lol.

That being said, I or possibly Clacks will have a room up tomorrow night for a run-thru. Seems like maybe Thursday will be better for Fridays race. See you guys then,

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 pm

group44 wrote: I can't consistently find/use those marks to save my life. Scarily enough, my method is to look 'through' the corner using the overlap of wall on the left and the wall on the right as my gauge. I have a visual sweet spot that I seem to be able to find and repeat. I know, not very accurate DriverSports Winter Testing | Touring Limited [FR] | Jan 20 | RC-I - Page 3 2113965524 For me, using the first lamp post is just a bit too vague.
Also lol at Wall.

But, I do a similar thing. Would meter boards be too much to ask for? I can't really describe it well, but I time my brake based on what part of the bus stop is occluded by the wall on the left. Adjustments need to be made if I'm not on the preferred racing line. I do something comparable at the Casio chicane at Suzuka, because I find the meter boards a bit hard to spot sometimes.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm

seems like I'm not the only one struggling with that. Smile

I saw a low 2'01 in GTData, very impressive. I did another 10 laps this morning and at least I can stay in the 2'02s most of the time.

Other new events got their own thread, but not this race. scratch It also doesn't show up yet on the pre-q page. affraid
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

vkaifh wrote:Other new events got their own thread, but not this race. scratch It also doesn't show up yet on the pre-q page. affraid

Uh, yeah, new event sucked up many posts over the last couple weeks. Basketball
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3