DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

+6
ttourist
vkaifh
SpecMiata-JSW
clacksman
Revengel
HWKII
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

Post  HWKII Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

vkaifh wrote:
HWKII wrote:What happens if you just paste the URL in to a post, instead of using the Link button at all? (Which is really only necessary to add the formatting without needing to know the specific BBCode).

to my surprise I get the same error as when using the button. That's why I had to make those random line breaks to get it into the post

Best buy, and fooseball, and girls, is DA DEVIL!
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Forum "Bugs" or general oddness - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum "Bugs" or general oddness

Post  clacksman Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 pm

The Best Buy site itself could be preventing the outlinks.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  vkaifh Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 pm

clacksman wrote:The Best Buy site itself could be preventing the outlinks.

not sure if this contradicts your theory but I was able to place the link in an email Shocked
vkaifh
vkaifh

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I guess they just don'e want us to buy their stuff then.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm

When I re-visit the forum, logged in from IE9, some posts that I had previously read, are marked unread. Rinse and repeat, come back later, again they are unread. Not sure if this is a known issue, IE being IE or, PC nube being nubish.

Yes IE. Decided to use it because it might not be rubbish anymore, and why not have the complete Microsoft exeperience?

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:28 pm

timneyb wrote:When I re-visit the forum, logged in from IE9, some posts that I had previously read, are marked unread. Rinse and repeat, come back later, again they are unread. Not sure if this is a known issue, IE being IE or, PC nube being nubish.

Yes IE. Decided to use it because it might not be rubbish anymore, and why not have the complete Microsoft exeperience?

Huh... Posts switching from read to unread is... strange. Did some looking around and there are reports of this being a known issue with our hosts, so... we got that going for us. Something about the cookie, I reckon.

IE9 is not horrible. Firefox is getting bloated... I've reconverted to Google Chrome.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am

Chrome is well on its way to being bloated. Still use it as I have for ~2 years.

If I close the forum tab without being on the main page, the post I just made in some thread appears as unread next time I'm on. Not a biggie but happens every time.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm

clacksman wrote:Chrome is well on its way to being bloated. Still use it as I have for ~2 years.

If I close the forum tab without being on the main page, the post I just made in some thread appears as unread next time I'm on. Not a biggie but happens every time.

It is, but at least most of the bloat is modular. Firefox is just getting lazy, and jumping full version numbers every week or so? Rediculous... I don't understand by my browser needs Apps, but whatever... Suspect
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3