DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
iRacing General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

iRacing General Discussion

+6
timneyb
Wallhugger60
HWKII
SpecMiata-JSW
group44
Forgetful
10 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

iRacing General Discussion Empty iRacing General Discussion

Post  Forgetful Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Just a place to chat about iRacing in general.

This is a Corners Per Incident chart that shows the level of safe driving that is expected of you at a certain license level and number. If you want to improve your SR you must have fewer CPI than where you would land on that chart. More CPI and your number is going down. It's just that simple.

iRacing General Discussion Srgrafico2
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

iRacing General Discussion Empty Re: iRacing General Discussion

Post  group44 Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Neat. My lowly C licence just started looking a whole lot better.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Speaking of CPI, I usually do okay in races, but I just qualified the skip at Lime Rock and couldn't seem to keep the nose headed in the right direction. 13 incidents and -0.19 later I decided that I hate Lime Rock and the Skip as a combination. I went straight to a TT to earn some SR back LOL. About to hop into my next qualifying session to sniff a :57....I really hope that TT straightened me out.

I was like a 5 year old who jumped on his dad's rig....it was ugly. Please SR Gods look favorably on me. sunny
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Update: 3 incidents in 16 laps and still got a -0.03. I guess my last q session and couple incidents in the TT did me some cumulative harm. Gotta have some clean races tonight.

I did manage a :57.999 though! cheers
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Update: 3 incidents in 16 laps and still got a -0.03. I guess my last q session and couple incidents in the TT did me some cumulative harm. Gotta have some clean races tonight.

I did manage a :57.999 though! cheers

Git in mah race!

... I wanna finish 2nd Shocked Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:14 pm

In and nervous. This track always makes me nervous for some reason. I've always had a hard time finding my comfort here, no matter what the car.

Good luck out there kind sir!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 am

I went to Okayama - Full in the Mustang thinking, hey... I know this track really well, that should help with learning this whole H-shifter + clutch thing.

I was... you know, it wasn't the worst race I've ever run, but it must have been close. Started to feel better after about a dozen laps, but I don't think I am anywhere close to being able to race a car with a standard gearbox. Embarassed Laughing

At least I looked good! Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:In and nervous. This track always makes me nervous for some reason. I've always had a hard time finding my comfort here, no matter what the car.

Good luck out there kind sir!

It's a really high stress track. No chance to catch your breath and just stretch out for a sec.

Wall
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 am

Yup, that's exactly it. To make it worse I'm always at high stress levels when Lime Rock shows it's head on the schedule so I always start off the week making a lot of mistakes in practice, which gets me more stressed, and so on and on. I found my rhythm with the TT and adopted a nice race pace which rewarded me two 0 incident races, a 2nd and a win. I was ecstatic shutting off the rig last night.

Hard work and persistence pays off. Smile
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:20 am

Okay, stats questions for you who are smarter than me.

In my little signature thing in the iRacing forums, what does CPI 75/83 mean? I'm assuming it's corners per incident, but I don't believe it updates very often considering it still says my main car is the Mustang. The iRating and License safety rating seem to update frequently, but little else. I've done some research but couldn't find an easy answer without looking through many different threads.

Also, when you look at your driving stats there is a column for top 25%. I'm assuming that means you finish in the top 25% of your races a certain percentage of the time, but some guys are well over 100%, and Chris Hughson is 3402%. LOL, what ever that means.

Any ideas?

I have to get to work and stop playing. Evil or Very Mad
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 pm

According to one Jake Conway:
The Live Race Stats is a really nice tool to see this and understand how safe you are and if you have moved up or down (more or less safe) in a particular race week (CPI in livestats updates every monday night). the first value is CPI in your whole career, the scond value (after the slash) is the CPI in the last complete season plus info from this season. So last 13 weeks at the beginning of a new season, or last 26 weeks at the end of the season.

I've never seen the 25% stat you mention. Is that on LiveStats or in the iRacing stats? In iRacing there's Top 5 %, as in the % of your racing in which you finish in the top 5, Win %, your winning percentage and Lap Led %, % of your laps that you were the overall leader of the race.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Apparently contacting customer support for a name change/modification is a very common thing, for those numerical iRacers among us. Assuming you've got a middle initial that your namesakes aren't already using you should be able to trade your number in for a letter.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Okay, stats questions for you who are smarter than me.

In my little signature thing in the iRacing forums, what does CPI 75/83 mean? I'm assuming it's corners per incident, but I don't believe it updates very often considering it still says my main car is the Mustang.

Edit: I was very wrong!

In those iRacing Sigs:
iRacing General Discussion Brian+McCann
From left to right:
Driver name.
Ranking: Overall ranking in the iRacing service for Oval and Road, based on iRating. Lower is better.
iRating: Calculated and Used by iRacing to determine driver skill level. Higher is better.
Class: Calculated and Used by iRacing to determine driver safety rating, commonly abbreviated as SR (Safety Rating). Higher is better.
Starts: How many official iRacing races driver has entered.
Wins: How many official iRacing races driver won.
CPI: Corners Per Incidents. CPI is calculated by taking the total number of corners completed and dividing by the number of incidents during those laps. This represents how safe the driver is, higher is better. The number on the left is your career CPI, and the number on the right is your most recent CPI (specifically, the current and previous seasons combined). The two CPI calculations will give you an idea if you’re improving or not. If the number on the right is higher than the number on the left, you are currently driving safer than you were previously in your career.
Vehicle: This lists the vehicle that you have the most starts in throughout your entire career.

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Also, when you look at your driving stats there is a column for top 25%. I'm assuming that means you finish in the top 25% of your races a certain percentage of the time, but some guys are well over 100%, and Chris Hughson is 3402%. LOL, what ever that means.

When I look up Chris Hughson I see:
He has 4,568 road race starts, of which he has won 3,204, finished in the top 5 4,321 times, won 3,096 pole positions.
His average Starting position is 2nd. His average finish position is 2nd.
He's turned 88,292 laps, and lead 40,574 of them.
He averages 1.11 Incidents Per Race, and scores an average of 118 points.
He wins 70.13% of the time, and has finished in the top 5 94.58% of the time. He's lead 45.95% of all laps he's run.

This guy seems like an absolute monster. iRating of ... 7864 wuttttttttttttt...

But I know not of what you speak regarding 3402%.

Also, sorry, I sat down to write this for you yesterday at work but then I didn't finish before I closed my browser Sad
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 pm

I updated my post from yesterday after that CPI thing was bugging me, did more research, found proper answer. Cool
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks for the answers guys!

Regarding that 25% stat you can find it by going to the stats drop down in between my racing and forum. In the drop down menu go to drivers, once on drivers you'll see the 25% in between average points per race and laps. It's the same breakdown for road racing and oval.

That one specific stat doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Thanks dudes!
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 am

Oh, neat, hadn't seen that page before.

Number of races in which you've finished in the top 25% of the field. Chris Hughson has run 4577 races and finished in the top 1/4 3414 times.
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 am

Hmmmm, I don't know. If it's a percentage value, I don't understand how it can exceed 100%, even if he won every race he ever entered; it would still be 100% no?

I had the same thought as you initially, but the more I thought about it I was still confused. My 25% stat is 82 which is the same percentage as my top 5 stat, which still doesn't mesh because you can finish in the lower top 25% and still not make the top 5.

I don't know. Maybe it's easiest to ask someone on the iRacing staff? It's really not that important, I've just been curious for a long time now and wondered if anyone else ever noticed it.
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Hmmmm, I don't know. If it's a percentage value, I don't understand how it can exceed 100%, even if he won every race he ever entered; it would still be 100% no?

I had the same thought as you initially, but the more I thought about it I was still confused. My 25% stat is 82 which is the same percentage as my top 5 stat, which still doesn't mesh because you can finish in the lower top 25% and still not make the top 5.

I don't know. Maybe it's easiest to ask someone on the iRacing staff? It's really not that important, I've just been curious for a long time now and wondered if anyone else ever noticed it.

The number in that field isn't a percentage though, it's an integer value.
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm

It should be the number of times you've placed in the top 25%
It's possible that you've either finished in the top 5 or outside of the top 25% every time. Ricky Bobby come to life?
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallhugger60 Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm

HWKII wrote:
SpecMiata-JSW wrote:Hmmmm, I don't know. If it's a percentage value, I don't understand how it can exceed 100%, even if he won every race he ever entered; it would still be 100% no?

An integer-lagos?
Wallhugger60
Wallhugger60

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Wallhugger60 wrote:
HWKII wrote:

An integer-lagos?

Heh..

Haha...

LOL

IRL. Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/west-virginian-blues

Split Solstice caught in a photo in this week's GTCup article!
iRacing General Discussion Picture01
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Not gonna lie, do love those split liveries. What a Face It's so great to see our little group featured in so many race reviews too! Good thing some of you guys are so fast... Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh my god the whinging.

"Stop blocking me Benjamin. I'm faster than you and this is a multiclass race, and you're holding me up".

Translation. I got close to you once, when you screwed up one corner, once. You drove the racing line, rather than pull over and let me past. I then got past by a genuinely faster driver. You then proceeded to lap 0.5 seconds faster than me and beat me by several seconds, in the slower car class, and now I'm mad.

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next