DriverSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The Official Non Sequitur Thread, "And now for something COMPLETELY different..."
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm by Forgetful

» DriverSports as a Race Team
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:56 pm by Rooster722

» DriverSports Rule Book - GT6
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 am by Forgetful

» The DriverSports Championship Series
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm by Forgetful

» The DriverSports World Series
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm by Forgetful

» Welcome to DriveSports.org
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm by Forgetful

» The Global Production Car Challenge
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 pm by Forgetful

» Moved to Alberta, took a new job
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am by Forgetful

» Sportscars 2014 general
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm by group44

Gran Turismo 6 general

+6
SpecMiata-JSW
HWKII
group44
timneyb
Forgetful
clacksman
10 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 Empty Re: Gran Turismo 6 general

Post  clacksman Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Forgetful wrote:

Wonder if those dots are like checkpoints.

The blue dots?  More like centerpoints - if we're seeing a tool (seems likely), those get grabbed to move the road whichever way.

Moss at Mosport is also the south end.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1151278.html

Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen. 

- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].

- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks. 

- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.

- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.

Multi-monitor Compatibility
[Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options. 

Car Search
A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.

Sale of Racing Gear in Individual Colors
The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.

Kart Adjustments Options Expanded
- [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available. 

- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.

Other Improvements/Adjustments
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.

- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Reading elsewhere that tires are changed.  Particularly Comforts, maybe Sports too.  Easier to catch/hold slides or something.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:58 am

Hmm, as long as they don't royally screw things up like they did with 5, I guess a small change could be OK. Actually liked the current tire model overall.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 am

group44 wrote:Hmm, as long as they don't royally screw things up like they did with 5, I guess a small change could be OK. Actually liked the current tire model overall.

What about 5 got worse as time (updates) went on?
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  timneyb Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:47 am

clacksman wrote:
group44 wrote:Hmm, as long as they don't royally screw things up like they did with 5, I guess a small change could be OK. Actually liked the current tire model overall.

I swear I didn't hate the AI as much until an early update. Proximity induced braking idjuts.

After iR, this game does not need to be easier to drive. Why not just have hard mode? Swear-inducing, difficult physics and if it's the only alternative to theses idjuts, an AI that drives like a grizzly old racer from 20 years ago, and basically ignores your presence alongside him because he always feels entitled to his line (i.e., the whole track).

timneyb

http://www.gtdata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:59 am

timneyb wrote:
clacksman wrote:

I swear I didn't hate the AI as much until an early update. Proximity induced braking idjuts.

After iR, this game does not need to be easier to drive. Why not just have hard mode? Swear-inducing, difficult physics and if it's the only alternative to theses idjuts, an AI that drives like a grizzly old racer from 20 years ago, and basically ignores your presence alongside him because he always feels entitled to his line (i.e., the whole track).

Yeah the AIdiots got stupider in that early update to 5, I meant just regarding tires/driving.  The wear rate got made really rapid (especially for R-softs, which didn't affect me), other than that I don't recall any backwards steps.  The FFB improved tangibly at least once too.

I'd complain more about the newly-gamed AI in 6, but FM5s is worse (than GT6, GT5, and FM4) and none of the PC thingys are outright good at AI either.  rF AI is sort of okay if turn it up beyond 100% and are on a track with a good AI path.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 pm

clacksman wrote:

Might not be remembering this correctly. I thought the same time PD increased the wear rate significantly (wasn't it for the Race tires and the Sports?) they also changed the dynamics in regards to when the tire was sliding. Like they changed the amount of slip angle before it broke away or maybe the 'feel' when it broke away. Obviously I'm clueless by this point, but I do remember the wear rate change on the race slicks alone was enough by itself to seriously change the face of online competition. And not for the better.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm

The wear rate affected everything; grippier stuff moreso.  The key was R-softs actually wore faster than R-meds, which wore faster than R-hards, etc etc etc royally screwing up any event designed on R tires. 

I don't remember the sliding/breakaway/watever changing for the worse.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 am

When the GPS Track Creator gets implemented ( study ), having just gotten back from Burbank/Tarzana/West Hills area of Southern California, help us RackAttack,you're our only hope.... I have another track I need to grab off my phone, through the Santa Susana Pass. Not as fast but even more twisty and fun. Less terrifying.

(This road was even fun in a shitty Ford Fiesta SE, a car which I now have an eternal blood feud with. Much to the dismay of the M5 driver in front of me heading down the hill, I was keeping up pretty good in the bends. The way up though, oh the way up... 430 Scuderia, Porsche 911 GT3, Corvette Z06 me, and a Gallardo. All in a train. Behind an ancient pickup truck. Going slow. It was like hell. And heaven. At the same time.)

Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 2014-03-11-19-38-33
Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 2014-03-11-20-14-36
HWKII
HWKII

http://www.driversports.org

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 am

1. Indeed.  Very Happy 
2. Looks like no bad turns are possible. What a Face
3. *goes to googlemaps* Why did they change googlemaps?   Evil or Very Mad
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Surely the fact the doors are separate pieces means we'll be able to open them at some point.

Gran Turismo 6 general - Page 10 Silver10
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Or a ghost from damage plans from the past? Didn't one of the pre release trailers for GT5 show a rally car with the doors flying open? Laughing
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 pm

You can get the doors off the (premium) rally cars in 5.  It's how I got the trophy for making a body part fall off.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  group44 Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 am

clacksman wrote:You can get the doors off the (premium) rally cars in 5.  It's how I got the trophy for making a body part fall off.

Huh, somehow I didn't know this  Embarassed  Guess I don't like wrecking even my virtual cars.
group44
group44

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:58 pm

The GPS thingy that takes a real car lap and puts it in GT is coming April 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ-AcBpniYY
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Release of this feature so far seems as though it's been met mostly with anger that it's not the thing that lets you take real roads and turn them in to courses in GT6.  Laughing
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 am

HWKII wrote:Release of this feature so far seems as though it's been met mostly with anger that it's not the thing that lets you take real roads and turn them in to courses in GT6.  Laughing

Real anger is if they don't fix camber in this update.  Laughing
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Don't fix the pit glitch
Don't release the community features, B-Spec and full enduros
Don't release the next VGT car
Don't unlock the M4 special colour
 Rolling Eyes
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  HWKII Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Forgetful wrote:Don't fix the pit glitch
Don't release the community features, B-Spec and full enduros
Don't release the next VGT car
Don't unlock the M4 special colour
 Rolling Eyes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dats so Kaz...
HWKII
HWKII

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 am

1.06 live; red highlights mine

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1446438.html

update for Gran Turismo 6 has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Data Logger now available
[Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.

GPS Visualizer function introduced
[GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". By driving a car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It's be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.

Custom Rear Wing option implemented
[Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in "My Home". You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn't compatible with certain cars.)

3DTV compatibility now added
A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.

Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1. 
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed.

Other improvements and adjustments
- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 pm

clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgetful Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 pm

nursnow?

Snow driving starts at 1:00
Forgetful
Forgetful

Back to top Go down

Post  SpecMiata-JSW Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Who are these neogaf people and what do they know? Is this some behind the scenes code or something?
SpecMiata-JSW
SpecMiata-JSW

Back to top Go down

Post  clacksman Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:00 am

SpecMiata-JSW wrote:
Who are these neogaf people and what do they know? Is this some behind the scenes code or something?

neogaf is just a popular/high-traffic video games forum/board/site.  These files/directories/titles/whatevers are in the code of GT6.
clacksman
clacksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next